Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Serious playground baller

Default So Wade averaged less Points, rebounds, assists and had a worse fg% than 2011 Bron

Yet people completely blamed Bron for that Mavs series...but if anyone blames Wade this series they're making excuses?

Man you haters are ridiculous

Kobelicious

Default Re: So Wade averaged less Points, rebounds, assists and had a worse fg% than 2011 Bron

2011 was a winnable series, he choked hard

this year? not so much

Decent playground baller

Default Re: So Wade averaged less Points, rebounds, assists and had a worse fg% than 2011 Bron

2/5

3-time NBA All-Star

Wade's clearly declined. His shitty play wasn't because of a lack of effort and/or being scared of the moment. Lebron was playing like the monstars took away his powers. Lebron was clearly capable of doing significantly more in 2011. That's not the case with Wade in this series.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

I was/am a huge Wade fan for his play from his rookie year through 2012, but these last 2 years have killed his legacy.

Wade in these finals...15/4/3 50% TS

I never want to hear a Wade fan talk about Dirk's 07 series at all. Not only was Wade the 2nd best guy on his team, but got virtually no defensive attention at all.

Dirk's 20/11/2 51% TS in 07 destroys what Wade did in the finals...and he had ****ing Lebron James on his team.

Wade's legacy actually drops tremendously off these last 2 years now. He's outside the top 25 for me now.

I dont think anyone blames Lebron for this year and Wade for 2011....

Stop taking trolls seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    I was/am a huge Wade fan for his play from his rookie year through 2012, but these last 2 years have killed his legacy.

I never want to hear a Wade fan talk about Dirk's 07 series at all. Not only was Wade the 2nd best guy on his team, but got virtually no defensive attention at all.

Dirk's 20/11/2 51% TS in 07 destroys what Wade did in the finals...and he had ****ing Lebron James on his team.

Wade's legacy actually drops tremendously off these last 2 years now. He's outside the top 25 for me now.
    Are you ****ing comparing Dirk's PRIME MVP season to Wade's '14 season?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    Are you ****ing comparing Dirk's PRIME MVP season to Wade's '14 season?

Why not? It was Dirk's worst showing in his playoffs.

I'm trying to be generous here.

If I compared Dirk at the same age...Wade looks even worse.

Wade at age 31 and 32 in the last two playoffs;

17/4/4 53% TS

Dirk at age 31 and 32 in the playoffs;

28/8/3 62% TS

You act like Wade is old now. He's not. He's declined horribly the last 2 years while other players like Dirk, Duncan, and Kobe were raping teams at the same age with even more mileage and without the benefit of playing with a guy half as good as Lebron.

that is the problem for Wade's legacy now....his 13 and 14 showings were dreadful and should hurt him.

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    I dont think anyone blames Lebron for this year and Wade for 2011....

Stop taking trolls seriously.
    You definitely read this thread incorrectly, or just wrote the opposite by accident

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    Wade's clearly declined. His shitty play wasn't because of a lack of effort and/or being scared of the moment. Lebron was playing like the monstars took away his powers. Lebron was clearly capable of doing significantly more in 2011. That's not the case with Wade in this series.
    He's definitely not scared of the moment, but I saw a lack of effort. He sometimes just strolled back on defense after bricking a shot or turning the ball over, and the Spurs exploited whichever matchup was on him for their offense. Clearly the knees have taken their toll and no one is expecting 25ppg anymore, but I think he could have done more.

Definitely not the same level as 2011 Bron though.

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents
    You definitely read this thread incorrectly, or just wrote the opposite by accident
    I understood the thread, but I kinda reversed my answer.

Basically,
    Lebron was at fault for 2011 not 2014
    Wade was at fault for 2014 not 2011.

Everything else is pretty much just trolling.

I get superstar calls j3lademaster's Avatar

Wade's a 2nd option while Lebron is the best player in the world. Morons putting him in with the same standards as Wade and in another thread Kawhi . How come everyone brings up the same tired "55 wins without MJ" and "96 finals" and "5/19" and blame Jordan, but no one documents Pippen's bad games? It's because no one cares.

Lebron was close to the peak of his powers, in absolute prime position to dominate the finals...and he did some next level bedshitting. All he had to do was just play at 80% of his capabilities and his team would've won the series. But he flat out disappeared.

Wade's knees have been deteriorating for years now, the dude is legitimately a shell of himself physically. It's not an excuse, it's a fact - his body is just breaking down.

Yeah, Wade sucked hard ass in the finals this year. But to compare his steep physical decline to Lebron's mental collapse is just ridiculous.

Except no one has been calling Wade the best player in the world this season, not even close to it. Can you not see why you'd hold 2014 Wade and 2011 Lebron to different standards, or are you retarded?

You really make no sense. In what world does getting to the finals hurt your legacy? It's like saying Duncan and Parker last season killed their legacies last season because they lost, and screwed up in key moments down the stretch of key games. They had great seasons and only one team can win each year, and it is moronic to expect players to win every year in a 30 team league. Getting to the finals is a positive legacy wise, win or lose, though obviously winning means far more than losing. Getting to the finals 4 years straight is a historical achievement whether you like it or not.

You also look far too much at aggregated stats as if they are comparable across series with different teams and different matchups. If Wade doesn't come through with huge games in games 4 & 7 last year Miami don't win the title. Those were two huge performances in must-win games. You putting Dirk's abysmal 06-07 performance (first round bouncing by 8 seed) on the same level is bloody hilarious. His production wasn't even superior and he got bounced by an 8 seed whereas Miami were playing a great team in the finals. Also saying Wade had no defensive attention this year shows you do not watch the games at all. SA completely took away the lane for Wade and constantly pestered his drives, and he had mostly Green (good defender), Ginobili (decent defender) and Leonard (great defender) guarding him, with great help defense added. Are you blind or something?

Also, care to check how his numbers match up with other 2nd option wings like say Pippen, perhaps in 96 or 98 (same age range)? No one holds Pippen's rings against him because he didn't have efficient enough stats. But no, a guy whose knees are worn down ruins his legacy by getting to the finals twice as a second option, and coming up short in one out of 2 of the finals in a series where Miami were completely overmatched all over the court. Legacy ruined . What is it with idiots on this site and the incessant and idiotic hyperbole?

Last year Wade definitely struggled during most of the playoffs, but he had an overall good performance in the 2013 Finals, and he played well in 3 of the last 4 games of the series, including putting up 23 and 10 in Game 7. Considering he was injured I can't kill him for his performance last year. Was it good? No, but he did come through when his team needed him, and it's not like he was the one who put up a goose egg in Game 7

This years Finals though, he deserves all the criticism he gets. He was absolutely terrible on both sides of the floor, and he became more of an asset for the Spurs than he was for the Heat