Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Are Clyde Drexler and Dominique Wilkins interchangable? (player ranking)

Nique:
    15 seasons
    25/7/3 ~46% shooting (rounded)
    9x NBA all star
    1x Scoring Champ

Glyde:
    15 seasons
    20/6/6/2 ~47% shooting
    10x NBA allstar
    1 Championship (played a significant role)

I prefer Drexler's jumper (mostly his mechanics) and playmaking ability, but Nique was a better slasher, volume scorer, and had more memorable highlights, imo.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Default Re: Are Clyde Drexler and Dominique Wilkins interchangable? (player ranking)

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy

Glyde:

1 Championship (played a significant role too)
    Not only did he get a championship, he had significantly greater playoff success as the go to guy.

Default Re: Are Clyde Drexler and Dominique Wilkins interchangable? (player ranking)

Nique:
    15 seasons
    9x NBA all star
    1x Scoring Champ

Glyde:
    15 seasons
    20/6/6/2 ~47% shooting
    10x NBA allstar

I prefer Drexler's jumper (mostly his mechanics) and playmaking ability, but Nique was a better slasher, volume scorer, and had more memorable highlights, imo.
    Lol at Drexler having a significant role. He was the 3rd best player in that whole Finals series behind Shaq and Hakeem. I think he avg like 21/9/7. Drexler went to the Finals three times (90, 92, 95), and the Conf Finals another two times (91, 97)

And lol at Nique having more memorable highlights, all his highlights come from the Dunk contest.

No knock on Nique, but he's below Drexler. This is like comparing Carmelo and Dwyane Wade.

Clyde's scoring is also not bad. His high was 28 ppg, and Nique's high 31.

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    Lol at Drexler having a significant role. He was the 3rd best player in that whole Finals series behind Shaq and Hakeem. I think he avg like 21/9/7. Drexler went to the Finals three times (90, 92, 95), and the Conf Finals another two times (91, 97)
    Huh? Averaging 21/9/7 while playing elite defense isn't a significant role?

And lol at Nique having more memorable highlights, all his highlights come from the Dunk contest.
    So you never watched Nique. That's fine, just keep your ignorance outta this thread though.

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Nique:
    15 seasons
    9x NBA all star
    1x Scoring Champ

Glyde:
    15 seasons
    20/6/6/2 ~47% shooting
    10x NBA allstar

I like Clyde better but I'd never say that his mechanics were great on his J. As far as highlights are concerned, for any fans who actually got to see them both play, they are even as far as I'm concerned. Drexler was just an absolute beast and pretty much dunked in on everyone and dunked it from way further out (he was a one footed dunker not a two footed one like Nique). Drexler pretty much tomahawked everyone who was in the league when he played. I'm not taking anything away from Nique because we all know what Nique did, it's just that Drexler was underrated playing up there in Portland. Also Drxler was a far superior passer and really got his teammates involved. He was also a nightmare in the playoffs. I love and I mean love Nique but I'll go with Drexler and he's criminally underrated on this board.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Lol at Drexler having a significant role. He was the 3rd best player in that whole Finals series behind Shaq and Hakeem. I think he avg like 21/9/7.
    Well that settles it, Kobe didn't have a significant role in the 2000-2002 championship teams.

There's some in game highlights on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyUf-9ruJi8

Calm down folks, I was lol'ing at the OP even mentioning Clyde Drexler having a significant role in that Finals, as if we did not know that? I was making the point by putting his stats there to show he did have a significant role.

Quote Originally Posted by Marchesk
    There's some in game highlights on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyUf-9ruJi8
    I know he had in-game dunks, but all his memorable highlights come from his dunk contest, especially in 88 when he should have won.

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatethunder
    I like Clyde better but I'd never say that his mechanics were great on his J.
    Agreed. But when comparing his shooting form to Wilkins, it just looks flat out better. To each his own though.

Also Drxler was a far superior passer and really got his teammates involved. He was also a nightmare in the playoffs. I love and I mean love Nique but I'll go with Drexler and he's criminally underrated on this board.
    Definitely. His passing and defense make up for the scoring gap.

Regarding his "highlights" - maybe you're right, I just don't think all of Nique's stem from the dunk contest like that other idiot claimed. Glyde legit had thousands of coast to coast dunks and fingerolls. Watching him and Nique just seemed like two athletes who were dropped into a gym with no warm up or anything, and yet they still dominated.

Calm down folks, I was lol'ing at the OP even mentioning Clyde Drexler having a significant role in that Finals, as if we did not know that? I was making the point by putting his stats there to show he did have a significant role.
    You would be surprised. I've seen countless stat nerds argue Hakeem won both those chips on his lonesome.

Very different players. 'Nique was a bit more "iconic".

You would be surprised. I've seen countless stat nerds argue Hakeem won both those chips on his lonesome.
    That is surprising, stat nerds should love Clyde's stats for the Finals.

21.5 ppg, 9.5 rpg, 6.8 apg.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnySic
    Very different players. 'Nique was a bit more "iconic".
    How so?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Dominique was a high scoring small forward. Drexler was one of the greats. Not comparable.