Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Be honest, did you think the Spurs could win last year?

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    The team won 60 games. They were playing elite basketball all year...and people were still counting them out when they were dominating, with the same old "regular season warriors" garbage and saying they'll eventually break down in the playoffs.

And I wasn't here till January. You actually don't know jack about my predictions before the season.
    lol, no they weren't. they actually didn't start playing great basketball until late january-early february, then they won like what 19 in a row or something. They didn't have a great first half of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by lilteapot
    lol, no they weren't. they actually didn't start playing great basketball until late january-early february, then they won like what 19 in a row or something. They didn't have a great first half of the season.
    This is true. They had a really bad record against the elite teams for most of the season, but they got it together at the right time.

What are you talking about ? They started the season 13-1, 11 game win streak. They ended 2013 going 25-7. By the half way point, they were 32-9.

Didn't have a great first half ? What exactly is a great first half then ? The West was brutally strong last season too.

Quote Originally Posted by JT123
    This is true. They had a really bad record against the elite teams for most of the season, but they got it together at the right time.
    This is a fine point. Houston had their number, IIRC.

Yes, they actually did. Maybe not as great as the end of their season, but they were clear-cut contenders from the start. Again, you counting them out doesn't mean everyone did.

Of course I did. I think 2013 really really hurt them so after that they obviously felt like proving many doubters wrong and that was to show that they could still win a championship even though they were an old team. Spurs' 3 main guys, Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobili, and Tony Parker were all out of their primes. Not many people gave them a chance after 2013, but they proved those guys wrong and ended up having their best season ever as a franchise. They came out with vengeance. Good for them.

Very good NBA starter

Deep down I knew they would probably win. Still had hope the Heat could pull it off

National High School Star CJ Mustard's Avatar

Pretty sure most had them as one of the 2-3 teams with the best odds. Most people picked the Heat, Spurs, or Thunder.

I thought Heat were gonna 3peat

I had spurs winning the finals unless lebron averaged 35-10-10 on 60% shooting.

2010- yes
    2011 - yes
    2012- no because of what happened in the 2011 playoffs
    2013 - no but because I didn't think Kawhi Leonard was going to be this good and the Heat was tearing it up
    2014- I thought they had a chance. I questioned their chances when they struggled to take out the Mavs tho

It's easy to bet on a team on a stretch of dominant basketball to win the title.
    stop embarrassing yourself, you clown

I thought they had a chance. Not the favorite but certainly a contender.

I thought they had missed their chance in 13 Final. They had a terrible record against contenders. The season was injury-riddled but that turned out to be a blessing as it gave minutes to those who wouldn't normally get as many and when the injuries were over, they turned into this well-oiled machine until DAL. With DAL, I think the pressure got to them and of course, Carlisle strategy to take the role players out and force the big 3 to score worked well.

Different players shone in different series. Splitter did a magnificent job on Dirk and Aldridge. They all took turns stepping up when necessary. Leonard and Diaw were great in the Finals. What beautiful basketball those last 3 games were.

Nope, every year I think that this is the year that age will finally catch up to the Spur's stars and they just won't have enough talent in their other players to be competitive but so far every year I have been proven wrong.