Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Basketball Genius

Default Re: Calling Steph Curry an early MVP candidate is a joke...

a lite skin player should never be the mvp

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBe
    a lite skin player should never be the mvp
    Fken Nash stole 2 Mvps from KOBE

Quote Originally Posted by imnew09
    Fken Nash stole 2 Mvps from KOBE
    Dude just proved he's not a real Kobe fan

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents
    Dude just proved he's not a real Kobe fan
    You know exactly what he means by light skin and he was joking anyway

Very good NBA starter

I guess we should give the award to someone in the Little League conference instead

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    OP is a shithead. Arguably the greatest shooter in NBA history, and the league's best PG is "replaceable"?

OP is one of those basketball hipsters who are overly obsessed with 10/10 big men. Yes, every title team needs a guy like Bogut, but is he the best player on the team? Absolutely not. He would tell you that himself, as would Steve Kerr. Yes, he's a vital piece, but you're taking it way too far. You sound just as silly as those people who think Tyson Chandler was the MVP of the 2011 Mavs.

Seriously, this is just ludicrous.
    Nice example too. Going by his logic, Jordan (who had regressed defensively) wasn't actually the "real" MVP because Rodman led the team in drating and rebounding by far.

I don't think Curry is the MVP but he's definitely playing at the level Rose was in 2011, maybe even better.

You know you're doing it right when haters are going hard all day.

Steph is one of the FEW players in the league who's eye test is unquestionably more impressive than his stats.

And his stats 23/5/8/2stl with 3 treys a game on 49/41/92 in 32min... that's in the running for MVP.

Suck it haters

MVP's usually come from stacked teams... as winning is typically a prerequisite.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    Nice example too. Going by his logic, Jordan (who had regressed defensively) wasn't actually the "real" MVP because Rodman led the team in drating and rebounding by far.

I don't think Curry is the MVP but he's definitely playing at the level Rose was in 2011, maybe even better.
    You got me good, bro. That was exactly my thought process. It wasn't like I've been watching Bogut his entire career and just made it easier for all you piss-ants by using statistics. Oh wait...

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    OP is a shithead. Arguably the greatest shooter in NBA history, and the league's best PG is "replaceable"?

OP is one of those basketball hipsters who are overly obsessed with 10/10 big men. Yes, every title team needs a guy like Bogut, but is he the best player on the team? Absolutely not. He would tell you that himself, as would Steve Kerr. Yes, he's a vital piece, but you're taking it way too far. You sound just as silly as those people who think Tyson Chandler was the MVP of the 2011 Mavs.

Seriously, this is just ludicrous.
    He's been the arguably the best defensive player in the league to date. Not something I can ignore.

Not sure if I can put him on Curry's level though. Only one PG is definitely better IMO, and Steph is an unparalleled shooting talent.

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii
    He's been the arguably the best defensive player in the league to date. Not something I can ignore.
    Bogut is vital to the Warriors success. Nobody is denying that...but he's obviously not more important than Curry.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    You got me good, bro. That was exactly my thought process. It wasn't like I've been watching Bogut his entire career and just made it easier for all you piss-ants by using statistics. Oh wait...
    So basically you want to use stats when they suit you. In the meantime, Curry is still the Warriors' best player and a legit MVP candidate, given the voters are consistent with their criteria.

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    You know you're doing it right when haters pop up everywhere.

Steph is one of the FEW players in the league who's eye test is unquestionably more impressive than his stats.

And his stats 23/5/8/2stl with 3 treys a game on 49/41/92 in 32min... that's in the running for MVP.

Suck it haters
    I had this long ass post I was gonna make, but whatever. Though I guess OP is saying the team is talented and stacked which is good in my eyes.

Even if you think steph is overrated, basically no one thought he'd be this good.

18-2. This team has been shit for decades besides a couple of years and now they're looking great. Get healthy soon Bogut, we need you big fella.
    Last edited by Warfan; 12-09-2014 at 03:34 AM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    So basically you want to use stats when they suit you. In the meantime, Curry is still the Warriors' best player and a legit MVP candidate, given the voters are consistent with their criteria.
    And they are entitled to their opinions...just like I am. I dunno why you are getting on my case considering the absolute sewer waste people call threads that come through daily. At the very least this thread can spark an semi-intelligent discussion...
    Last edited by Smoke117; 12-09-2014 at 03:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii

Not sure if I can put him on Curry's level though. Only one PG is definitely better IMO, and Steph is an unparalleled shooting talent.
    Paul isn't "definitely" better