Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: peak tom chambers today

Quote Originally Posted by swagga
    i was thinking the same thing, his game was very PnR friendly and he had the ability to run like a wing, which translate very well in this era. Also his length and athleticism are better suited today than in the 80s (imo).

For the uninformed posters:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDyBSTQDwH8
    chambers had MAD hops. You can get other highlight dunks on youtube, i just posted this one to give you an idea of his athletic ability, this ain't no andrea bargnani.

to people questioning his white boy game:
    he also won an all-star mvp in a game with magic, kareem, worthy, hakeem, moses maone, jordan, erving, mchale, dominique wilkins, larry bird and isiah...back when people actually played in this game.
    True, I also think that.
    His size and length combined with his leaping prowess and his ability to run the floor (also handle the rock), plus his really good finishing capability, while being a big with a jumper... Makes him better suited for today's game, not that he wasn't very good back then, as well.

Yea, Tom could get really high up there, posterized plenty of people. Most likely the GOAT caucasian dunker.

He went off in that ASG, winning MVP in his team's hometown (Seattle), playing against a bunch of legends in a time where that game was taken more seriously:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaWvvqm1ddM

Dude had that aerodynamic mullet

He's also one of the few players to ever drop 60 or more points in a game...

Quote Originally Posted by Marchesk
    The Supersonics had Dale Ellis, X-Man and Chambers all average 23 or more points one season.

They won 39 games.
    That Sonics team with Ellis, Chambers and X-Man is, imo, one of the most entertaining teams EVER... Even if they weren't winning all that much. They got to the Conference Finals that same year though (1987) pulling two major upsets.

Chambers then went to the Suns, having some great seasons as a #1 option while they were winning 50+ games, with Kevin Johnson there too.
    McDaniel was slowed down by injuries, never quite reaching his full potential, still solid career though.
    Dale had his peak years with the Sonics in the late 80's, very underrated player/shooter with some very underrated seasons.

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SHAQisGOAT
    That Sonics team with Ellis, Chambers and X-Man is, imo, one of the most entertaining teams EVER... Even if they weren't winning all that much. They got to the Conference Finals that same year though (1987) pulling two major upsets.

Chambers then went to the Suns, having some great seasons as a #1 option while they were winning 50+ games, with Kevin Johnson there too.
    McDaniel was slowed down by injuries, never quite reaching his full potential, still solid career though.
    Dale had his peak years with the Sonics in the late 80's, very underrated player/shooter with some very underrated seasons.
    God damn I loved those teams.

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatethunder
    Which half, his black mom or his black dad?
    Blake Griffin then.

Ima be honest. Without looking it up I had no idea who this was

C'mon...the guy peaked in the late 80's-early 90's. Over 25 years ago. Does anyone in their right mind believe that a peak Bo Jackson could play in the NFL today?

God damn I loved those teams.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSBZlRABx5g
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTwZTS9t-zw

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Thanks

It's hard to explain teams like these to people who missed out on them. They weren't particularly popular so if you didn't follow basketball closely back then (get the paper every morning and read the recap and box scores) you would have missed out on this team. No one remembers how good guys like ellis and McKey and McMillan were or even Chambers and X Man. I loved those damn teams. Thank you for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing

Is this real life???

One of the most underrated dunks and dunkers of all time.

White Kevin Durant basically.

I post-up midgets magic chiongson's Avatar

Local High School Star

The guy was an all-star during the strongest period in league history specially at the forward position so I'd say he'd be an all star today as well. Like someone else said, I would take him over Bosch's soft behind any day of the week.

Thanks

It's hard to explain teams like these to people who missed out on them. They weren't particularly popular so if you didn't follow basketball closely back then (get the paper every morning and read the recap and box scores) you would have missed out on this team. No one remembers how good guys like ellis and McKey and McMillan were or even Chambers and X Man. I loved those damn teams. Thank you for that.
    True.

They were a pleasant surprise in 1987 and shocked many people pulling two upsets.

They had some solid role players alongside that exciting trio... Ellis was a great shooter who could score in many ways, Chambers was a high-flying PF who got buckets, X-Man just that gritty SF, athletic with good D, also a pretty good scorer, doing damage inside and in the post.

Local High School Star Akhenaten's Avatar

Who's Wesley Chandler?
    who's the cat with all the tattoos used to play with Denver and the Knicks?

that dude

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LAZERUSS
    C'mon...the guy peaked in the late 80's-early 90's. Over 25 years ago. Does anyone in their right mind believe that a peak Bo Jackson could play in the NFL today?
    Do you seriously think that a peak Bo Jackson couldn't even play in the NFL today?

Stick to being a Wilt stan.