Page 13 of 46 FirstFirst ... 31011121314151623 ... LastLast

Default Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

New to the game, I'm a level seven mage/warrior guy... I didn't get the joke earlier about the guy falling from the sky and someone said must've been a giant or something... then I went and fought a giant.. now it makes sense. I also tried fighting a wooly mammoth... that was also dumb.

Besides all of that, very fun game.. and good bye life

Decent college freshman RapsFan's Avatar

Super early in the game for me. Level 4 Breton. Hit the first city, picked up an archer guy as a companion. I think that's the first guy I can bring with me?

Went to an area close by to get a Golden Claw for someone in town.

Should I head to way up north to the Mage 'circle'? I'll be walking right past the next place I need to go for the main quest.

In terms of combat, I just have a spell in each hand, or the same spell in each....I just blast everything with fire. Am I missing something? I'll congure up a zombie or wolf as well.

Finally, in terms of skills, I've put a point into destruction, restoration and conjuration just to halve the magic cost.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RapsFan
    Super early in the game for me. Level 4 Breton. Hit the first city, picked up an archer guy as a companion. I think that's the first guy I can bring with me?

Went to an area close by to get a Golden Claw for someone in town.

Should I head to way up north to the Mage 'circle'? I'll be walking right past the next place I need to go for the main quest.

In terms of combat, I just have a spell in each hand, or the same spell in each....I just blast everything with fire. Am I missing something? I'll congure up a zombie or wolf as well.

Finally, in terms of skills, I've put a point into destruction, restoration and conjuration just to halve the magic cost.
    If you're a Mage the absolute first things you need to do are A. Get companions and B. Go through the Mage College quest line which takes a good 5+ hours. You become Arch Mage, get most powerful robes in game and level up a sh** load during that time. Go get Meeko the dog... who's free. Then get Marcurio in the Riften inn. Read through this thread and read the posts. I typed up some good advice for new players.

Such as where to get companions and what spells to use. I even wrote things about carriages etc.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Thieves guild seems super lame in this game. I would say the same about the Dark Brotherhood but for me it was by far the best thing in Oblivion so I can't avoid doing the Dark Brotherhood stuff.

I think I might start cruising through it today.

Quote Originally Posted by Maniak
    Thieves guild seems super lame in this game. I would say the same about the Dark Brotherhood but for me it was by far the best thing in Oblivion so I can't avoid doing the Dark Brotherhood stuff.

I think I might start cruising through it today.
    I'm about 30 percent through Dark Brotherhood and already joined Thieves guild on my new rogue. I'm doing it all now because I want the strongest daggers in the game. I don't really like the demonic theme... but oh well. In Dark Brotherhood quest line you can literally make 15k+ gold! I'm gonna not only have best weapons and gear but have a sh** load of gold to buy house+training+horse.

New players go here. Find Meeko and pick a companion that works for you.

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Followers#Stenvor

Myself and a couple others are updating this every day. More and more companion options popping up including 2 or 3 new Mages I never met. Awesome! . Marcurio is most powerful of 2 mages I've tried and Svensen is most powerful tank of 3 tanks I tried... but on this list there are 10+ now.. obviously meaning I haven't even tried half.

I'm nearly done with Dark Brotherhood quest line and got a bad ass spell. Summon Spectral Assassin. Not super powerful but still sick! He talks to you and gives advice etc. He's only summon who gives you pointers on quests etc in game.
    Last edited by Clippersfan86; 11-16-2011 at 05:05 PM.

Decent college freshman RapsFan's Avatar

Lame question, can my companion be killed by enemies? Can I heal them and if so, how (do I just not have that spell yet)?

Quote Originally Posted by RapsFan
    Lame question, can my companion be killed by enemies? Can I heal them and if so, how (do I just not have that spell yet)?
    They don't die. They only pass out for the duration of the battle

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    They don't die. They only pass out for the duration of the battle
    Partially true. If you accidentally hit them.. or something really powerful hits them.. they DO die while they are kneeling/knocked out. BTW guys I'm LOVING my Rogue. I'm not only rich but I just got Shadowmere from Brotherhood which is an all black stallion with red eyes. SUPER SICK. Don't buy a horse if you want to be a Rogue. Just do the Brotherhood quest line. About to get best daggers in game too.

I'm loving the Dark Brotherhood period. I'm already level 13. I'll try a warrior soon as well. I don't like how with Rogue unless you ambush you're mostly worthless so far. Sneak attacks though do literally 30x damage and I 1 shot everything. I think as I gear and level and improve things my regular fighting will get much better.
    Last edited by Clippersfan86; 11-16-2011 at 04:49 PM.

Dont H8 the Laker H8er glidedrxlr22's Avatar

Clippersfan sounds like you know this game in-depth. How much time are you planning to put into it? Doing multiple playthroughs? I can't imagine how long it would take to do all main and side quests. I might have to invest in Skyrim during the gaming drought that is summer.

Quote Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22
    Clippersfan sounds like you know this game in-depth. How much time are you planning to put into it? Doing multiple playthroughs? I can't imagine how long it would take to do all main and side quests. I might have to invest in Skyrim during the gaming drought that is summer.
    I know the game in depth because I've played like 40 hours in 5 days haha. I'm just for now doing all the guilds/companions to try out and main quest line. Not doing side quests unless they are relevant or have a big reward I need yet.

damn it.... I am not totally happy with what I have done. I want to start over but it took me forever just to get to level 10. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna start over... I'm thinking two handed orc is the way I want to go.. the imperial dude is nice.. always finding gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Hero
    damn it.... I am not totally happy with what I have done. I want to start over but it took me forever just to get to level 10. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna start over... I'm thinking two handed orc is the way I want to go.. the imperial dude is nice.. always finding gold.
    How do you make companions find gold? Maybe it's limited... to certain ones?

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    How do you make companions find gold? Maybe it's limited... to certain ones?
    No, I am the imperial. That was the race I picked for my first character. half mage half one handed warrior..

I can never figure out which weapon I want to use.. usually a single handed mace or ax and a destruction spell. Then I got dual cast, and that was bad ass..