Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Has an NBA game/basketball game been played on grass?

Why is tennis not played on ice?

Very good NBA starter wally_world's Avatar

When i was in Xi An China for an exchange programme the school had a grass basketball court. It was surprisingly okay to play on, the grass is very short, kinda like Wimbledon. It cushions the bounce a bit but not too much that it will affect your game too much.

Decent college freshman InfiniteBaskets's Avatar

Why don't we just play basketball on sand?

Actually Wimbledon grass wouldn't be a bad idea from a pure "easier on the body" standpoint. But the cost of revamping the majority of the professional courts in the US would be a costly and probably unnecessary transition.

Quote Originally Posted by Theoo
    A GOODS THINKING THREAD!!!

wtf is people to this thread the say these things : what the shit , a no think threads. WHAT ARE THE PEOPLE THINK?? ok how many people the have a house inside with a basketball hoops inside houses WTF?! a many pepples yeah like a 3 people everyone play basketball out TO THE PARK!! OUTSIDE!! there grasssun and winds and rain.

i dont not understand either why there not many game to the outside in park grass and the things like that there outside. in there outside the SUN is put more energy to player man these have no sun ?? the see no sun in the playing game. a sun will have more energy and player like YAO MING dont always have injure. dwight howard and more player like big player have ENERGY to run alot fast and lebron even faser. that play outside will EXPOSE them superstar that cant not play REAL
    basketballings: look:

in outside there are WIND that the player have be able only elite basketball shot player can shot with wind. durant win the outside H.O.R.S.E game he have obviuosly have that in the wind play basketball, durant i think will be the best in that outside basketball. i think theres alot of more people want that outside basketball to the grass or bark , that thre REAL basketball peoples many people here the have no think , no think that say these dumb therad. i think naurudude never make a thread post with thinking like these thread.
    This.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Ive played basketball on dirt/very very short grass plenty of times. We had backboards nailed to trees in clearings in the woods at times when I was a kid. Not ideal...but the game can be played.

No reason for an NBA game to be though.