Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I usually hit open layups

Default Re: Drew Brees picks Eric Gordon up from airport and welcomes him to New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by Derka
    Good move by the sports PR people in New Orleans to get that organized. Brees is a class act, you've gotta try real hard to not like the guy.
    this

TheBluest
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default Re: Drew Brees picks Eric Gordon up from airport and welcomes him to New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    He's restricted tard. He will have his offers matched.
    If he gets Rudy Gay Maxesque money does the NBA match?

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheBluest
    If he gets Rudy Gay Maxesque money does the NBA match?
    Yes... when Eric Gordon puts up 27 ppg, 4 rpg, 5 apg on great shooting as the star on New Orleans why the hell wouldn't they pay him 5 years/80 mill to stay? They would be stupid to not keep him as a cornerstone.

Drew Brees is a class act.

Yes... when Eric Gordon puts up 27 ppg, 4 rpg, 5 apg on great shooting as the star on New Orleans why the hell wouldn't they pay him 5 years/80 mill to stay? They would be stupid to not keep him as a cornerstone.

B-Eazy Mike Beasley MichaelCheazley's Avatar

Well to the clipper fans who thought EJ was terrible underrated and has potential to be great. This is his chance. Can he be a first option and a cornerstone of a franchise? Can he put up numbers like that given the oppurtunity? Will he continue to make improvements in his game and bring in wins? I for one would like to know. So

NBA lottery pick

WHAT?! lol i guess eric gordon is a young kobe now

Quote Originally Posted by christian1923
    WHAT?! lol i guess eric gordon is a young kobe now
    Maybe even 3 rpg. He's a poor rebounder. Over 25 ppg and 5 apg is a lock though.

Local High School Star DirtySanchez's Avatar

Wow. I just saw a few twitter feeds saying Brees picked him up from airport to take him out and make him feel welcome. How fu**ing classy is that!? Props to Brees. I honestly think EJ is going to thrive and like NO much better than he did LA. He likes the smaller, more down to earth feel.
    That's damn cool....Brees is my fav QB in the NFL right now.

NBA lottery pick

Maybe even 3 rpg. He's a poor rebounder. Over 25 ppg and 5 apg is a lock though.
    You think he can carry a team or just put up empty stats?.. i havent seen much of him since college

TheBluest
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Those are lofty numbers and I'm not saying Gordon doesn't have the ability to get those soon but not sure if next year he does this. If Clippers gave him a $65-70mil extension this year there would have been plenty fans who'd reason that's a bit excessive.

The trade made this a forgone conclusion they'll have to, even if he puts up 19/3/3. This is the point I'm making.

Banned

Much love and respect for Mr. Brees.

Honestly, I've always had this idea that most NFL players are stuck-up brats who looks down on other pro's especially NBA players but this is only based on the comments I get from ESPN commentators/analysts(most are former NFL players). A lot them seem to think that their league is the only thing that matters in sports.

But Drew Brees is an exception to that. Hopefully, he has better plans after his playing career than to be an analyst.

Quote Originally Posted by christian1923
    You think he can carry a team or just put up empty stats?.. i havent seen much of him since college
    He was putting up 24.7 ppg, 3 rpg, 5 apg on efficient numbers just before his nasty wrist injury. Look at his Nov/Dec/Jan averages from last year on ESPN. I don't think he has what it takes to be a SUPERSTAR first option player but don't sleep on him. I can see him being that Brandon Roy type impact player. Not quite elite enough to lead to championship but great wing player. Never the level of prime Kobe/Wade etc.... but definitely very good.

B-Eazy Mike Beasley MichaelCheazley's Avatar

He was putting up 24.7 ppg, 3 rpg, 5 apg on efficient numbers just before his nasty wrist injury. Look at his Nov/Dec/Jan averages from last year on ESPN. I don't think he has what it takes to be a SUPERSTAR first option player but don't sleep on him. I can see him being that Brandon Roy type impact player. Not quite elite enough to lead to championship but great wing player. Never the level of prime Kobe/Wade etc.... but definitely very good.
    I guess he can put up monta ellis numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelCheazley
    I guess he can put up monta ellis numbers.
    Eric is way better than Ellis man! You'll see this year.