Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 273435363738 LastLast

Thread: Real NBA Height

Banned

Default Re: Real NBA Height

Chuck Hayes is 6'2''...I stood next to him in RL.

Decent college freshman supersmashbros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Juges8932
    Terrible picture...
    I agree...btw is anyone a Celebheight user? I got the Chris Bosh/Dwight Howard pic from that site.
    He's a pic of the 6,4 3/4" MJ and the 7,5" Yao (note those are their barefoot heights)...
    I haven't seen a pic of Yao standing next to somebody who's noticably taller than him...
    Here's Yao and Shawn Bradley...they both seem to the same height...

And Shawn Bradley trying to block Yao

btw, I think 7,4" Mark Eaton might have the same shoulder height as 7,5" Yao. He has a very short neck and broad high shoulders unlike Yao who has narrow droopy shoulders and a long neck .

I usually hit open layups Spec5ial5k5's Avatar

Everyones heights are with shoes on so their listings are 1.25 inches more than they really are

Local High School Star

This pic looks like Barkley is about 6 foot 7

Quote Originally Posted by Godfather
    Chuck Hayes is 6'2''...I stood next to him in RL.
    6'2?

Quote Originally Posted by supersmashbros
    I agree...btw is anyone a Celebheight user? I got the Chris Bosh/Dwight Howard pic from that site.
    He's a pic of the 6,4 3/4" MJ and the 7,5" Yao (note those are their barefoot heights)...
    I haven't seen a pic of Yao standing next to somebody who's noticably taller than him...
    Here's Yao and Shawn Bradley...they both seem to the same height...

And Shawn Bradley trying to block Yao

btw, I think 7,4" Mark Eaton might have the same shoulder height as 7,5" Yao. He has a very short neck and broad high shoulders unlike Yao who has narrow droopy shoulders and a long neck .
    Yeah, I go on that site all the time out of curiosity. It seems to be the most accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Juges8932
    Yeah, I go on that site all the time out of curiosity. It seems to be the most accurate.
    I think it has the best height records for celebrities hence the name Celebheights. I think 7,5" is spot on for Yao. Then again, I mentioned before Yao doesn't seem as massive as players of similar (or slightly shorter heights) like Mark Eaton, Shagari Alleyne, Pavel Podkolvin, and Slavko Vranes. I think it's because he has very narrow sloping shoulders. Shawn Bradley has a similar built to Yao (except his hips are also narrow unlike Yao who's broad-hipped).

Quote Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
    This may be of interest. Bosh's standing reach was 9'1" despite measuring 6'10 1/4" without shoes. Dwight had a 9'3 1/2" standing reach despite measuring just 6'9" without shoes. So that picture makes sense.
    The only thing find surprising about Chris Bosh is that his wingspan was measured at 7,3" despite having such narrow shoulders (and thus a long neck. His small head also exaggerates the long neck because a smaller head means less to cover up the neck). That must mean Bosh has absurdly long arms, but his standing reach still isn't ridiculously high because of his low shoulders.

Good High School Starter

What is Jabbar's "wingspan" and "standing reach"? anyone has some source please?

NBA rookie of the year Rockets(T-mac)'s Avatar

Whatever happened to VCMVP1551, he was comical.

I usually hit open layups

Bump

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by Height Freak View Post
    Bump
    Steve Nash is only 6′1 barefoot (he admitted to it) but lists himself as 6′3 because of basketball shoes.

NBA All-star

Quote Originally Posted by tunique View Post
    Steve Nash is only 6′1 barefoot (he admitted to it) but lists himself as 6′3 because of basketball shoes.
    pretty sure those are soccer shoes, and olympic versions compared to Manu's pro version considering those rebounding numbers

Shaq is supposed to be 7"1 in shoes and Yao 7"6 in shoes. Is it me or does this look like more than 5 inches in difference? Theres no perception trickery like Shaq being further back from the camera to appear smaller. I just looked at a height comparison tool and judging by where the top of Shaqs head is( in line with the bottom of Yaos ears roughly) in order to get that effect on the tool I had to make the taller person 7"8. I know not terribly scientific, but still....Yao looks ALOT bigger than Shaq here.

Saw a basketball once

Ewing can't be over 7 feet