Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast
    Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

Default Re: The Last Of Us Hype

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    Crash, Jak and Daxter, Uncharted, and now The Last Of Us...so yeah, they're the best developer in the industry.

Best games of this generation:

1. The Last Of Us
    2. Red Dead Redemption
    3. Gears of War (1 or 3)
    4. Assassin's Creed 2
    5. Original Mass Effect
    I have:

1) Last of Us
    2) Arkham City
    3) Uncharted 2
    4) Assassin's Creed 2
    5) Bioshock

I haven't played Mass Effect or Red Dead so I need to get on that ASAP. Want to finish Bioshock 2, play Infinite, and then do Red Dead. These last few months are gonna be stacked though in terms of games I want to get. You have FIFA 14, NBA 2K14, GTA IV, Assassins Creed 4, Arkham Origins. Am I missing anything? But damn wallet is gonna be thin.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    Crash, Jak and Daxter, Uncharted, and now The Last Of Us...so yeah, they're the best developer in the industry.

Best games of this generation:

1. The Last Of Us
    2. Red Dead Redemption
    3. Gears of War (1 or 3)
    4. Assassin's Creed 2
    5. Original Mass Effect
    I haven't played the last of us yet. And I love gears but I don't think it deserves to be in the top 5. I'd go with..

1. Uncharted (haven't played the third yet I'm about a week away from being done enough in my queue to get to it. And yes I'm the random oddball that prefers the original to the sequel.)
    2. Mass effect 2 (one has the better story so I could swap it here)
    3. AC 2 or brotherhood.
    4. Super Mario Galaxy 2.
    5. Probably Arkham City.

Honorable mentions: Halo Reach, Portal, Uncharted 2, and Bioshock. the last I feel really bad leaving out.

This is actually a pretty good idea for a thread. I don't think it's been done recently either.

Quote Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
    I have:

1) Last of Us
    2) Arkham City
    3) Uncharted 2
    4) Assassin's Creed 2
    5) Bioshock

I haven't played Mass Effect or Red Dead so I need to get on that ASAP. Want to finish Bioshock 2, play Infinite, and then do Red Dead. These last few months are gonna be stacked though in terms of games I want to get. You have FIFA 14, NBA 2K14, GTA IV, Assassins Creed 4, Arkham Origins. Am I missing anything? But damn wallet is gonna be thin.
    Dude you HAVE to play Red Dead. It's dirt cheap by now so just buy it before anything else. And you could probably find the first Mass Effect for like $5 (came out 6 years ago).

Quote Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
    I have:

1) Last of Us
    2) Arkham City
    3) Uncharted 2
    4) Assassin's Creed 2
    5) Bioshock

Apparently you can already find GTA IV if you have some solid hook ups. My buddy told me he finished it actually

Welcome to LA S. Nash! rhythmic 's Avatar

The best games I've played this generation (360 & PS3), top 15:

1) The Last of Us
    2) Uncharted 3
    3) Uncharted 2
    4) Red Dead Redemption
    5) Arkham City
    6) Mass Effect 2
    7) BioShock
    8) Halo 3
    9) Gears of War
    10) God of War III
    11) Arkham Asylum
    12) Halo: Reach
    13) Modern Warfare 2 (story-mode)
    14) Brotherhood (Assassin Creed)
    15) GTA 4

Have not played Infinite or Tomb Raider, two strong contenders to make the list. COD 4, Gears of War 2, Drake's Fortune and Assassin Creed 2 are borderline top 15; as well as Max Payne 3. Have not played Dead Space, and I really want to try.

I am sure GTA V will be at the top of the list; and possibly Two Souls. Every other notable title I believe is for the next gen console. Blacklist could be promising; as well as Arkham Origins.

Banned

just finished it first play through, played on hard difficulty

damn what an enduring and exhilarating experience.
    I thought there was going to be more after leaving the hospital and the little dialogue between joel/ellie, but it made perfect sense to end it there.

