Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    High School Varsity 6th Man

Default David Nwaba and the NBA draft

A few games into his nba career, I am convinced that diamond-in-the rough find by Magic Johnson, David Nwaba is a generational player. When we look back on his acquisition 5 years from now, I think we will find that he is a player that made defense exciting to watch.

Watching this guy play defense, in my eyes, is every bit as exciting as watching Westbrook on offense, or Curry drain those impossible 3's.

With that in mind, I am hoping the Lakers look to defense in this upcoming draft. It seems destined for us to acquire Lonzo Ball, but if the opportunity to get some more intense defensive players like Josh Jackson or Tatum is there, we should go in that direction. I would love to get another Nigerian player late in the first round too if he is available- Semi Ojeleye.

Default Re: Kkinchen Tonight: Larry Nance Jr Defensive Player of the Year

http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-n...ns/2017/04/15/

Check this out for everyone that ever doubted my basketball genius. I suggested this a year before even Nance jr. saw this in himself.

Never doubt Coach Kinchen. I hope Magic Johnson and Rob Pelinka are reading my posts. I'm that good.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by kkinchen
    http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-n...ns/2017/04/15/

Check this out for everyone that ever doubted my basketball genius. I suggested this a year before even Nance jr. saw this in himself.

Never doubt Coach Kinchen. I hope Magic Johnson and Rob Pelinka are reading my posts. I'm that good.
    I like him as a player but I'm not sure we will ever see him truly in that discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    I like him as a player but I'm not sure we will ever see him truly in that discussion.
    Nance has a great all-around game and plays great defense in the minutes he plays. I just don't know if he will ever be a starter playing 35+ mins to be worthy of consideration as defensive player of year. You must be a starter on a 50+ win team to truly even qualify for the award relative to other candidates like Green or Gobert or Kawhi. We are not there yet lol

NBA lottery pick

Those were my thoughts. He would need to be the full time starter on a very good team. Right now Randle looks to be more of the starter than he is.

Those were my thoughts. He would need to be the full time starter on a very good team. Right now Randle looks to be more of the starter than he is.
    Well, Nance can play center. If he can continue to develop his offense, I think he can start at center in modern NBA alongside Randle. The way he plays (hi-flier) and his game being north to south, he has all the ingredients to play center. He is still undersized to play extensive minutes at center..

NBA lottery pick

I don't see him as a starting C at all. In certain situations sure, but to start every game.

Default Vander Blue deserves training camp invite

http://lakeshowlife.com/2017/04/24/d...-d-league-mvp/

In light of this news, I think he deserves an invite to our training camp this fall. I think he is good enough to be a third string player for us.

Default Re: Vander Blue deserves training camp invite

Posted this trade on ESPN. I would definitely this trade and then try to move Mozgov and Deng contract.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=l6zduof

It looks like our starting lineup for next year is going to be....

Ball/Ingram/George/Randle/Millsap

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer SoCalMike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kkinchen
    http://lakeshowlife.com/2017/04/24/d...-d-league-mvp/

In light of this news, I think he deserves an invite to our training camp this fall. I think he is good enough to be a third string player for us.
    MEH on this player bec we all saw what he can do. He shot under 35% from the 3pt line which is not good enough. I'll rather give a chance to a 3 and D player, hopefully find the next Patrick Beverley.

I like Vander Blue as a third string guard for us. Not a rotation player. We are going to shell out some major dough this summer for all these superstars that want to team up with Lonzo Ball and the big baller brand. We're gonna need a couple bargains on our team and Blue could be one of them.

Also, going into 2017-2018 teams will be allowed to have 17 players on their roster. So, I could see a Vander Blue getting one of those spots.

NBA lottery pick

I'm not sure the Lakers need him but he should be on a roster. I've said for a long time the guys who dominate the D League should be on a team. The D-League is better competition than college. There's plenty of those guys who will be on teams in a few months. I'm surprised more teams don't look to the D-League other than rookies they drafted. With the cap the way it is to find someone you can put on the roster cheap that you know can give you a few solid minutes when needed makes sense. The difference is some of these guys had a bit of a chance already. I just think some of them needed a little more time to develop.

I'm not sure the Lakers need him but he should be on a roster. I've said for a long time the guys who dominate the D League should be on a team. The D-League is better competition than college. There's plenty of those guys who will be on teams in a few months. I'm surprised more teams don't look to the D-League other than rookies they drafted. With the cap the way it is to find someone you can put on the roster cheap that you know can give you a few solid minutes when needed makes sense. The difference is some of these guys had a bit of a chance already. I just think some of them needed a little more time to develop.
    Take the case of 2 journey men that Dallas picked up.
    Yogi Ferrell has a PER of 13, same was Clarkson but shoots much better from the 3pt line at 40.3% to JC's 33% (he actually regressed from 34.7% )
    Seth Curry has roughly the same PER as Russell but is shooting a really good clip at 42.5% compared to D'Angelo at 35% from the 3pt area.
    These TWO guys will space the floor so well, yet they are not very expensive players. I don't know why the Lakers can't find these shooters from either the D-league or from the collegiate level and yet have to settle on guys like Vander Blue who can't even shoot above 36% against guys who just flat out want to pad their numbers.