Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Default Re: GT: Finals preview?! Grizzlies (10-1) vs Raptors (8-2) @7:30 eastern

Quote Originally Posted by TaLvsCuaL
    Good game Raptors fans

Memphis key players were too tired at the end of the game. Extremely short rotation. we miss Udrih, Allen, Lee and Koufos this game. Still they played very well despite everything. I'm happy.
    Yeah you could see that. They still almost had it.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Default Re: GT: Finals preview?! Grizzlies (10-1) vs Raptors (8-2) @7:30 eastern

- Ross was invisible during the first half but made some big shots later. Best of all, he stayed on the floor and kept Landry Fields off. Fields only got 4 minutes even with James Johnson out.

- Both Hayes and Stiemsma should be ahead of Hansbrough in the rotation. Patterson already gives them solid offense in the frontcourt off the bench so pair him up with a defender if Amir and Jonas both have to sit. The Raptors don't need whatever the hell they think Hansbrough gives them.

- Lowry missed a lot of good looks but I'm glad he kept shooting. Also, he should never pass it off to Demar late in a shot clock. Lowry should be taking more shots, Demar less.

- I hope Vasquez does something soon. Anything.

Quote Originally Posted by TaLvsCuaL
    Good game Raptors fans

Memphis key players were too tired at the end of the game. Extremely short rotation. we miss Udrih, Allen, Lee and Koufos this game. Still they played very well despite everything. I'm happy.
    It would have been a much tougher game. Memphis players all played pretty dam well considering

Lowry, an all-star, finally?

I think the Raps defense will continue to get better as the season goes on. Crazy, but I think this team has the potential to be Top 5 in both offense and defense this season if Casey can utilize his taller centers more.

Also, I know we beat an undermanned Grizzlies team off the bench, but the Memphis core all played very well (Gasol-Randolph-Conley) and did almost everything correctly to win this game in the end.

I agree with Q, Lowry should always try to be the guy taking the last shot. Was surprised he passed it to DeMar late because it looked like a clean look. If anything, he should have looked for Ross. Conley also defended Lowry as good as he could on that step back. The battle of the 2 most underrated PG's was a very good one. A stalemate tonight, IMO.