I think winter was my favorite chapter, but everything was damn good.
    Oh and the writing and voice acting was great, puts alot of movies/tv shows to shame
    I might try a survivor plus playthrough, having no listen mode would be pretty tough. I found myself relying on it heavily at times.

Best games of generation:

1. The Last of Us
    2. Dark Souls
    3. NBA 2k11
    4. Gears of War
    5. Mass Effect 2
    6. Battlefield 3
    7. Red Dead Redemption
    8. Demon's Souls
    9. World of Warcraft (Burning Crusade -> Wrath)
    10. Super Meat Boy

Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

So after I wrap up the Bioshock series, I need some games that are must play. Red Dead obviously, but what else? I think I might give Tomb Raider a try, maybe even do some MGS4. But I've played all the AC games, Uncharted, God of War, etc.

Just finished it as well, 21 hours and cash. Found 104 collectibles. I'm probably gonna play through again on hard or survivor. What is the difference between regular mode and + mode? Btw, I'm down for what someone mentioned of making a group for online play.

Quote Originally Posted by stallionaire
    Best games of generation:

1. The Last of Us
    2. Dark Souls
    3. NBA 2k11
    4. Gears of War
    5. Mass Effect 2
    6. Battlefield 3
    7. Red Dead Redemption
    8. Demon's Souls
    9. World of Warcraft (Burning Crusade -> Wrath)
    10. Super Meat Boy
    Strange list.
    NBA 2K11, Battlefield 3 are weird selections.
    I feel like 2K13 was far superior, and games like Modern Warfare 2, COD 4 & Black Ops were far better FPS then BF3. But I am not an online player, so perhaps that's why you chose Battlefield 3?

Dead Space & Dark Souls/Demon's Souls I have to play soon.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by rhythmic †hesis

Strange list.
    NBA 2K11, Battlefield 3 are weird selections.
    I feel like 2K13 was far superior, and games like Modern Warfare 2, COD 4 & Black Ops were far better FPS then BF3. But I am not an online player, so perhaps that's why you chose Battlefield 3?

Dead Space & Dark Souls/Demon's Souls I have to play soon.
    BF3 Multiplayer was brilliant. The COD series online to me don't even compare. They're so linear in comparison to Battlefield. 2 years after the game came out and I've only just stopped playing it. 790 hours! Money well spent!
    Last edited by step_back; 06-24-2013 at 11:57 AM.

No skyrim or uncharted 3 in your top 10?

gtfo

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lebowsky
    Just finished it as well, 21 hours and cash. Found 104 collectibles. I'm probably gonna play through again on hard or survivor. What is the difference between regular mode and + mode? Btw, I'm down for what someone mentioned of making a group for online play.

It sounds like you and I played in a similar fashion. I was at around 27 hours and got 114 collectibles.

The Plus Mode is a replay, but it carry's over all your weapon and character upgrades you've made. I thought I'd start with every weapon, but that's not the case. You still have to pick them up as you go along, but they're upgraded to whereever you left off on them. I'm going through a plus game now to max everything out. I'm getting pretty close to being fully maxed out, and I'm just entering the hotel now.

I've been very aggressive in this play through, and it's soaking up resources like nuts. Fortunately with everything maxed out, I can afford it.

I've found a few extra collectibles so far. I've found two Firefly Pendents up in trees that had to be shot down, which means now I'm constantly looking up in the trees.

I just played my first online game last night. I suck, but found it much better than most online stuff I've tried. I even got a few kills. So if anyone wants to put a group together, I'd give it a try. My gamertag is Thorpesaurous too.

[QUOTE=rhythmic

Quote Originally Posted by stallionaire
    2k11 mechanics are better than 2k13s. The 3pt cheese absolutely infuriates me. Lots of holes in the game overall. Too much tweaking to be done with sliders and you can't even do that online.

Battlefield 3 is the best online fps that has come out this generation, explain why you think it's a 'weird' selection.
    Well I just feel like 2K13 was a better overall game and I didn't find it that memorable to be honest. Just shocked you included 2K11 and placed it so highly on your list.

As far as BF3, I am not an online gamer so that should give you indication as to why I don't hold that game in such high regard.