Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Decent playground baller

Default Carmelo Anthony is better than Kevin Durant

Deal with it.

Default Re: Carmelo Anthony is better than Kevin Durant

you're a bona fide scrub. deal with it.

Decent college freshman

Carmelo Anthony is going to show up next year and show all the haters what's up.

Quote Originally Posted by knickswin
    Carmelo Anthony is going to show up next year and show all the haters what's up.
    What haters?

He should be averaging over 28 ppg with the fast paced Knicks.

yes

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    What haters?
    Well he doesn't get that much hate exactly, but I think he's underrated by the sports media and some fans. Sports Illustrated had him as the 20th best player in the league on their little ranking thing which is an abomination IMO.

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

great thread would read again

Banned

I'd go so far to say he is significantly better than durant.

No "superstar" inspires less fear in me than Durant. I still don't even know what makes people rate him so highly. He's just a taller and unclutch Reggie Miller in my view.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by brisbaneman
    I'd go so far to say he is significantly better than durant.

No "superstar" inspires less fear in me than Durant. I still don't even know what makes people rate him so highly. He's just a taller and unclutch Reggie Miller in my view.
    yeah, Durant in his role on the Thunder the last couple years might have been as effective or even more effective than Carmelo, but I think Carmelo's the better player. Skill set wise it's not even close, really. I have a really hard time of thinking up things Durant does better than Carmelo other than shooting over people.

yeah, Durant in his role on the Thunder the last couple years might have been as effective or even more effective than Carmelo, but I think Carmelo's the better player. Skill set wise it's not even close, really. I have a really hard time of thinking up things Durant does better than Carmelo other than shooting over people.
    but if thats all he needs to do, what does it matter?

Banned

Durant doesn't even shoot over people--when I watch him all I see is a guy shooting 3s and getting transition buckets and needing multiple screens to get a shot off. He can't put the ball on the floor, can't do one on one, can't hold position in the post--this was all illustrated in the WCF. Replace him with Carmelo and I am not sure Dallas gets past OKC.

I honestly don't get the Durant hype. It is it because he doesn't have visible tattoos and plays up the humble schtick?

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    but if thats all he needs to do, what does it matter?
    who says it's all he needs to do though? How many rings does Durant got again? Durant is a much purer scorer than Carmelo; not only can he not make plays for others, he can't even make plays for himself. OKC is one of those teams that are very frustrating for me to watch because the overall play making is so abysmal. They do not generate good shots. Their offense seems to consist of Durant running around screens or Durant and Westbrook begging for free throws. I do think they benefit from favorable calls by the refs.

It's not like I think Carmelo's "there" yet though, I just think he has an incredible skill set and if he plays the way he should he will be as good a player as there is in this league. I do not think Carmelo will ever win a championship playing like he has; he really, really needs to add superior play making to his repertoire to reach his full potential. I think he can and will, though. If D'Antoni is the coach I think (hope) he is, then he will run the offense through Carmelo next year and encourage him to be a play maker.
    Last edited by knickswin; 10-06-2011 at 09:31 PM.

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Da Heroic One
    Deal with it.
    yo rg wats good bro u done riding yaos c0ck?

who says it's all he needs to do though? How many rings does Durant got again? Durant is a much purer scorer than Carmelo; not only can he not make plays for others, he can't even make plays for himself. OKC is one of those teams that are very frustrating for me to watch because the overall play making is so abysmal. They do not generate good shots. Their offense seems to consist of Durant running around screens or Durant and Westbrook begging for free throws. I do think they benefit from favorable calls by the refs.
    well, i agree, durant definitely isnt a finished product, but just from a scoring perspective, if alll he needs to do is shoot over people, why become preoccupied with anything more elaborate, and less effective? ive always found it strange when somebody criticises a player for being one-dimensional, but if thats all a player needs to be a great scorer, then i dont think that player's game's lack of diversity is a problem.