Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: ESPN: Mavs and Wizards closing in on deal - Josh Howard/Fillers for Caron and Haywood

mavs win

NBA lottery pick

Default Re: ESPN: Mavs and Wizards closing in on deal - Josh Howard/Fillers for Caron and Haywood

This could make the Mavs a legit contender to the Lakers and Nuggets.

Kidd
    Butler
    Marion
    Dirk
    Haywood

Terry
    Gooden
    Barea

Damp
    Beaubois
    Najera

That'd be a sick 8-man rotation.

Good High School Starter WuTangWizard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
    This could make the Mavs a legit contender to the Lakers and Nuggets.

Kidd
    Butler
    Marion
    Dirk
    Haywood

Terry
    Gooden
    Barea

Damp
    Beaubois
    Najera

That'd be a sick 8-man rotation.
    Gooden is in the trade if Haywood is

Thunder it DOWN, Dion! PleezeBelieve's Avatar

Default Re: Expected trade! Josh Howard to Wizards, Caron Butler to Mavericks

Daaaaaaaaaammnnnn, dope-ass deal for the Mavs.

Wow!!!

Haywood hasn't been better than Gooden this season..

And I'm not sure Butler is that much of an upgrade.

Butler is more of a turnoverprone and is used to play 35mpg and someone will have to see reduced play time = possible chemestry issues

Kids at the park dunk on me

Mavs rape tihs deal.

NBA lottery pick

[QUOTE=kurple]Haywood hasn't been better than Gooden this season..

Haywood has been pretty darn good this year. especialy on the defensive end.

Haywood is just a rental. He is playing for his contract, not to win. Butler is just as injure prone as Howard. Losing Gooden is not good for us, but if Haywood shows up like he has done, that might be good.

I dont see this making us a contender

Welcome to the New Age Raj Da Dodge's Avatar

My status about it on facebook: MAN I SERIOUSLY HATE HATE DALLAS...MORE AND MORE REASONS POP UP FOR ME TO HATE THE MAVS...CAN'T BELIEVE THEY'RE GONNA GET BUTLER...EVERYTIME WE TRY TO GET A PLAYER, THEY STEAL THEM FROM US...SO GAY...!!!

I mean I hated them w/a passion already and now the hate just grows...I really don't know what more to say...

16 Time NBA Champions! LALakerFan4Life's Avatar

Default Wizards-Mavericks Deal Complete

[quote]Wizards-Mavericks Deal Complete

Josh Howard's tenure with the Mavericks, which began with quality production but eroded into inconsistency and controversy, is coming to an end.

The Mavericks have reached a tentative agreement to send Howard, Drew Gooden and two other players to Washington for swingman Caron Butler, center Brendan Haywood and guard DeShawn Stevenson, numerous NBA sources said Friday.

Though the deal still needs league approval, both sides have agreed on the moving parts in a trade that will cost the Mavericks more money but also brings them more talent, at least in the short run.

Butler is under contract through next season, at a cost of more than $10.5 million. He figures to slide into the role that Howard was playing, although he also could end up starting if Jason Terry is moved back to the sixth-man role.

Haywood, who is averaging 9.8 points and 10.3 rebounds, is in the final season of his contract, which pays him $6 million. The Mavericks will face the decision of re-signing him in the summer.

Stevenson has been a bit player for the Wizards and is under contract through 2010-11 at $4.1 million.

The Maverick will be sending James Singleton and Quinton Ross along with Gooden and Howard, who has had a wild 6

Local High School Star TryToBeUnbias's Avatar

Damn. Good move for the Mavs. It will be interesting to see how Caron plays with Kidd.

This makes Dallas pretty explosive offensively, but I think Caron's defense will be an X factor in this trade. If he plays good defense, alongside decent defense from Kidd (assuming he still plays that well) and the athleticism and long arms of Marion, you have very good perimeter defense along with explosive scoring to compliment the best pf in the league.

The Brendan Hawyood addition is also not a bad one at all either...

I usually hit open layups

Any Wiz fans help me out here? How's Caron Butler doing this season? Looking purely at his stats, seems bit inconsistent (mainly the whole Arenas fiasco having effect?). How about Haywood?

Losing Gooden is not good for us, but if Haywood shows up like he has done, that might be good.
    Losing Gooden and gaining Haywood (based on his last season where I've seen him a bit) is only good for us. Gooden is defensive liability to go with inconsistent offense. I'm definitely happy with this deal.
    Last edited by JoshCoward; 02-13-2010 at 02:48 AM.

Super Handsome East River Livn''s Avatar

Howard must be happy that he's moving close to his boy Obama.

lilmagicjohnson
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Deshawn is subtraction by addition.