Question Gears of War vs. Uncharted

Who you take?

Default Re: Gears of War vs. Uncharted

Both are better than Halo.

Gears

NBA lottery pick

Uncharted is a much more visually appealing game, with better characters, and a bit more variety in gameplay. Story-wise I actually enjoy the GoW lore, but I'd say Uncharted is probably more well written. Strictly as a shooter though, GoW is better.

Cancer VS Aids

National High School Star

I'm going to have to go Uncharted.

I have played the first 4 Gears of Wars, & while fun & enjoyable for the most part, i just got really burned out on them.

I have also played all the Uncharted series, to which i feel more drawn into.

Liking the characters is what probably puts UC over the line, their development and personalities is just fresher.

Banned

gears 1 over UC1 and 3
    UC1 over all the gears except 1
    UC2 over all the gears

After the first gears I felt all the sequels didn't really do it for me as much as the first game did. First game felt fresh but that style got a little old in the next few.

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    gears 1 over UC1 and 3
    UC1 over all the gears except 1
    UC2 over all the gears

After the first gears I felt all the sequels didn't really do it for me as much as the first game did. First game felt fresh but that style got a little old in the next few.
    You really think UC1 is better than UC3?
    I mean there are quite a bit of issues with UC3:

- rushed ending
    - poor AI

However, the game was easily better than Drake's Fortune.

I'd say:

1) U2
    2) GOW
    3) U3
    4) GOW 2
    5) U1

U3 was unbearable at release; but after they released a dozen patches and fixed all the problems, the game was great. It had the most memorable set pieces out of any Uncharted.

I'd say Gears of War 1 has a comfortable lead over U3 though.
    I also think if the whole desert sequence wasn't rushed and more was told about the actual villains in the game; U3 could have been a better game than U2.

Chapters 6 - 11 were absolutely epic, and after the ship chapters; I felt like there is still SO MUCH to be told about the characters. But it was so weird how quickly the game ended. Chapters 16, 17, 18 were over in like 5 minutes it seemed and then you had a couple of levels in the desert and the credits rolled.

It was just confusing and disappointing.
    I thought U1 and U2 had perfect pacing. U3 however had much better graphics and level design than U1. U3 should have had about 26/27 chapters like U2 did, that was my biggest pet peeve and the fact that so many enemies just rushed you all the time. Just didn't seem believable.

U1 had the same issues, especially in earlier chapters.
    All the enemies just rushed you.

Never truly played uncharted for long. Played gears for a decent while and graphically that was the only thing great about the game. Shit was mind blowing I still don't think the new consoles release graphically great games like that one

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by West-Side
    You really think UC1 is better than UC3?
    I mean there are quite a bit of issues with UC3:

- rushed ending
    - poor AI

However, the game was easily better than Drake's Fortune.

I'd say:

1) U2
    2) GOW
    3) U3
    4) GOW 2
    5) U1

U3 was unbearable at release; but after they released a dozen patches and fixed all the problems, the game was great. It had the most memorable set pieces out of any Uncharted.

I'd say Gears of War 1 has a comfortable lead over U3 though.
    I also think if the whole desert sequence wasn't rushed and more was told about the actual villains in the game; U3 could have been a better game than U2.

Chapters 6 - 11 were absolutely epic, and after the ship chapters; I felt like there is still SO MUCH to be told about the characters. But it was so weird how quickly the game ended. Chapters 16, 17, 18 were over in like 5 minutes it seemed and then you had a couple of levels in the desert and the credits rolled.

It was just confusing and disappointing.
    I thought U1 and U2 had perfect pacing. U3 however had much better graphics and level design than U1. U3 should have had about 26/27 chapters like U2 did, that was my biggest pet peeve and the fact that so many enemies just rushed you all the time. Just didn't seem believable.

U1 had the same issues, especially in earlier chapters.
    All the enemies just rushed you.
    uncharted 3 isn't as good of a game imo. It has the same ai issues and targeting problems that tlou inherited and it has too many walking/chase/fight segments that are just repetitive. A lot of the puzzle are time more time consuming and don't quite work 100% either (the stars, cogs and globe puzzles come to mind where even if lined up sometimes the game just refusing to register for awhile).

May be possible i am over rating 1 though as I played that back in the day where as I came later to uncharted 3 so I end up comparing 3 to all the modern games I've also played where as 1 was amazing when it came out for me. Maybe 1 isn't a better game technically but i enjoyed it more and felt like it flowed better and was less boring, simpler but more enjoyable for me.

Banned

GOW has way better shooter mechanics

Quote Originally Posted by GIF REACTION
    GOW has way better shooter mechanics
    It's a shooter, Uncharted is an action-adventure, so it should have better shooter mechanics.

It's like me saying GTA 3 doesn't have better shooting mechanics than Sniper Elite.

College superstar

Uncharted.

It's not even close.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by West-Side
    It's a shooter, Uncharted is an action-adventure, so it should have better shooter mechanics.

It's like me saying GTA 3 doesn't have better shooting mechanics than Sniper Elite.
    Excuses

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by GIF REACTION
    Excuses
    Well Uncharted has better climbing and fighting mechanics than Gears of War... so you point is invalid