Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Default Re: Michael Jordan in the post. Amazing compilation.

MJ is better than Kobe and Lebron

next

Quote Originally Posted by lefthook00

-Honestly, I see Kobe doing everything that MJ did, and I see him doing things that MJ didn't do, Kobe obviously developed his post game upon MJ's, and added a couple moves as well. Of course I'm not saying that Kobe is better than MJ in the post, everything Kobe does in the post is slower and less powerful than MJ, but I just think it's realistic to say that Kobe has put together some extra moves beyond MJ's variations, considering how much Kobe studies the game, and how long it's been since MJ's time. Now you can say that MJ didn't need to do as much because he was more effective, but I think Kobe actually loves practicing stringing together elaborate moves over and over in practice and showing them off in the game.
    There's a few things that I've seen certain players do that Jordan did, or never did at all. What makes Jordan so good in the post was the consistency,ability to immediately read what the defense was doing, the quick-strike moves, movement that was purposeful and efficient....... not the ability to string together an elaborate series of never-before-seen moves( a few of which probably weren't necessary if you act proactively to the defense as opposed to re-actively).
    Last edited by Dragonyeuw; 03-05-2013 at 09:28 AM.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rasheed1
    Alot of those are the same move, but it is ridiculously fluid. He chains his moves together so smoothly, that fadeaway is almost impossible to stop. That is a killer move. Then when he starts going up and under too? you're f*cked then. forget about stopping him
    Which is what Kenny Smith is always harping about when it comes to MJ. He's always saying how MJ was the most fundamental great athlete of all time ( by athlete I don't mean pro player, but great athlete). He's always talking about MJ's use of perfectly fundamental footwork, hand location, movements etc.etc.

Kobe can score and pass at will from the post as much as MJ did and some, his arsenal is bigger

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by G-Funk
    Kobe can score and pass at will from the post as much as MJ did and some, his arsenal is bigger
    Keep believing that.

You do understand that MJ made his living down there in the later part of his career right?

It wasn't that he did it for only a couple possessions, but for a large part. And this was in an era that was dominated by big men that controlled the paint.

And NO Kobe can't do this "at will". Seen too many bad shots taken, too many turnovers compiled by Kobe.

What does he do specifically in the post that Jordan never did? I'm not making an argument one way or the other, but you're making a lot of vague statements with little backing it up.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by KOBE143
    In the Post

[COLOR="Sienna"]Kobe=Hakeem > MJ [/COLOR]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> BronBron

Kobe is the Hakeem Olajuwon of SG..

Troll who tries to provoke you

Quote Originally Posted by SHAQisGOAT
    Do you consider SF's perimeter players though?
    I do actually.

I consider following positions PERIMETER: SG, PG, SF & 2 Guards.

I know you where you're going with this.

& I love Larry Bird too. He was just unstoppable force of nature in PERIMTER Post.

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    Keep believing that.

You do understand that MJ made his living down there in the later part of his career right?

It wasn't that he did it for only a couple possessions, but for a large part. And this was in an era that was dominated by big men that controlled the paint.

And NO Kobe can't do this "at will". Seen too many bad shots taken, too many turnovers compiled by Kobe.
    Lol

Which is what Kenny Smith is always harping about when it comes to MJ. He's always saying how MJ was the most fundamental great athlete of all time ( by athlete I don't mean pro player, but great athlete). He's always talking about MJ's use of perfectly fundamental footwork, hand location, movements etc.etc.

And you know what else is incredible to watch? (I think u mentioned this earlier) Mj goes down on the baseline and draws 3 guys to him and he still has the court vision and awareness to get the ball across the court to the opposite wing to the open man for the easy shot. When a teammate cuts to the hoop? Mj has the pass ready to hit him for the easy layup, even while chaining together 5, 6 post moves with 3 guys running at him.

Very few players have ever had that command over the game
    Last edited by Rasheed1; 03-05-2013 at 06:04 PM.

Not true at all. Its just a wishful thinking. Kobe's PERIMETER post game is PRE-MEDITATED.

One can clearly predict its 3-4 dribbles & he'll turn around & JOCK one up, an difficult fadeaway.

80-90% of the PERIMETER post kobe will take a turn around fadeaway jump shot. Another

20-10% of the PERIMETER post Kobe will kick it out to TOP OF THE KEY.

I've seen that way too many times. Kobe is actually a poor passer off the PERIMETER post area.

hence, the reason why he shoots a lot more PREMEDITATED fadeaways.

BULLS EYE.

something I've noticed too. MJ's FUNDAMENTALS are ROCK SOLID & then you add SUPER HUMAN skills to a perfect compact 6' 5" figure & bless him with 7'3" centers EXTRA LARGE HANDS.

ITS JUST TOO MUCH & UNFAIR.

& exactly, this is what happened. MJ's ROCK SOLID FUNDAMENTALS is what differentiates him from LBJ, Wade, Kobe, Drexle etc etc.

The only Top 10 GOAT that comes close to MJ is probably Big O.

Quote Originally Posted by KOBE143
    In the Post

Kobe=Hakeem > MJ >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> BronBron

Kobe is the Hakeem Olajuwon of SG..
    This is the reason why Kobe has so much HATE on ISH.

The reason is not Kobe but the LAL fans & Kobe'tards.

think about what you just said.

If Kobe is equal to Hakeem in Post, why does kobe goes to Hakeem in Houston & take lessons in summer to better his post game?

ever put 2 & 2 together.

How many times did we see Jordan spin away or avoid the double team as the guy was trying to get to him? This video shows a lot of that, and it's still a thing of beauty. His awareness and reaction on the court is still untouched.

Kobe stans always has to put up his name in an MJ vid thread, insecure little fvcks.

Jordan is better in the post because of these things:
    - better IQ
    - better athleticism
    - more consistent

Did you know Kobe once asked MJ how does he read the defense?