View Poll Results: Klay or Manu?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Klay

14 27.45%
  • Manu

37 72.55%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Klay Thompson or Manu Ginobili?

"Not asking who the better player is"

Yes, you actually are, numb nuts

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    "Not asking who the better player is"

Yes, you actually are, numb nuts
    No, hes asking who we prefer.

No wonder you got ran out of class, the dude who kicked your ass was probably sick of your stuttering sub 90 IQ ass.

I went with Manu. I get what klay brings just a personal preference I guess

Quote Originally Posted by MrFonzworth
    No, hes asking who we prefer.

No wonder you got ran out of class, the dude who kicked your ass was probably sick of your stuttering sub 90 IQ ass.
    Arbitrary is the ISH jizz rag

It's tough when your English reading level has never exceeded the 4th grade standard

I don't know if I should be surprised at the results but they definitely aren't what I was expecting, not in such a landslide for Manu anyway.

Man I miss the insanely skilled players with competitive integrity of the past like Manu/Yao/AK/etc. Just seems like such a soft ass superfriends superteam ass era these days.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    If I could get prime Manu for 10 years I'd take him over Kobe. He was really good.
    Yup. Just look at how badly prime Kobe failed against the Pistons in 2004 and how prime Manu sliced up that exact same Pistons defense with ease a year later. That same playoffs, he outplayed mvp Steve Nash and had the Spurs beating Suns at their own style. Klay would fail spectacularly against those two teams, especially if Spurs were forced to rely on crappy Tony Parker as the primary playmaker. Manu's health issues held him back from being able to play large minutes and prevented him from being viewed as a superstar. But his impact is undeniable.

Kobe Stan

OP actually made a decent thread for once.

My instincts go with Manu...but Klay could be the better player. Too close.

Dunking on everybody in the park Gougou's Avatar

I respect Manu's game and his playmaking ability, and all his contribution to make the team better

But... I would still go with Klay. He is also quite clutch and always show up big.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduper
    I don't know if I should be surprised at the results but they definitely aren't what I was expecting, not in such a landslide for Manu anyway.

Man I miss the insanely skilled players with competitive integrity of the past like Manu/Yao/AK/etc. Just seems like such a soft ass superfriends superteam ass era these days.
    Ironic post considering Manu is one of the biggest floppers ever and I've seen you go in on Bran a ton when it comes to flopping.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Manu is better

But i prefer Klay because of his ability to score without the basketball

Skill for skill, Manu is superior to Klay. In terms of passing, handles, scoring skillset, etc. And Manu could play and defend PG, SG, and SF. BUT FLAT OUT, Klay is the better player. For starters, he's the BEST BLEND of pure shooting and defense we've ever seen in the NBA. Secondly, I think Klay could be the #1 option on another contending team. In the vein of a Dale Ellis, Glen Rice, or Reggie Miller type for example. But I think even better than those sharpshooters!

And if we are just talking two way ability in general, he's among the top 10 SG's to ever in the league. U got legends like MJ, Kobe, D Wade, West, Dumars, and Moncrief in that mix. BUT Klay is right in there as well. NO WAY would Pop bring a prime Klay Thompson off the bench if he had him. There's A REASON WHY Manu came off the bench all those years in the league.

Manu LITERALLY had it all in his arsenal EXCEPT the motor-durability to be an alpha dog scorer. HE had the mentality and skills for sure though! If Manu had that, he would be a top 10 SG peak and GOAT wise in my opinion. But instead he was an All Star type player BUT never a superstar. I don't think I've ever seen a player so skilled that wasn't a superstar level player! I would say Manu and Sheed are two guys that qualify for that!
    Last edited by bizil; 06-13-2019 at 06:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    Ironic post considering Manu is one of the biggest floppers ever and I've seen you go in on Bran a ton when it comes to flopping.
    Flopping with integrity and flopping like a bitch (elevating your 6pt finals game to an 8pt finals game/flying back 20 feet when being inadvertently slapped in the face) are two completely different things.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduper
    Flopping with integrity and flopping like a bitch (elevating your 6pt finals game to an 8pt finals game/flying back 20 feet when being inadvertently slapped in the face) are two completely different things.
    AKA Flopping is okay if it's a guy I like, but not okay if it's a guy I hate. Basically, you're full of shit.

Facts Are Misleading

Manu is better at being the man, Klay is better playing on a team with other stars.

He's a better more versatile defender. He is doing great work on Kawhi this series & he's the chosen defender for a guy like Kyrie as well. That's a wide range of play styles he is the chosen defender for.

Manu was not that dude on defense.

The fact Klay can and has taken 5 dribbles all game in the half court to score 40 is unique. That is THE perfect player to surround a ball dominant player with.

Quote Originally Posted by Carbine
    Manu is better at being the man, Klay is better playing on a team with other stars.

He's a better more versatile defender. He is doing great work on Kawhi this series & he's the chosen defender for a guy like Kyrie as well. That's a wide range of play styles he is the chosen defender for.

Manu was not that dude on defense.

The fact Klay can and has taken 5 dribbles all game in the half court to score 40 is unique. That is THE perfect player to surround a ball dominant player with.
    I just don't see the relevance that has in this discussion. A team with Manu as it's best player would never accomplish anything. The debate should really be who you would rather have as your 2nd/3rd option