Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    Banned

Default Re: Are we going to ignore that John Wall dunked over Lin

For anybody else who watched the game, it was actually a very good match up between the two. Wall's quickness and speed really made Lin work for his numbers.

Wall got Lin in foul in the 1st Q and had Lin on bench with 4 minutes left. Wall must have had a 10 to 12 points on Lin too, including a couple of "and 1's."

Lin was still able to his thing. Got teammates involved early. Made a couple of lay-ups when he saw an opportunity and burned Wall badly on that slamdunk play. By the way, when Lin was on the bench in late 1st Quarter and early 2nd, the Knicks couldn't even do anything. Novak's 3's weren't even falling. When Lin came back in, Novak started hitting his 3's and the Knicks took the lead into halftime.

You can say Wall won the one-on-one battle(very close) but Lin won the 5-on-5 battle(very close until the 4th Quarter).

Can't wait for Lin vs Wall II (I'm calling the Summer League meeting a sparring, not a fight ;) )

Krust Kingz

[COLOR="Navy"]Damn you ruined this thread...

and Lin's 2nd foul came on a blocking foul that had nothing to do with Wall. [/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by DMV2
    For anybody else who watched the game, it was actually a very good match up between the two. Wall's quickness and speed really made Lin work for his numbers.

Wall got Lin in foul in the 1st Q and had Lin on bench with 4 minutes left. Wall must have had a 10 to 12 points on Lin too, including a couple of "and 1's."

Lin was still able to his thing. Got teammates involved early. Made a couple of lay-ups when he saw an opportunity and burned Wall badly on that slamdunk play. By the way, when Lin was on the bench in late 1st Quarter and early 2nd, the Knicks couldn't even do anything. Novak's 3's weren't even falling. When Lin came back in, Novak started hitting his 3's and the Knicks took the lead into halftime.

You can say Wall won the one-on-one battle(very close) but Lin won the 5-on-5 battle(very close until the 4th Quarter).

Can't wait for Lin vs Wall II (I'm calling the Summer League meeting a sparring, not a fight ;) )

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rameek
    [COLOR="Navy"]Damn you ruined this thread...

and Lin's 2nd foul came on a blocking foul that had nothing to do with Wall. [/COLOR]
    Wasn't that blocking foul from the midpoint line collision with Wall?

And the other was an "and 1" shooting foul on Wall.

EDITED: Yes, both Lin's 1st Q fouls were on Wall
    6:54 9-10 John Wall makes 9-foot running jumper
    6:54 Jeremy Lin shooting foul (John Wall draws the foul) 9-10
    6:54 9-11 John Wall makes free throw 1 of 1

4:05 Jeremy Lin personal foul (John Wall draws the foul) 11-15
    4:05 Mike Bibby enters the game for Jeremy Lin 11-15
    Last edited by DMV2; 02-09-2012 at 08:52 AM.

Local High School Star

Agreed.

Krust Kingz

Wasn't that blocking foul from the midpoint line collision with Wall?

And the other was an "and 1" shooting foul on Wall.

EDITED: Yes, both Lin's 1st Q fouls were on Wall
    [COLOR="Navy"]I thought it was blocking foul on booker or someone. Maybe I am thinking of the charge he took later. Good catch. Me Bad...

I am still LINNING though! [/COLOR]

This.
    No matter how talented John Wall is, he was not getting his team involved. Whenever Wall penetrated, he was looking to score. Whenever Lin penetrated, he was looking to pass. When you get your teammates involved on offense, they will play harder both ends.

Good post! I guess not all Ish members are children.

john wall is garbage.

NBA rookie of the year 04mzwach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 04mzwach
    mike jackson is the best ever.

(rep me)
    This was a joke, douches.

Best of Both Worlds Dwyane Rose's Avatar

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by gyu
    This looks shopped. Wall never dunked on Lin.

Where my announcement! Zackmorris's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gyu

Hmmm, don't remember that one.