Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    -primetime-
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default Re: One on One: Jordan vs. LeBron

Quote Originally Posted by abuC
    Didnt Jordan struggle with Magic? LeBron is essentially the same size as Magic, but on a whole different level in terms of athleticism.
    jesus christ...I can't believe this

what was MJ like 5 years old when he played Magic?

and was it not Magic that had trouble with MJ?

this thread makes sense though...Dirk has one bad series and he goes from MVP to not even top 10, Lebron has one good series and he goes from inconsistant choker to being able to beat the GOAT in a game of one on one...

Cuba

Quote Originally Posted by Richie2k6
    But Magic is one of the GOATs'. Lebron isn't.

What does that have to do with one on one?

Quote Originally Posted by Loki
    Yup.

Not sure why anyone would think Lebron could win this. He's not that explosive off the dribble (as compared to Jordan), doesn't have nearly as good a shot as Jordan, and isn't nearly the defender Jordan is. Oh yeah, and his size doesn't really matter because he has little post game to speak of anyway (and post defense was perhaps the strongest part of Jordan's defensive game anyway).

What, you think Lebron is just going to be able to barrel into Jordan all day and make shots while absorbing contact he himself initiated? Jordan wasn't weak, you know. And Jordan's defensive footwork and ballhawking abilities would make it difficult for Lebron to set up a rhythm for his drive.

Didn't Kobe do a great job against Lebron the last time they met? Jordan was a significantly better defender than Kobe. Bron hasn't become 10x the player he was a few months ago overnight, you know.
    Well, what do you think the Final score would be then?

First to 20...

-primetime-

Quote Originally Posted by NASH = BEST
    Funny thing is that I just cant see a "PRIME" Shaq losing to no one "1 on 1"
    to Jordan???? are you kidding me

all jordan would have to do is step out side and shoot the ball....no need to drive...

and Shaq can't dribble worth a SH-IT...Jordan would steal the ball 90% of the time...

Jordan 100
    Shaq 8

Banned

Didnt Jordan struggle with Magic? LeBron is essentially the same size as Magic, but on a whole different level in terms of athleticism.
    Jordan did not struggle with Magic, and what damage Magic did was in the post. Magic had an excellent post game. Lebron doesn't.

Cuba

Quote Originally Posted by -primetime-
    jesus christ...I can't believe this

what was MJ like 5 years old when he played Magic?
    More like he was 28, but good estimate.

and was it not Magic that had trouble with MJ?
    Since when did Magic guard SGs? Of course he would have trouble with Jordan, but you must have failed to see the point about LeBron being the same size as Magic, but more athletic.

this thread makes sense though...Dirk has one bad series and he goes from MVP to not even top 10, Lebron has one good series and he goes from inconsistant choker to being able to beat the GOAT in a game of one on one...
    That's basically the logic of these people, yes. And if you get injured, apparently you suck. (e.g. Wade, T-Mac, etc.)
    What does that have to do with one on one?
    Nothing. Jordan struggled with Magic because he is one of the GOATs'. Lebron isn't as good as Magic, so of course he would be easier to face 1 on 1. Common sense.
    Funny thing is that I just cant see a "PRIME" Shaq losing to no one "1 on 1"
    Duncan would give him a run for his money. :)

Cuba

Quote Originally Posted by Loki
    Jordan did not struggle with Magic, and what damage Magic did was in the post. Magic had an excellent post game. Lebron doesn't.

No, he clearly had trouble with Magic's size advantage. In a one on one setting, LeBron's post game doesnt need to be excellent.

Banned

Well, what do you think the Final score would be then?

First to 20...
    Jordan's ball first, about 20-11, if that.

Lebron's ball first, around 20-14 tops. Jordan taking both scenarios. I just can't see Lebron scoring 12-15 straight buckets on Jordan while I can pretty easily see Jordan doing so on Lebron. At some point Lebron is going to be forced into a non-dunk/layup, and he'll miss, because his game isn't as polished. Jordan could not only get past Lebron at will, but also had a far more varied offensive game, to say nothing of his defensive advantage.

-primetime-

this is why Jordan would destroy Lebron

Lebron doesn't have this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bFDwd68-DA

Cuba

Quote Originally Posted by Richie2k6
    Nothing. Jordan struggled with Magic because he is one of the GOATs'. Lebron isn't as good as Magic, so of course he would be easier to face 1 on 1. Common sense.

Im pretty sure you rarely play basketball, what does being one of the "goats" in a team sport, have to do with playing someone else ONE ON ONE? I know tons of guys who are horrible in actual games, but are unbeatable...one on one.

Banned

No, he clearly had trouble with Magic's size advantage. In a one on one setting, LeBron's post game doesnt need to be excellent.
    No, he really didn't. In fact, he kept getting bogus calls against him in game 1 of the '91 Finals. People who think Jordan got calls should watch some of the doozies Magic got against Jordan in the post -- total non-fouls called as fouls, which led to the belief that Magic gave Jordan trouble in the post. Watch the game.

And again, what sort of post game does Lebron have? As soon as he puts that ball in front of him on a face up it's getting stolen by Jordan. So he had better have a post game -- too bad he's never demonstrated a great one like Magic had.

Im pretty sure you rarely play basketball, what does being one of the "goats" in a team sport, have to do with playing someone else ONE ON ONE? I know tons of guys who are horrible in actual games, but are unbeatable...one on one.
    Oh my God. You're not understanding what I'm saying.

Quote Originally Posted by -primetime-
    this is why Jordan would destroy Lebron

Lebron doesn't have this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bFDwd68-DA
    Nice Video...

Looks like Jordan is taking this by a Landslide,

Can some one please make a case for LeBron?

Nice Video...

Looks like Jordan is taking this by a Landslide,

Can some one please make a case for LeBron?
    Uhh.. he's stronger?