Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    College superstar

Default Re: Jeremy Lin Says He Spurned Millions of Dollars in Linsanity Era

I'm one of the bigger Lin-as-a-player fans on this board that I've seen, without being an absolute homer...

That said, I think this season will be his peak statistical year, and he'll average something like 19/7 on average percentages. Something like 44/37/78.

This is why sports skills > educational skills in terms of pure money making.

Quote Originally Posted by jzek
    this has to be the most false statement in the history of ish. who do you think actually makes the money for the nba? athletes? or the educated white folks that run the nba

even besides that the economy as a whole is based on educated skills not athleticism.

Quote Originally Posted by jzek
    you are one dumb mofo if you think this

How about all the NBA dreamers working at arbys? Or making 40k a year in the Dleague even. The top 500 professionals in any field are making a ton of money. NBA players are just the top 500 basketball players (minus those euros that are good enough but stick in europe).

Plus you can only do basketball for a MAX 20 years. Imagine how much money the top 500 lawyers are making over the 20-30 years they practice?
    Last edited by ralph_i_el; 10-01-2014 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    You're right, he should definitely not take advantage of the fact he's the only Asian-American player in the NBA and his marketability resulting from it

As if anyone else wouldn't do the same in his position.

I think he could put up 18/8 or 19/7 type numbers at his peak personally. Fringe all star who will be voted in over more deserving players due to his popularity. I'm realistic about it.
    Maybe your reading comprehension is just shitty or something but Lin is taking bows here for not taking opportunities. He's taken practically ever opportunity e could.

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ralph_i_el
    you are one dumb mofo if you think this

How about all the NBA dreamers working at arbys? Or making 40k a year in the Dleague even. The top 500 professionals in any field are making a ton of money. NBA players are just the top 500 basketball players (minus those euros that are good enough but stick in europe).

Plus you can only do basketball for a MAX 20 years. Imagine how much money the top 500 lawyers are making over the 20-30 years they practice?
    true but once jeremy lin retires he can basically get any job he wants because of his name

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Maybe your reading comprehension is just shitty or something but Lin is taking bows here for not taking opportunities. He's taken practically ever opportunity e could.

Lin in January signed an endorsement contract with Adidas AG after his previous agreement with Nike Inc. ended, yet has largely avoided most of the sponsorship he’s been offered.
    Or from 2012:

Lin points out that he's spending the summer at his parent's house, famously lived a chunk of last season on his brother's couch, and has turned down the opportunity to earn "triple digit" endorsements. No, that doesn't mean $100-plus in endorsements. That means $100 million-plus. Of all the firms eager to align his face with their brands, he has said yes to only three: Volvo, Steiner Sports and Nike. He may well lead the league in declined endorsements -- hardly the approach of a man who values money above all else.
    There's plenty of instances where he didn't sign endorsement deals, meaning he HASN'T taken every opportunity he could, are you this dumb to not realize that

Sit your ass down niko and don't be talking about other people's comprehension skills when you so blatantly lack them.
    Last edited by oarabbus; 10-01-2014 at 03:54 PM.

Jeremy Lin beat you Kidbasketball20's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
    Unless it was some really crazy shit, why wouldn't you take what's offered? You never know when opportunities are going to come up.

Oh well... I guess he'll just have to make do with the millions and millions of dollars he'll make playing basketball.

Tough life starting for the Lakers at point guard making 15 mil.

He turned down triple digit contracts? God damn, what manufacturers were these that made him turn them down? Did they make atomic bombs or something?

Quote Originally Posted by brantonli
    He turned down triple digit contracts? God damn, what manufacturers were these that made him turn them down? Did they make atomic bombs or something?

It's not very clear from the quote, but I interpreted it to mean that adding up all of the contract offers he refused, would have added up to triple digits. Not that a single contract of triple-digit magnitude was offered.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamtaro CP3KDKG
    The best 5 weeks ur team had at the time in over a decade
    Coming from an Orlando fan. Boy, you must REALLY be bored with life.

Quote Originally Posted by smoovegittar
    Coming from an Orlando fan. Boy, you must REALLY be bored with life.
    He's a Thunder fan you ghetto ass Knicks trash hoe.

High School Varsity 6th Man BigMacAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rezznor
    not a smart financial move. he most likely will never achieve that much popularity outside of asia again.

Asia is a huuuuge market dude.

Book smart Harvard, but street smart Harvard