Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Default Re: ISH All-time Top 25 Forwards Project #20: Paul Pierce vs Dolph Schayes.

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    I voted for Dolph and gave some good reasonings, but some moron decided to say something so idiotic about one part of criteria and then previously stated "who the f.uck is Dolph Schayes"....
    Ya, I know. It's not like that's a new thing in these lists though (which I'm sure you've seen since you usually vote). I just don't understand why votes like that should count.

Default Re: ISH All-time Top 25 Forwards Project #20: Paul Pierce vs Dolph Schayes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dbrog
    Ya, I know. It's not like that's a new thing in these lists though (which I'm sure you've seen since you usually vote). I just don't understand why votes like that should count.
    Well this is the first time my vote will count, but I have seen the battles before, but nothing compared to what that moron said because it was obvious he was being stupid.

It's the simply matter that today's player are better than those of 50 years ago and were just going to have to "deal with it" and not even going to look at their legacies as a whole.... Brilliant logic.

Banned

Shayes because they brought Syracuse an NBA championship.

New York >>>>>>> Boston

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Elliot Kalb, in his book "Who's better, who's best?", ranks Schayes as the 23rd best player of all-time.

He ranks him ahead of Pippen, Isiah, Stockton, Havlicek, Frazier, Willis Reed and other superstars.

Just saying.
    I have that book. I enjoy it mostly for little stories and quotes from old players. Im not sure he really knows anything about basketball though. Hes a stats guy who also did books on baseball and golf. I care more for the opinions of guysl ike Charlie Rosen who...while often coming off half crazy...I can at least say I know he knows basketball better than most.

Paul Pierce was an annoying chucker that couldn't carry Vince Carter's jock strap to the gym until he teamed up with Garnett and Allen and won respect.
    Not exactly, but a ring somehow made him a top 20 small forward ever.

Dolph Schayes mofos.

Next.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    I have that book. I enjoy it mostly for little stories and quotes from old players. Im not sure he really knows anything about basketball though. Hes a stats guy who also did books on baseball and golf. I care more for the opinions of guysl ike Charlie Rosen who...while often coming off half crazy...I can at least say I know he knows basketball better than most.
    Isn't that the book where Shaq is ranked #1?
    Anyway, I want to vote schayes, but I really shouldn't vote at all because I've never seen a full game of him. However, I will say that it's pretty obvious that he was a better player compared to the competition he played against.

Yep. Shaq #1.

And I guess I should count this now.......

Unless we count this:

Paul Pierce was an annoying chucker that couldn't carry Vince Carter's jock strap to the gym until he teamed up with Garnett and Allen and won respect.
    Not exactly, but a ring somehow made him a top 20 small forward ever.

Dolph Schayes mofos.
    or this:

Shayes because they brought Syracuse an NBA championship.
    Or even this:

History, accolades, comparisons to peers... yep, Schayes has it.

its tied. But ive been throwing out such things for Pierce.

I suppose I could cast the deciding vote....

Good High School Starter nycelt84's Avatar

I vote for Paul Pierce

What's wrong with this?

History, accolades, comparisons to peers... yep, Schayes has it.

My deciding vote would have been for Dolph anyway. Not because I actually believe he was better than Pierce...but unlike Cousy at least I can say he did something without a better player on his team. He did shoot 36% in the playoffs they won a title though. He did get up to 28/13/5 on 40% a few years later when they ran into the Celtics....but whatever. He probably justifies a highr all time ranking. But there is only one player left id vote for him over.

Prepare to be pissed off about the next matchup everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by G-train

Pierce averaged 20 FGA only once. He averaged 25.3 PPG/18.5 FGA, 26.1 PPG/19.5 FGA, 23.0 PPG/18.7 FGA, 26.8 PPG/18.5 FGA, and 25.0 PPG/18.1 FGA just for the hell of it.

His teammate Antoine "Because there are no 4's" Walker shot sub 40% twice while playing with Pierce, had seasons of 7.4, 8, and 7.5 threes attempted per game, and led the league in threes attempted three consecutive seasons.