Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Default GT: Finals preview?! Grizzlies (10-1) vs Raptors (8-2) @7:30 eastern

No game thread yet so :

Lowry is going to beast. Jonas will hold his own. Raptors with the dramatic come back winner from Ross.

Let's gooo

Who ya got ish.. let's get this big exciting match up some love.

Default Re: GT: Finals preview?! Grizzlies (10-1) vs Raptors (8-2) @7:30 eastern

haha

Default Re: GT: Finals preview?! Grizzlies (10-1) vs Raptors (8-2) @7:30 eastern

Is this the first time the Naismith Cup features the best teams from each conferences?

20 years in the making!

So Raptors are again going to try to reconcile between fans and Vince Carter with a special tribute video tonight.

For me, let him retire first and we talk.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Burning, has that always been your avatar? I swear it used to be a turkey... And now that I look at it, I can't tell if my glancing made me think that was a turkey or that if you actually had a turkey as an avatar. Cooked turkey.

Basketball Genius

i hate the raptors commentators though

http://www.nba.com/games/20141119/MEMTOR/gameinfo.html

After making a huge statement against another Western Conference contender, the Memphis Grizzlies should take care not to overlook the current leader in the East.

The NBA-best Grizzlies, whose only loss came to an Eastern team, visit the Toronto Raptors on Wednesday night after being swept in last season's series.

The Grizzlies and Houston both entered Monday night's meeting at 9-1, but Memphis thoroughly dominated in a 119-93 home victory. The Rockets came in giving up a league-low 88.9 points per game before the Grizzlies shot 53.5 percent, including 7 for 17 from 3-point range, and had seven players reach double digits in points.

It's the type of performance that occasionally leads to a letdown, but Memphis should be able to stay focused by leaning on its mediocre performances last season against the Raptors, who won both meetings by double digits.

Toronto (8-2) held the Grizzlies below 88 points in both games and a combined 8 of 29 from 3-point range. Most recently, Memphis compiled just 16 assists -- one of its lowest totals of 2013-14 -- in a 99-86 defeat at Air Canada Centre on March 14.

Brooklyn was the only other Eastern team last season to sweep the Grizzlies, who are 19-6 against the conference since the start of 2014 despite losing 93-92 at Milwaukee on Nov. 8.

Mike Conley scored 19 points against Houston before departing in the third quarter with a sore shoulder, Courtney Lee added 15 and Zach Randolph 14 as Memphis supplanted the Rockets for the NBA's top defense at 91.5 points allowed per game.

"This team could easily come in and beat us by 30, and we came in and stayed focused," said Conley, who left as a precaution with Memphis up by 24. "I thought it was a good statement to the rest of the league that we're one of the teams to be reckoned with."

While a dominant defense was expected from the Grizzlies, who ranked third on that end last season, they've also displayed some vigor on offense during the franchise's best start to a season.

Memphis has clamped down when the offense struggles -- a 71-69 win at Charlotte on Nov. 1 is the prime example -- but has also topped the century mark when the defense falters, including high-scoring wins over Minnesota, the Los Angeles Lakers and Sacramento.

The Grizzlies likely need to bring their best on both ends against the Raptors, whose 100-93 home loss to Chicago on Thursday is their only total below 100 points.

Center Jonas Valanciunas referred to the loss as a "cold shower," and Toronto bounced back Saturday with its sixth win in seven games, shooting 51.2 percent overall and outscoring Utah 35-21 in the fourth quarter of a 111-93 home win.

DeMar DeRozan had 27 points and Valanciunas set season highs with 17 points and 14 rebounds for the Raptors. DeRozan was 10 of 16 from the floor after a combined 7-for-32 performance in the previous two contests.

"We're not where everyone is hyping us up to be, we still have a ways to go," coach Dwane Casey told Toronto's official website. "We still have a lot to learn, a lot to get through, to fight through to play at that elite level night in, night out."

A victory over the Grizzlies won't solidify the Raptors as an elite team this early in the season, but it would provide a boost before they host Milwaukee on Friday and visit LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers the next night.

Battle of Canada

Vince Carter gets a video tribute honour tonight by the Raptors.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBe
    i hate the raptors commentators though
    Please name 5 teams with better--- Helllllooooo

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    Vince Carter gets a video tribute honour tonight by the Raptors.
    10 years have gone so fast.

Wake me up, when Vince's career ends.

Conley and Lowry are the 2 most underrated PG's in the league, IMO.

Good High School Starter AussieG's Avatar

This is going to be a much better game than the other day against Rockets. Raptors at home will be tough. Watchout for Lowry. Lowry vs Conley battle with be big. Nothing against VC but he will have little impact compared to this PG battle.

Two hottest teams in the league.