Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Sixers are an embarrassment to the league

Okafor is -30 right now.

Dunking on everybody in the park Phantom_Blue's Avatar

First win will come against the Rockets, in the great "Battle of Analytics".

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Can't believe I'm defending the Sixers, but a lot of incorrect information being spouted.

They were a playoff team in 2012, so that year they would've smoked any EuroScrub team.

In each of the past 2 years, when the tanking has been occurring, neither time did they have the worst record in the league. 2 years ago it was Milwaukee and last year it was Minnesota.

With that said, Hinkie needs to make this team more competitive otherwise risk totally shattering both Okafor and Noel's confidence. To be honest I'm not sure they can coexist as teammates, since they both need to play near the basket.

And that's before Embiid ever comes back. They would have 3 centers, all pissed at the organization
    Last edited by Sarcastic; 11-18-2015 at 11:15 PM.

Decent college freshman

I'm tuning into more of their games than last season and it seems they can compete effectively for 20 minutes per game (sheer effort essentially) and then they completely go off the rails.

Noel and Okafor are such a bad fit on offense and teams know it now. Nerlens has the freedom to try to expand his range, but I don't think he'll ever effectively operate from 15 feet out. It doesn't matter now since they don't prioritize Ws, but he's shooting twice as many long 2s as last year at a terrible %.

Watching their games, the style quickly goes from scrappy, spunky to trainwreck. Brett Brown, the announcers, and players seem more dejected. Especially the goes who were there last season.

They have a culture of extreme commitment to player development, but these guys honestly need the expected talent infusion coming next summer. They need that LAL pick to convey and for Saric to follow-through on his commitment to play in the NBA next year. Embiid playing 16mpg would be a revelation, too.

Btw Saric will be a really good 3rd big man who can help push the pace and not kill their ball movement. He has a strong motor to spark some energy, too. Teams need quality depth and I think he brings that. He won't be a superstar or All-Star. More of the "super sub" type.