Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default Brandon Jennings

So how do you guys feel about the current Brandon Jennings situation? Has been avging 17 MPG. Also Jennings now said that Augustine should start.

Default Re: Brandon Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by Attila
    So how do you guys feel about the current Brandon Jennings situation? Has been avging 17 MPG. Also Jennings now said that Augustine should start.
    He got more minutes last night and I like what he did with them. I think he should continue to start over Augustin for the time being and see how it goes.

The Pistons are now 0-3

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit
    He got more minutes last night and I like what he did with them. I think he should continue to start over Augustin for the time being and see how it goes.

The Pistons are now 0-3
    Yea we're on our way of being projected 2nd overall in lottery only to end up with 11th pick. Thats the Pistons lifestyle!

NBA lottery pick

Yea we're on our way of being projected 2nd overall in lottery only to end up with 11th pick. Thats the Pistons lifestyle!
    Haha, yeah if it's the end of the season and we're locked in for a top lottery pick they'll for sure go on a winning streak.

I talked about the Jennings situation in another thread. I think if Augustin is playing better he should be the guy in there. He actually did a pretty decent job in Chicago last season. I also want to see what Dinwiddie can do. It's not like this team is anywhere near winning a championship. I'd like to develop some young guys. I want to see them try to get Monroe involved as much as possible. We should try our hardest to keep him around. As soon as we know he's staying, trade Josh Smith. We really do need another solid draft pick though. Missing out last season really screwed us over.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    Haha, yeah if it's the end of the season and we're locked in for a top lottery pick they'll for sure go on a winning streak.

I talked about the Jennings situation in another thread. I think if Augustin is playing better he should be the guy in there. He actually did a pretty decent job in Chicago last season. I also want to see what Dinwiddie can do. It's not like this team is anywhere near winning a championship. I'd like to develop some young guys. I want to see them try to get Monroe involved as much as possible. We should try our hardest to keep him around. As soon as we know he's staying, trade Josh Smith. We really do need another solid draft pick though. Missing out last season really screwed us over.
    Man, I was at the game last night and I'll tell you what, Greg Monroe is the best player out Drummond Smoove and him. Drummond isn't fully there yet. But Monroe's offensive game is so nice. And hes a good rebounder. As for the Jennings situation its weird.... they play a quarter at a time it seems. I don't know what to exactly think of this team yet. All I know is KCP has the ultimate green light.

NBA lottery pick

Man, I was at the game last night and I'll tell you what, Greg Monroe is the best player out Drummond Smoove and him. Drummond isn't fully there yet. But Monroe's offensive game is so nice. And hes a good rebounder. As for the Jennings situation its weird.... they play a quarter at a time it seems. I don't know what to exactly think of this team yet. All I know is KCP has the ultimate green light.
    Glad to hear that about KCP. I would expect big things from Drummond. He wants a contract like Cousins & Favors got. Honestly, he probably will get it somewhere. I feel like he's a really good big man. I just hope we don't lose him.

Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

He played well today in stretches - but he has to learn that he isn't Kobe, he isn't Tmac, he isn't KD... When he knocks down 1 or 2 jumpers in a row, he gets his tail up and then you could almost guarantee he will force around 3 or 4 more bad shots up directly after it. It hurts our team when Jennings starts to get hot because of what happens next...

And that shot he took for the win today, a rushed floater from around the free throw line, come onnnnnn we had better looks than that... Drive and dish boy, get it in the hands of moose in the paint somewhere - Jennings needs to do that more

Decent college freshman

His efficiency is off the charts this year. Hope it keeps up to some degree.

So far this season Jennings has a better player efficiency rating than:

-Harden
    -Klay Thompson
    -Aldridge
    -Melo
    -Wall
    -Griffin
    -Kobe
    -Dwight

Jennings is playing some really positive basketball to start the season, although I will admit being HIGHLY impressed by the man we gave up to get him, Knight, who is averaging 18/7/6... And still just 22 years of age...

Jennings is no longer a problem for us (as he was for the most part of last year) it is now 100% Josh Smith who is an absolute cancer to this team...

NBA lottery pick

Right now it looks like Milwaukee got the better end of the deal with Knight & Middleton. Knight has been very good this season so far. I didn't expect this from him. Although I will say this. Milwaukee does have less options than Detroit so there has to be someone on that team to make plays. It's tough to say whether Jennings would be putting up the same or better numbers there. Both teams are terrible but Detroit at least has options like Monroe & Drummond too. Smith is another, but he's just not producing. End of the day we would have been better off just staying the way we were before the trade and hopefully ending up with a better draft pick..... I never liked making moves for the sake of making moves. If we make them it better be something to make us definitively better.

Decent college freshman

Weird time to make that statement.

NBA lottery pick

How so? Even the sports networks have been saying that right now it looks like Milwaukee got the better end of the deal.

Decent college freshman

Because Jennings is playing better than the other 2 right now by a wide margin. Though Knight has stepped up a bit.

I would definitely take Brandon Knight over Jennings at the moment.

So would I, for the same reasons I was hesitant to make this move in the first place;

*We traded Knight after his second season, as a 20 year old. He was super inconsistent - like most 20 year olds! But we could all see that he had potential to be a great 2-way player. He has great size, speed and good touch from beyond the arc. His play making was lacking but he seems to have added this to his game.

When we got Jennings, we kind of knew what we were getting. Jennings is Jennings - I can't see him getting much better or his game changing all that much.

With Knight - he was still SO far away from his potential ceiling - like most 20 year olds...

I would have rather let Knight develop with Moose and Dre than bring in Jennings and Smith,

in 3 years time when Knight is 25 I have a feeling we will all be hating on Dumars that much more.........................................