Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: top 5 two way players in nba history ( aka the real top 5 players in nba history )

[QUOTE=Kblaze8855]Winning 44 games with young rashard and the remains of alcoholic era Vin Baker is supposed to eliminate someone from being all D because 44 wins put you in 10th place?

Swap Lewis for Shaq I

Default Re: top 5 two way players in nba history ( aka the real top 5 players in nba history )

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffen
    a conference is 15 teams.. not one team... you nitwit
    We know the game Kenny. When Kobe faces a team they're historical great, while every team LeBron has ever faced is historically bad.

SSDD ......

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

You and I clearly are looking for different things for all D team voting.

Im looking first for one thing....who the better defender was.

In fact...that may be the only thing im looking for with a slight nod towards playing enough of the season to be reasonable.

Wilt
    Hakeem
    Kawahi
    Jordan
    Gary Payton

3-time NBA All-Star

90% of steals and blocks by non post players are actually attained by NOT playing defense and instead leaking out for chase downs/playing passing lanes etc...

its why most people were tricked into thinking a younger lebron was a DPOTY candidate. later when they actually watched his finals defense exposed highlight compilations they realized the truth
    That's not true at all and making the mistake of thinking that on ball defence is the only defence there is. There's on and off ball defence. There are plaenty of guys who were average on ball defenders but great off ball but they could still influence a game on the defensive end. Obviously mj was a better defender because he was great on and off ball but it doesn't mean LeBron was a bad defender.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bronbron23
    That's not true at all and making the mistake of thinking that on ball defence is the only defence there is. There's on and off ball defence. There are plaenty of guys who were average on ball defenders but great off ball but they could still influence a game on the defensive end. Obviously mj was a better defender because he was great on and off ball but it doesn't mean LeBron was a bad defender.

actually it is entirely true and why allen iverson (an absolute abysmal defender) was leading the league in steals

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    You and I clearly are looking for different things for all D team voting.

Im looking first for one thing....who the better defender was.

In fact...that may be the only thing im looking for with a slight nod towards playing enough of the season to be reasonable.

youve never been one to allow yourself to go with the grain. i expect nothing less than you to argue a lottery team player to deserve major awards

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Not repping worse defenders for an all defensive team because they have better players on their team giving them better records. Irrelevant information.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Of course OP has Kobe in his little list. He's not even close to being one of the best two players in nba history. He was regularly a negative defensively throughout his career.

sorry... its the no chokers club

winning finals records only

ChokerS... you're allowed to have one.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    Of course OP has Kobe in his little list. He's not even close to being one of the best two players in nba history. He was regularly a negative defensively throughout his career.

You are not allowed to bring up facts.. You know even Kobe's coach Phil Jackson said KObe was not good on defense..

Long time Mentor Tex Winters said Kobe was not good on defense..

I will say that Kobe was a good defender especially in that first year that the Lakers won a title.. But after that I would say he GOT worse every year..

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NBASTATMAN
    You are not allowed to bring up facts.. You know even Kobe's coach Phil Jackson said KObe was not good on defense..

Long time Mentor Tex Winters said Kobe was not good on defense..

I will say that Kobe was a good defender especially in that first year that the Lakers won a title.. But after that I would say he GOT worse every year..
    Kobe basically destroyed any prestige the all defensive team had when he was put on the team when he was literally a negative player defensively. I will say he played better defense in the playoffs, but the whole point of being on the all defensive team is consistency...being a consistent defender throughout the long 82 game season and Kobe was, frankly, never that besides 2000. What makes it even worse is he was being put on the team over a guy like Dwyane Wade who was a far superior defensive player.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    Kobe basically destroyed any prestige the all defensive team had when he was put on the team when he was literally a negative player defensively. I will say he played better defense in the playoffs, but the whole point of being on the all defensive team is consistency...being a consistent defender throughout the long 82 game season and Kobe was, frankly, never that besides 2000. What makes it even worse is he was being put on the team over a guy like Dwyane Wade who was a far superior defensive player.

The ISH'ers Champion!

Can't argue with OP on this one.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by PickernRoller
    Can't argue with JERRY WEST on this one.Lebron is up there with MJ