Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Default Anyone get bored shooting around alone?

I prefer playing with other people. The most I can do by myself before getting bored is maybe 30 minutes, depending on what mood I'm in. I like the Steve Nash 20 minute drill as it's a pretty good workout, and you get a lot of shots up in a short amount of time.

Default Re: Anyone get bored shooting around alone?

I do that most of the time.. I usually Play with other guys who I meet on that court then, or just shoot for about 45 minutes and then go home..

Only 1 bud who I really go out to Play with.

Learning to shoot layups nzamcdza's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shade8780
    I prefer playing with other people. The most I can do by myself before getting bored is maybe 30 minutes, depending on what mood I'm in. I like the Steve Nash 20 minute drill as it's a pretty good workout, and you get a lot of shots up in a short amount of time.
    LOVE that Steve Nash 20 min drill!

Dunking on everybody in the park

nope I love shooting on my own....gets the skill level up!

be even better to have someone rebound....

I really enjoy putting up 100s of shots with someone rebounding....

Not really... I make up games and challenges until I get tired. It's that time to be really creative and think of new stuff... I also pretend people are defending me a lot of times too.

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Yeah I can't really shoot around alone more than 20-30 mins. My favorite workout is what I started recently with a friend which is 3 1v1 games and then play 1v1 without keeping score and trying new moves. Was a great workout last time we did it.

Went to the gym yesterday on the way back from the library. I wanted to go out later (and I did) so I wanted a quick 20-30 min game but there were only 11 people and no one wanted to run full-court. I left kind of surprised, usually our gym has 20 or so people on Saturday or even more. Heck, even during the week our gym has been clearing out. For that reason, I rarely go now since I only know and play with 4-5 of the regulars who are also busy with schoolwork and midterms.

Banned

The Bird game is fun. 1 point for a make, bird gets 2 points for a miss. first to 21 wins. games that emphasize efficiency and punish missed shots are the best. This is so you don't get lazy and put up shots for the hell of it. Game type shots and good form. make it a habit.

Yeah I do but sometimes I get bored of playing 1 on 1 also. Me and my best friend ball in the city maybe once every week, nowadays it might be once a month due to the cold. We play 1 on 1 and both us know each other's games so well that nothing really surprises the other one. I can practice new fadeaways but we play to 84 or best of 7 series with 21 point games so we could be playing for an hour or longer.

It beats shooting around alone, I can literally only do that for 30 mins before I get bored. I need competition, even if I get blown out I remember playing in the summer while fasting when it was 95 degrees outside. Very few people outside and I was like what the hell, I'll ask this dude who was literally 6 inches taller in 1 on 1 and he beat me but it took him till the end (31-27). I was posting up on him too, I swear the next generation has no concept of post game or working on it

Quote Originally Posted by nzamcdza
    LOVE that Steve Nash 20 min drill!
    Link to this drill plz?

honestly not really. pick up games are great but sometimes i just feel like shooting to relieve some stress. i do shit like this like every other day just to chill and get a little workout in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaob...ature=youtu.be

Hell no! The opposite!

...and 30 mins? Give me a nice court/hoop + spalding and i will sleep there.

Best to shoot around with other people. One other person cuz you can converse and having someone get rebounds makes it better. Shooting alone sucks cuz you gotta get your own rebounds. Still, it's like a zen moment. When I was young I'd get pissed and go shoot around until I felt better.

Just you and the hoop...

and if someone comes around you can ball with them.

-Smak

lol

Decent playground baller

oh man, nothing better than an empty gym. srs

get some cones and either find some drills to do or just get creative

if you are legit trying to get better at hoops then find a basketball program online for free and structure your drills like that

all that is very boring ill tell you (for people that just want to play)

but if you are trying to get better at basketball, everything is exciting, from the technical drills to the live game play drills.

I'd kill to be able to work on my shooting all by myself but the opportunity rarely comes up.