Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: You hear stories of Jordan being an a**hole and a jerk.

Jordan has the "I am going to murder you after I murder your entire family and friends" mentality on the court. Someone like that probably isn't going to be all that pleasant to be around.

He was hyped from his rookie season on. If you're surrounded by groupies and hangers-on telling you what they think you want to hear 24/7, you're going to start treating people like shit because you're sick of it.

Jordan's an asshole and I would never want to meet the guy, but it's kind of dumb to assume that he doesn't have a lifetime of experiences that made him that way.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

If I were so rich and famous that it didn't matter how I treated people, bet your ass I'd be a dickhead to the peasants.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DuMa
    at least he aint no rapist
    who is a convicted rapist in the nba? how did he get allowed back in after serving jail time for being found officially guilty based on the evidence?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by WoGiTaLiA1
    And changed/influenced plenty of peoples lives doing it.
    In what remotely comparable way to Steve Jobs? Providing entertainment to the public?

Yeah, lots of people do that.

Good college starter

Jordan once punched Purdue and Kerr for laying a hard screen on him on practice. And he's known for being vindictive. He get a pass because he knows how to deal with media and he marketed himself real well.

Dunking on everybody in the park Tha Catalyst's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster
    Jordan once punched Purdue and Kerr for laying a hard screen on him on practice. And he's known for being vindictive. He get a pass because he knows how to deal with media and he marketed himself real well.
    Truth. He was business smart and knew how to act and market himself for his image. His image was part of his job and dictated his profits. How he acts to random joe (or that idiot Chamillionaire) is not relevant to him as he is a businessman, not a friend. Is Jordan actually good friends with anybody from his playing days? It seems Pippen's comments in the last few years indicate a jealousy/bitterness towards MJ.

Shutting down your thread with knowledge and intelligence DJ Leon Smith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    Jordan is one of the biggest ****ing pricks the NBA has ever seen. I find it hilarious how it's been swept under the rug too though because he's the "greatest player of all time".
    How has it been swept under the rug when entire (and best-selling) books have been written about it?

I think most people know Jordan was an asshole, but most mega-competitive/successful people are to some degree. I can't stand Kobe but I'll take his asshole ways over a "superstar" who doesn't have the fire to demand success from himself and his team, from front office to 12th man.

He might be a jerk, but hey, at least he's Michael Jordan. The majority of the douchebags on here are relentless jerks even though they've never accomplished a single thing in their lives.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Tha Catalyst
    Truth. He was business smart and knew how to act and market himself for his image. His image was part of his job and dictated his profits. How he acts to random joe (or that idiot Chamillionaire) is not relevant to him as he is a businessman, not a friend. Is Jordan actually good friends with anybody from his playing days? It seems Pippen's comments in the last few years indicate a jealousy/bitterness towards MJ.
    His speech in the HOF pretty much summarized what he's all about, conspicuously still bitter. It's just hard to fathom that a great player like that still was in spiteful and resentment toward others who slighted him even bringing a high school player that his coach passed over him to prove a point. Everyone knows he has nothing to prove. But because he is a media darling and a winner he got a passed. Some people actually praised hi for being original and candid but to me he came across as a sore winner. Maybe he is just wired like that.

And Pippen, he should be grateful to another prick Jerry Krause. He wanted
    Krause to draft Joe Wolf but Jerry Krause has his own mind and drafted Pippen.

Shutting down your thread with knowledge and intelligence DJ Leon Smith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster
    But because he is a media darling and a winner he got a passed.
    As I said to the other guy, how did he get "a passed" about being an asshole when entire books were written about how he was/is an asshole.

Plus the fact there seems to be a new "Jordan is an asshole" thread here every day, I'm not sure who's giving him a pass. Fans aren't, media aren't, so who is?

Agreed.

Not only Pippen but many of his opponents as well. Mark jackson and greg anthony are so quick to over praise Kobe as to spite MJ for the abuse they got from him (on the court from the trash talking).

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Leon Smith
    As I said to the other guy, how did he get "a passed" about being an asshole when entire books were written about how he was/is an asshole.

Plus the fact there seems to be a new "Jordan is an asshole" thread here every day, I'm not sure who's giving him a pass. Fans aren't, media aren't, so who is?
    His fan boys will tolerate that from him and will justify as competitiveness or "he's just being Mike."

Sam Smith who wrote the Jordan Rules in the early 90s definitely showed the readers MJ's true colors but somehow this book became an after thought.

Years later, an author (whose names escapes me) wrote the book Playing with Keeps and in it too showed some of MJ's less attractive moments but this author was obviously a fan boy and managed to downplay MJ's rude moments as a parent who should downplay a spoiled child.

As many as people are giving him a pass, there will an equal amount of people who won't

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 9512
    Agreed.

Not only Pippen but many of his opponents as well. Mark jackson and greg anthony are so quick to over praise Kobe as to spite MJ for the abuse they got from him (on the court from the trash talking).
    I'm sure those grown ass man still can't get over that

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
    Yup. He's a murderer instead
    Stop making up stuff.

3-time NBA All-Star

He's definitely good friends with Barkley and Oakley (funny cause those two hate each other) and it looks like he's good friends with Pippen. Who knows though.

But what I found funny is that although you hear these stories about him, you don't hear any of the thousands of teammates/coaches/opponents come out and say how horrible of a guy he was. You would think this would be the case for someone thats supposedly such a prick.