Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Default Re: is lebron the greatest forward of all time? - bill and jalen talk

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
    So lets see..Bird has 3 championships without teaming up. Lebron never won one without teaming up. Bird went on a lottery team and made his team have the biggest turn around in NBA history, then wins a TITLE a year later in his second year. All without teaming up in his prime with a superstar and Bran is supposed to be better?

Look guys, now "teaming up" is Deuce's latest measuring stick

Non-teamed up rings:

Bird: 3
    Bran: 0

/Boiled down

It comes down to Bron, Bird, and Duncan. All three have a great case. And u actually when u look at it, I think I would take Duncan as of now as the greatest forward ever. But if Bron can cap a three peat, that might be enough to shoot him up the chart as the greatest forward ever. His individual dominance is easily on Bird's and Duncan's level. Bron has basically played as many healthy years in the L as Bird AND has scored more career points than Bird. But Bird's mystique and the way he reshaped basketball in so many ways keeps him as still to this day arguably the GOAT forward.

bird's team was more stacked - true, but that team did not come together in the bitch-made way that lebron and the heat did... and that counts for a lot when u measure a player for any goat status.
    Last edited by diamenz; 04-18-2014 at 02:06 PM.