Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Trade Melo ideas

I don't have an issue with trading Carmelo... after about 25 games. It's not impossible that this group meshes and Melo takes off. Look at the Mets.

"The Residential Pit" franchize's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by el gringos
    How do you not understand that it's a lock to sign Durant next year? Plus you could just trade Carmelo to whatever shithole you want and he will waive that no trade clause out of love for knick fans.

Plus Aaron afflalo will opt out and someone will give an expirer plus picks for Calderon. Then you get horford or someone like that. Bright future.
    This is sarcasm right?

I'm for the idea of trading Carmelo Anthony. Not because it makes the Knicks immediately better, but because it doesn't waste Anthony's time while keeping the Knicks mediocre.

The one thing I will say Phil Jackson did very well last year was that he made sure the Knicks were flat out bad instead of mediocre. This year though, the club is mediocre. They aren't good enough to be a playoff team but they aren't bad enough that they will likely land the top pick.

Trading Anthony would be an asset collection move. Picks or prospects is what they need.
    Bruh...we're flat out bad lol. And I don't care about getting picks or assets because I don't trust Phil enough to expect either to materialize into quality players. You can have a million picks but if you suck at talent evaluation, it really doesn't matter. I'm not sold on Phil's vision enough to give away our last asset. So Melo just has to sit here and suffer with the rest of us. Luckily for him, he's getting paid a lot more than all of us to do so. lol

[QUOTE=smoovegittar]
    Quote Originally Posted by el gringos
    How do you not understand that it's a lock to sign Durant next year?

What? Oh, that's right... he'll be great with Bargnani.
    Durant and Carmelo have much different skill sets. I know you can't understand much, but

Bargnani isn't on the Knicks anymore

Bigs test would fit best w perimeter oriented players like Durant would be more post presence types. Bargnani skill set typ guys are what would fit best w 3's that are best inside out like Carmelo

ZOOM - right over his head...

NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by franchize
    Bruh...we're flat out bad lol. And I don't care about getting picks or assets because I don't trust Phil enough to expect either to materialize into quality players. You can have a million picks but if you suck at talent evaluation, it really doesn't matter. I'm not sold on Phil's vision enough to give away our last asset. So Melo just has to sit here and suffer with the rest of us. Luckily for him, he's getting paid a lot more than all of us to do so. lol
    They aren't top 3 pick bad. They are hope we get a miracle/favor and win the lottery bad.

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Da KO King
    I'm for the idea of trading Carmelo Anthony. Not because it makes the Knicks immediately better, but because it doesn't waste Anthony's time while keeping the Knicks mediocre.

The one thing I will say Phil Jackson did very well last year was that he made sure the Knicks were flat out bad instead of mediocre. This year though, the club is mediocre. They aren't good enough to be a playoff team but they aren't bad enough that they will likely land the top pick.

Trading Anthony would be an asset collection move. Picks or prospects is what they need.
    Phil is in a tough spot this year. They dont have their own pick to fall back on if they suck WITH Melo. Also cant trade Melo this year without their own pick unless they get one hell of a haul. I agree the team is mediocre, but they'd be flat out awful without Melo.

Quote Originally Posted by knickscity
    Phil is in a tough spot this year. They dont have their own pick to fall back on if they suck WITH Melo. Also cant trade Melo this year without their own pick unless they get one hell of a haul. I agree the team is mediocre, but they'd be flat out awful without Melo.
    I think a team like Sacramento would be open to trading for Carmelo. He's what they wish Rudy Gay was and can possibly be the peace maker between George Karl and Demarcus Cousins.

Would you guys be fine with Gay and a pick for Anthony?

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Da KO King
    I think a team like Sacramento would be open to trading for Carmelo. He's what they wish Rudy Gay was and can possibly be the peace maker between George Karl and Demarcus Cousins.

Would you guys be fine with Gay and a pick for Anthony?
    Rudy Gay is like a bootleg Melo, I wouldnt do it if I had that call. Sac really doesnt have anything I like other than Cousins. The pick has to be unprotected as that team is certainly lotto.

Quote Originally Posted by knickscity
    Rudy Gay is like a bootleg Melo, I wouldnt do it if I had that call. Sac really doesnt have anything I like other than Cousins. The pick has to be unprotected as that team is certainly lotto.
    I mention Gay because he'd be a rental. Can basically give him a test drive and see what kinda guy he is day to day. If you don't like what he has to offer at least you got a pick out of it.