Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Thoughts of Seattle stealing a team?

I don't know how it feels but since Sonic's fans do, thoughts on doing this to Sacramento?

I think Seattle fans should petition this buyout.

Default Re: Thoughts of Seattle stealing a team?

I think the celebration of the move back to Seattle is a bit hypocritical, to be honest.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii
    I think the celebration of the move back to Seattle is a bit hypocritical, to be honest.
    Especially with that Sonics Gate documentary. It will be great if Sacramento fans do a documentary on the guy that directed this. Get his opinions on it.

The best thing for Sacramento to do is sell to another city besides Seattle.

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    Especially with that Sonics Gate documentary. It will be great if Sacramento fans do a documentary on the guy that directed this. Get his opinions on it.

The best thing for Sacramento to do is sell to another city besides Seattle.
    imagine if the THunder relocates to Sactown after durant and westbrook retire

Local High School Star west_tip's Avatar

Seattle didn't steal a team - the team will be sold by the Maloofs to Chris Hansen then relocated. The municipalities of Sacramento and Seattle had little say in this deal neither did the citizens of these cities, the whole idea of cities stealing teams is a complete misnomer.

As a fan you have no stake in your team nor a say in how its run, you are just a customer - thats the bottomline.

How I feel in ur head maybeshewill13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii
    Yeah I agree, Seattle fans should be disgusted and ashamed that Sactown had a retard running their organization.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by west_tip
    Seattle didn't steal a team - the team will be sold by the Maloofs to Chris Hansen then relocated. The municipalities of Sacramento and Seattle had little say in this deal neither did the citizens of these cities, the whole idea of cities stealing teams is a complete misnomer.

As a fan you have no stake in your team nor a say in how its run, you are just a customer - thats the bottomline.
    The municipalities have plenty to say, such as not passing an arena. The city of Seattle should be the first people to acknowledge this and basically petition or disallow any new arena unless it's a team from scratch and not the Kings.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Niytrus's Avatar

It's a little different scenario... the Sonics were sold to an ownership group who lied and pretended to be interested in keeping the team in Seattle before, during, and after the sale of the team. It was later revealed that they had absolutely no intention of keeping the team in Washington.

I'm OK with the sale and relocation because this ownership group has made it perfectly clear on what their intentions are.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by maybeshewill13
    Yeah I agree, Seattle fans should be disgusted and ashamed that Sactown had a retard running their organization.

Maloofs >>>>>>> Schultz

You got two owners that wanted to get rid of their teams. One guy got conned and the team moved to OKC. The other guy is trying to sell his team to Seattle, knowing that they will pay more than what the team is worth just to get a team back.

Both stealing to be honest........now it's just a matter of where the most idiots reside in, Seattle or Sacramento.

Bro, were you a Sonics fan b4 Thunder? If so, are you going back to rooting for Seattle?

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Niytrus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    Bro, were you a Sonics fan b4 Thunder? If so, are you going back to rooting for Seattle?
    A true Sonic's fan would never root for the Thunder...

Oh no, you guys should be ecstatic. I'm saying as an outsider, it seems like the same thing is going on as did with the OKC move (aside from the lying, since this guy is being upfront).

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for the move. I never really cared for the Kings (the Power Balance building didn't do much for me either time I was there either). It's just that the reaction on the part of non-Seattle fans is a little weird to me.

Banned

As I said before, I feel ambivalent. Great Sonics players that were loyal to the franchise (Payton, Kemp, etc) finally gets their jerseys raised to the rafters. I feel saddened though that it came at the price of another city with a team.

Quote Originally Posted by Niytrus
    A true Sonic's fan would never root for the Thunder...
    This.
    Last edited by Killbot; 01-10-2013 at 03:56 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Niytrus
    It's a little different scenario... the Sonics were sold to an ownership group who lied and pretended to be interested in keeping the team in Seattle before, during, and after the sale of the team. It was later revealed that they had absolutely no intention of keeping the team in Washington.

I'm OK with the sale and relocation because this ownership group has made it perfectly clear on what their intentions are.
    It's stealing. Doesn't matter how you sugar coat things. If Seattle was really upset because their team was stolen, they should have compassion by not buying a team and moving it out of there.

Just because they tell you they are going to steal the team and move it, doesn't mean it's any better than a guy that lied and eventually stole the team.

NBA rookie of the year Glide2keva's Avatar

The Kings have been a team on the move since they entered the league. They were the Rochester Royals, Kansas City Kings, then eventually settled in Sacramento. So them moving again isn't that big a deal.