Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
    Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Stephen Curry video. Do you want him on your team with say....a top 10 pick?

He could be Chris Jackson....he could be Eddie House. He could be Mike Bibby....he could be...Daniel Gibson. Or Jason Terry. **** maybe Steve Kerr.I wouldnt be totally shocked if hes the next Gilbert Arenas and I wouldnt be shocked if he plays 26 minutes his entire rookie season and ends up in the NBDL before working his way back to the league and signing on a contender and building a career as a solid 6th man.

He doesnt have the build of a lot of those 6'2'' or so combo guards with jumpers. Ben Gordon, Bobby Jackson, and Mo Williams all have some muscle on them. ben and Bobby were borderline tanks.

But Curry? He looks like a 13 yearold. And not like a 13 yearold in good shape. Like an average 8th grader. But got damn he can shoot...and Bobby Knight called him as good a passer as has ever played in college. Which is a stretch....but Knight doesnt seem the type to hand out praise he doesnt mean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJ52-fokJrI&fmt=18

http://rapidshare.com/files/21491877...ephencurry.mpg

Where would you draft him?

3-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Stephen Curry video. Do you want him on your team with say....a top 10 pick?

Late lottery.... poor man's Ben Gordon

Default Re: Stephen Curry video. Do you want him on your team with say....a top 10 pick?

I would not select him in the the lottery. I just don't value his play that much. Bob Knight has been gotten infected with the hyperbole virus since he has been at ESPN. One of my biggest critiques with Stephon's game is that his passes are neither precise or crisp. He is good coming of screens and does not always have to dribble into his shot to find a rhythm, which makes me think that he can be effective with or without a dominant big man, and he can play next to a drive and kick point guard for stretches. I have doubts about his ability to fight through screens on defense on the pro level. His body is rather slight, and has shown little improvement over the years.

And please no Chris Jackson comparisons that would be considered blasphemy in SEC country.

I think he's going to be sick in the league

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
    I think he's going to be sick in the league
    Keith Brumbaugh will be better than Stephen Curry.

Look I just made fun of myself before you quote me with the same lame joke.

Banned

Local High School Star tastystaci's Avatar

No chance he is a lottery pick!! He's an in-betweener with limited handles, limited strength, limited defense. Sharp shooters are not takin' early in drafts. I like Curry, but right now he's a late first rounder or worst. Unless Isiah Thomas takes over as GM of the Clips. Then he might be the #1 pick

McCants is Available!!

The dude must be pretty strong. I've seen him pull up from the Bobcats logo and drain it on a regular ole jumpshot. He needs to beef up though and he could be similar to Mo Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by Interminator
    Keith Brumbaugh will be better than Stephen Curry.

Look I just made fun of myself before you quote me with the same lame joke.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93317
    Last edited by HaNdLe ThE RoCk; 03-29-2009 at 02:54 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Younggrease
    next BJ Armstrong...
    BJ never attempted nearly as many 3's as Curry has.

He may end up becoming a cross between Eddie House & John Starks at best.

McCants is Available!!

BTW, this vid sucks because there wasn't enough shots of Sonya.

Nah just kidding bro. Great work once again!

7-time NBA All-Star OneMoreSucka's Avatar

I'd love to have him as a sixth man.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
    Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Interminator
    Nice.
    8x all star

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Basketball#1
    The dude must be pretty strong. I've seen him pull up from the Bobcats logo and drain it on a regular ole jumpshot. He needs to beef up though and he could be similar to Mo Williams.
    Mo Williams is much quicker and more of a pure PG than Curry.

Curry is more of a bench player you bring in at the 2 and leave out on the perimeter and kick it out to him if hes left open.

He's going to need more space considering he has a set shot without a high release point for a 6'1 Guard.