Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Decent college freshman

Default Re: Kevin Durant on the Warriors: The rest of the NBA's nightmare could happen

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Durant gonna have to learn to try on defense...
    Is he much worse than Barnes when he's engaged? I don't know honestly without referencing the #s.

Dude wouldn't have to work nearly as hard to get open shots on GSW, which may help him conserve energy. I know they'd have to shed Bogut, but if they manage to keep Speights & Iggy this team's bench can stay pretty strong. However keeping those 2 likely means getting rid of Barnes, which is a bad long term move.

However, a Curry-Klay-Iggy-Durant-Green lineup would absolutely crush teams, provided Durant tries on D.

Default Re: Kevin Durant on the Warriors: The rest of the NBA's nightmare could happen

Hoping Boston can make some big moves over the next season and off season periods and then draw in Durant.

If we can get near 50 wins with the current roster and have all the assets we have we should be a destination for a superstar hopefully.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SwishSquared
    Is he much worse than Barnes when he's engaged? I don't know honestly without referencing the #s.

Dude wouldn't have to work nearly as hard to get open shots on GSW, which may help him conserve energy. I know they'd have to shed Bogut, but if they manage to keep Speights & Iggy this team's bench can stay pretty strong. However keeping those 2 likely means getting rid of Barnes, which is a bad long term move.

However, a Curry-Klay-Iggy-Durant-Green lineup would absolutely crush teams, provided Durant tries on D.
    Dmavs is an idiot.

Durant is a great defender, much better than barnes when engaged. He'll get you 3 blocks a game. His length bothers guys.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorP
    2 more titles, tops. Maybe 2 Finals appearances more on top of those titles...
    If that teams makes the finals they'll win. They wont' be facing tougher teams in the east anytime soon.

I'd rather just re-sign Barnes and use the rest of the cap space to maintain our defensive depth. We score plenty with our current core, and really don't need another guy taking 20 shots a night.

Very good NBA starter

Bdreason rivaling Firedavidkahn in smugness

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    I'd rather just re-sign Barnes and use the rest of the cap space to maintain our defensive depth. We score plenty with our current core, and really don't need another guy taking 20 shots a night.
    This

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SwishSquared

When he's engaged? I'd say he's much better than Barnes. But over the last couple years...Durant has not been engaged on defense the way he was in 13, for example, and that wouldn't fly on a team like the Warriors. And I worry a bit about coming off these injuries and being willing to work his ass off on defense consistently.

Could he did it? Of course...that was my point...he'd have to actually consistently try on defense.
    Last edited by DMAVS41; 11-18-2015 at 10:25 AM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HenryGarfunkle
    Dmavs is an idiot.

Durant is a great defender, much better than barnes when engaged. He'll get you 3 blocks a game. His length bothers guys.
    Durant is absolutely not a great defender, but when he tries...he's very good.

Hence, if you could read or comprehend things....you'd notice that I didn't say Durant was not good on defense.

I said he'd have to try...which he would. He hasn't been working as hard on defense since 13 imo...and coming off these injuries...sometimes guys coast on defense.

That wouldn't work for the Warriors...who honestly rely on their defense almost as much as their offense to be the kind of dominant team they are.

he doesn't try on defense because he has to do all the offense

Local High School Star fragokota's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by keep-itreal
    he doesn't try on defense because he has to do all the offense

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    Durant going from 2nd option to 3rd option.
    that makes no sense

That's a lot of cap math but it'd be worth it just to see this place have a collective stroke

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    While there are a few different workable avenues, this may be the most likely roster/cap composition if Kevin Durant decided to join the Golden State Warriors:

Ideally KD would sign 2 year deal with a player option after one year to take advantage of the cap increasing even more in 2017. So maybe he would settle for 17 million then re-sign for a super max contract. This would allow the dubs to keep Livingston and Jason Thompson. The Warriors would also have the room mid-level exception worth about $2.9 million next season that could be used for one or more players on 1-2 year contracts.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Kevin Durant is the best player in the world.