Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 15222324252627 LastLast

Default Re: Mass Effect 3 update

Quote Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
    Ugh. Bioware was given a perfect "out" with the Indoctrination Theory and didn't take advantage of it. It was something that made perfect sense for the entire series from start to finish and worked beautifully on an artistic level. To me it was either that or the ending (and a lot of ME3) was simply THAT poorly written. With these extended cuts, I now see it's the latter. Too bad.
    I agree the Indoctrination ending would have been way cooler though it doesn't really provide much resolution as far as an ending to a trilogy goes. I wouldn't really have a problem with that though.

Curious as to where they are going to go with the series now. I'd like it to pick up sometime after the events of 3 but I don't know how they would do that with how different things are based on whatever ending. And it would pretty much only work with the destroy ending with the galaxy in ruin and whatnot. Actually, hope they just go with that. "Remember when you chose the green ending? Fvck it, didn't happen"

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong
    Anyone hoping for the IT was fooling themselves. Bioware said all along the ending is what it was and they weren't going to change it.
    And it'd be absolutely stupid to change it as that would be admission to ****ing up. Besides, the ending was fine, just needed some explanation regarding what happened. My biggest thing was what happens to the quarians, that is explained now as the mass relays were being rebuilt.

Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10
    And it'd be absolutely stupid to change it as that would be admission to ****ing up. Besides, the ending was fine, just needed some explanation regarding what happened. My biggest thing was what happens to the quarians, that is explained now as the mass relays were being rebuilt.
    Yea, the extended endings make the whole thing a bit better. I'm still not thrilled with the star child deus ex ending, but they at least improved it a bit more and filled in some plot holes and gave themselves an out for future games (Mass Effect relays seen being rebuilt etc).

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/...s-effect-3-dlc

Apparently the DLC may contained clues to possible future DLC. Some rogue reaper mission. Could be cool, series has had tight DLC, really want an Omega DLC though.

Quote Originally Posted by The Macho Man
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/...s-effect-3-dlc

Apparently the DLC may contained clues to possible future DLC. Some rogue reaper mission. Could be cool, series has had tight DLC, really want an Omega DLC though.
    It'd be cool if they did a "take back Omega from Cerberus" DLC.

The extended cut did make things better. Each ending is much more defined and you kind of get to see the result of your decision, rather than just different colored explosions. And it filled in a few plot holes too, but still, the Normandy landing to pick your squad up while Harbinger was obliterating everything was ****ing stupid. I guess Harbinger thought it was a good idea to destroy everything but the giant ass ship that just landed in the middle of the battle. And how did Joker get there that fast? They just replaced a really obvious and bad plot hole with another plot hole.

Speaking of which, where the hell was Harbinger throughout the game? He's nowhere to be seen and then he just randomly shows up at the end. I thought Bioware was gonna expand on that character, but I guess not.
    Last edited by Heavincent; 06-29-2012 at 01:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    The extended cut did make things better. Each ending is much more defined and you kind of get to see the result of your decision, rather than just different colored explosions. And it filled in a few plot holes too, but still, the Normandy landing to pick your squad up while Harbinger was obliterating everything was ****ing stupid. I guess Harbinger thought it was a good idea to destroy everything but the giant ass ship that just landed in the middle of the battle. And how did Joker get there that fast? They just replaced a really obvious and bad plot hole with another plot hole.

Speaking of which, where the hell was Harbinger throughout the game? He's nowhere to be seen and then he just randomly shows up at the end. I thought Bioware was gonna expand on that character, but I guess not.
    I think they cut some stuff with Harbinger out, which sucks since he was the main bad guy from the 2nd game and he barely gets a cameo in the 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong
    I think they cut some stuff with Harbinger out, which sucks since he was the main bad guy from the 2nd game and he barely gets a cameo in the 3rd.
    Jut another reason for me to believe that Bioware was rushed by EA.

That much is obvious yeah.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Same thing happened with Dragon Age 2 which, IMO, has been the worst game Bioware has made.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Sad that I was such a MASSIVE Bioware homer/fan before ME3 and now it's all ruined for me. They sold out for EA like Fiasco said and I just didn't want to believe him but Bioware quality has undoubtedly went down significantly since EA took over. Still good games but not great like they used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Sad that I was such a MASSIVE Bioware homer/fan before ME3 and now it's all ruined for me. They sold out for EA like Fiasco said and I just didn't want to believe him but Bioware quality has undoubtedly went down significantly since EA took over. Still good games but not great like they used to be.
    EA is determined to ruin gaming.

But still, ME3's ending doesn't change how amazing 1 and 2 were. The first game is probably one of my 10 favorite games of all time, and 2 was also a blast. ME3 had some really awesome parts and moments (Rannoch and Tuchanka), but as an overall game, I don't think it was as good as the previous games.
    Last edited by Heavincent; 06-30-2012 at 01:17 AM.

Goddamn the multiplayer is boring.I guess i need to get galactic readiness to atleast 75%?Only on 63% and im really really bored of it.

Banned

o()xxx[{::::::::::::> SourPatchKids's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
    O: