Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: melo's legacy is on the line tonight

ib4 another knicks fans attacking each other drama occurring. I aint saying anything, just sit down enjoy and watch.

Love Live Life

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy77x
    Pacers are not the better team but they have played better and more as a team so far. They are the denver nuggets east, bunch of role players and a fake manufactured superstar wanna be paul george.

NBA Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
    ib4 another knicks fans attacking each other drama occurring. I aint saying anything, just sit down enjoy and watch.
    As pathetic of a franchise the Knicks have been for the past decade or so, the Nets are even more pathetic, considering they lost a 7 game series to a Bulls team without Derrick Rose and nearly half of their roster.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    His style can't lead a team to a title. What happens tonight will never change that.

Melo would have to simply stop playing the way he has his entire career in the playoffs for a Melo led team to win. If tonight is the first night of that...great.

But we need to see lower volume and higher efficiency consistently for Melo to ever have a chance.

Until then...he's the same 41% chucker that plays little defense and doesn't create for his teammates.

And I'm not hating. That is the truth. With all that said, Melo is still a top 10 player in the league. He just has done nothing to prove he can lead a team in the playoffs.
    that's sums up my point.
    how can you consider him a top 10 player then?
    he has all the tools. he can defend, pass and rebound but his mindset and personality prevents him from playing a winning style of basketball.
    how could you call someone a top 10 marathon runner if that runner refuses to run more than 41 kilometers?

Paul George is clearly a better player than Carmelo. If you can't see that, you're a blind sheep follower of media hype.

What if he wins 5 MVPs and 4 championships?

Quote Originally Posted by shady6121
    As pathetic of a franchise the Knicks have been for the past decade or so, the Nets are even more pathetic, considering they lost a 7 game series to a Bulls team without Derrick Rose and nearly half of their roster.
    I thought you aint a knicks fan anymore? Right after a Heat loss you are all the way back to where you are, guess this cant be helped. Typical knicks fan.

Quote Originally Posted by IncarceratedBob
    What if he wins 5 MVPs and 4 championships?
    What if I do too?

NBA Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
    I thought you aint a knicks fan anymore? Right after a Heat loss you are all the way back to where you are, guess this cant be helped. Typical knicks fan.
    I'm still a Heat fan, I'm just stating facts, though both the Knicks and Nets have been historically bad franchises, the Nets are more pathetic than the Knicks. Stay mad.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Teanett
    that's sums up my point.
    how can you consider him a top 10 player then?
    he has all the tools. he can defend, pass and rebound but his mindset and personality prevents him from playing a winning style of basketball.
    how could you call someone a top 10 marathon runner if that runner refuses to run more than 41 kilometers?
    Because so many players have faults as well.

Name the 10 players better than Melo. You'll have to start listing players with many flaws as well.

Love Live Life

Quote Originally Posted by K Xerxes
    I'm not the biggest Melo fan by any stretch of the imagination, but, you'd think judging by some of the comments here, Melo is a legitimate scrub. Utterly ridiculous. Melo is a fantastic player and one of the top two scorers in the game. Has he been far below standard in these playoffs? Yes, he has. But he has proved his ability in stretches of the regular season. He has proved that when he's on his game, he is just about the most unstoppable scorer in this league.

The problem with Melo is his mentality and it has always been his mentality. IMO, he tries too much to be the hero. Even when he has poor shooting nights, he thinks he can pull it out of the bag, save his team from a loss by jacking up shots, but that's not what leaders do. They know when they are becoming the detriment of their team, they understand when they should be doing other things (*cough*pass*cough), and until Melo understands that, he will never lead a team anywhere close to a championship.

With all that said, to suggest he is not a top 10 player in the league is laughable and ludicrous.
    I'm a Melo fan and this is true. But in his defense the shots he has been taking and missing are shots that he know he can make. Check his post game interview. He just had an off game. He is not the only reason they lost. I seen J.R throw up horrible shots all game. The Knicks are not gonna win by shooting 3s and jumpers all game. Prime example was last game they wasn't on. They need Melo to post up since he is their only low post threat. Also the Pacers are just a better team. They're more balanced and the big men were killing them. Give credit to the Pacers cause they played good D. Everybody and even ESPN are making seem like its all about the Knicks but if you watched the game you would see that the Pacers out played them and stayed calm.

Quote Originally Posted by K Xerxes
    I'm not the biggest Melo fan by any stretch of the imagination, but, you'd think judging by some of the comments here, Melo is a legitimate scrub. Utterly ridiculous. Melo is a fantastic player and one of the top two scorers in the game. Has he been far below standard in these playoffs? Yes, he has. But he has proved his ability in stretches of the regular season. He has proved that when he's on his game, he is just about the most unstoppable scorer in this league.

The problem with Melo is his mentality and it has always been his mentality. IMO, he tries too much to be the hero. Even when he has poor shooting nights, he thinks he can pull it out of the bag, save his team from a loss by jacking up shots, but that's not what leaders do. They know when they are becoming the detriment of their team, they understand when they should be doing other things (*cough*pass*cough), and until Melo understands that, he will never lead a team anywhere close to a championship.

With all that said, to suggest he is not a top 10 player in the league is laughable and ludicrous.
    Probably the only post worth reading in this thread.. and you speak the truth..

everyone else are retards lol....

i agree.. he needs to get his mentality tougher and figure out LEADing doesnt mean trying to take over the game yourself... i think alot of that has to do with woodson also too...

Carmelo's eFG% in the playoffs is 40.4%.

Quote Originally Posted by shady6121
    I'm still a Heat fan, I'm just stating facts, though both the Knicks and Nets have been historically bad franchises, the Nets are more pathetic than the Knicks. Stay mad.
    Okay then, try staying as a Heat fan this time, a friendly advice.

Basically Melo is never going to win a chip if he's the first option on that team. He's still a top 10 player in the league though.