Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Are there new moves that haven't been used yet? Or has everything been done?

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    I think I failed to make my point clearly. I wasn't trying to say the play was never, ever completed. Rather, I was attempting to say that some plays that existed before, simply evolve and popularize as time goes on, often to the extent of appearing like a new move altogether. And then from there, sometimes they become more common, as it seems that layup has the past 10 years. I was not trying to say no one did it for a 30 year span, but I understand how it came across in that manner.

I'll fully 100% admit to this though: the moment I saw "Paul Westphal" in your links, I realized that it was his play I saw on ESPN's Greatest Games (the Boston Triple OT), not Doug Collins. Chalk it up as a subconscious mid-90's head coach slip. Such an insane shot, considering what was at stake and whatnot.
    Gotcha...

True, crazy stuff and crazy game... Paul's a really underrated/overlooked player these days, he could ball. Tbh, Collins maybe even pulled something like that at some point, he was flashy and that was right up his alley, plus had many similarities to Westphal's game and played during the same time, so I understand the "confusion".

YouGotServed
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default Re: Are there new moves that haven't been used yet? Or has everything been done?

That wrist pass is sick. .

Quote Originally Posted by YouGotServed

The wrist pass is literally one of the most ridiculous basketball related things I've ever seen. I started laughing with my buddies when I first saw that Pistol mix. My brain was like surely you went temporarliy insane... would love to see that used in a game

Everyone go out their tomorrow and try to invent a new move.

Chris Paul likes to skip when he dribbles sometimes. It's like a hesitation for your feet.

My little brother fakes going behind the back and dribbles forward between he's legs. I'm still trying to convince him it's a stupid move.

Quote Originally Posted by YouGotServed
    Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    The wrist pass is literally one of the most ridiculous basketball related things I've ever seen. I started laughing with my buddies when I first saw that Pistol mix. My brain was like surely you went temporarliy insane... would love to see that used in a game
    You 1st see him do it on that display with Red, and you're like 'ok, that's a pretty cool move, takes plenty of practice to do effectively'; then you watch him pull it to perfection while running on a fastbreak, really making it work, making "the opponent eat air"... that's the type of basketball that leaves you like

Wrist-pass while in game? I only saw it once, from him (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuiOBLkMKdk)... but there's not much footage of him out there for grabs (such a shame), most likely he pulled that off plenty of more times.

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    Obviously someone, somewhere, might have done a "new" move at some point in time. But for the purposes of this discussion we're talking about widespread moves. Has everything been done already? Any new hooks or set shots or other old day moves that can be revived with a new twist?
    There's a no-look shot that I've seen someone do in the gym. He would post up back to basket but instead of turning around at the last second he just throws it without looking at all. Made it consistently too. Very hard to block since he also used pump fake and counter moves. If you try to overplay that shot he'd simply turn around and do a normal move which you're now in a bad position to defend.