Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Shaq: Lebron can't shoot like Kobe can

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    its only a myth considering the nature of kobe being a shotjacker/chucker doing nothing but taking illadvised jumpshots....

kobe is in reality not significantly better than Lebron in ANY department of shooting, except freethrows.....
    See, this is how we know which users are irrational LeBron stans and which are legit fans. Users like RRR3 are willing to recognize the aspects of the game that Kobe is unquestionably better than LeBron at (shooting, footwork), but users like pauk refuses to concede anything. It's like Kobe fans says he's better at defending or more athletic than LeBron.

NBA rookie of the year Kurosawa0's Avatar

Over the course of their careers, Kobe's the better shooter. Right now I'd say they're about equal. It's not like either of them is Ray Allen or anything.

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyWall
    See, this is how we know which users are irrational LeBron stans and which are legit fans. Users like RRR3 are willing to recognize the aspects of the game that Kobe is unquestionably better than LeBron at (shooting, footwork), but users like pauk refuses to concede anything. It's like Kobe fans says he's better at defending or more athletic than LeBron.
    Like I've said before, someone can insult Pauk's mom and diss Lebron in the same sentence, then Pauk would respond back defending his man crush Lebron and completely forget that someone insulted his own mother

Quote Originally Posted by donald_trump
    lol at brontards

a kobe fan doing what his hero kobe does best. emulate and copy others.
    I don't see what's wrong with Kobe using moves from other players. Other players do it all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by donald_trump
    lol at brontards

a kobe fan doing what his hero kobe does best. emulate and copy others.
    And here is the first one. Go back to the kitchen and make me a sandwich.

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

LeBron James is a better shooter now than he has ever been. He is a pretty solid shooter, and is very good above the 16-23 mark, better than Kobe.

It just that Kobe is the better all around shooter.

NBA lottery pick

What Shaq was really trying to say is that Kobe is just on another level.

He's saying Lebron has the killer instinct too (meaning he wants to be like Kobe) but he can't shoot like Kobe (meaning he just can't do what Kobe do, it's not a mentality issue, but a skill issue).

Quote Originally Posted by WADE MONEY
    In other news, Dwight Howard can jump higher than Steve Nash.
    Well, Nash actually had better vert than Dwight (pre-draft) when he entered the league...

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyWall
    to much bullshit from your mouth imo... is that how you retaliate? by calling anyhing you dont like irrational and anybody you dont like as psycho stans / homers?

im sorry mister... but i go ONLY by facts... go back to ANY of my posts you will see NOTHING was irrational.... why? because i use only facts....

what facts show is that:

1. lebron & kobe had similar accuracy from midrange (lebron was actually more accurate there last year) and longrange past few years... there is no significant difference today... the only significant difference was from 2003-04 to 2008-09 where Kobe was CLEARLY a more accurate midrange shooter... today? there is no significant difference at all... Lebron has improved there every year since his rookie year... source: NBA.com stats cube... which unfortunately is down right now

2. kobe is a better freethrow shooter... that you dont need any source for..

Ray Allen... Dirk Nowitzki... Steve Nash and so on.... THOSE are players who --->CLEARLY<--- are better shooters... from anywhere... but Kobe & Lebron ? No... i am not saying and i never said lebron is a better shooter.... all im saying is that none of them sepparate from eachother in that department unless you factor in freethrow shooting aswell....
    Last edited by pauk; 11-21-2011 at 12:26 AM.

College superstar The Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa0
    Over the course of their careers, Kobe's the better shooter. Right now I'd say they're about equal. It's not like either of them is Ray Allen or anything.
    Ray Allen career fg% .452
    Kobe Bryant career fg% .454

I can't believe Pauk actually believes that LeBron's shooting ability is better than Kobe's. Jesus christ, do you jack off to LBJ highlights every night before you sleep or you wake up and pray to a LBJ poster on your wall?

Quote Originally Posted by jamal99
    Well, Nash actually had better vert than Dwight (pre-draft) when he entered the league...
    well also including the height, not vert numbers. but yeah i see what you did there.

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist
    Ray Allen career fg% .452
    Kobe Bryant career fg% .454
    LeBron career fg% 48%....

FG% is shooting ability now?

Quote Originally Posted by JGXEN
    I can't believe Pauk actually believes that LeBron's shooting ability is better than Kobe's. Jesus christ, do you jack off to LBJ highlights every night before you sleep or you wake up and pray to a LBJ poster on your wall?
    and i cant believe you said that.... considering i didnt say it anywhere here...

look all im saying is that kobe is not better and lebron is not better either... TODAY they are equal from midrange (lebron shot actually a bit better there last season) and Lebron is also microscopically better at longrange (as in lebron shooting 1% better from longrange the last 2 seasons).... there is no significant difference... as lets say Dirk/Nash vs Lebron/kobe in the shooting department.... they dont CLEARLY sepparate themselves from eachother in that department... there is no big gap as once again lets say Nash vs Lebron/Kobe...

my point is... to say that Lebron is a better shooter is wrong and to say that Kobe is a better shooter TODAY is wrong aswell... unless you factor in freethrow shooting, thats really only where Kobe will shoot better than Lebron..
    Last edited by pauk; 11-21-2011 at 03:05 AM.