Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default ESPN Insider Request: The Lakers have been better with Kobe on the bench

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Default Re: ESPN Insider Request: The Lakers have been better with Kobe on the bench

I'm 90% this guy stole this from my posts trolling Kobe fans with the on/off rating stuff.

Default Re: ESPN Insider Request: The Lakers have been better with Kobe on the bench

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar

Not written by him, though..

I rule the local playground

So what else is new?

They can't bring themselves to admit they were wrong about Kobe being the 40th best player so every week they write something to diminish him

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story...ing-lakers-nba

This follows a fascinating trend for Bryant. This isn't normal. Other high-volume scorers like Monta Ellis and LeBron actually see the reverse effect; they shoot less when down. But the further the game is out of the Lakers' reach, the thirstier Bryant is for jump shots.

This follows a fascinating trend for Bryant. This isn't normal. Other high-volume scorers like Monta Ellis and LeBron actually see the reverse effect; they shoot less when down. But the further the game is out of the Lakers' reach, the thirstier Bryant is for jump shots. We saw a similar effect back in the disastrous 2012-13 season.
    With Bryant on the floor, the Lakers are scoring a below-average 103.5 points per 100 possessions. One would think that without Bryant, the Lakers would fall apart once he hit the bench. After all, who else can hit shots other than him?

Instead, with Bryant out of the picture, the Lakers have run good stuff and have gotten healthy, open looks from the supporting cast. The result? They're scoring 109.5 points per 100 possessions with the future Hall of Famer on the bench. The team's assist rate climbs from 51.7 percent with Bryant up to 56.5 percent without him.
    This is the dumbest thing ever. No one who plays big minutes for LA will have a good +/- when they are 2-9 and uncompetitive for most games. And shame on Kobe for trying to win games even when things look bleak!

Yay, the Lakers scrubs can score during blowouts

That the entire article?

Can't tell me ESPN doesn't have a vendetta against Bean for some reason.

Espn

Does anyone still watch that shit? League pass thanks, don't need "expert" opinions from those chumps, may aswell just read posts from the Lebron family on here, same level of retardation

Very good NBA starter

Will somebody actually post the article?

This is so damning, it must mean the Lakers are clicking on all cylinders when he's not on the court. Let's take a look at Lin's on/off numbers then, since he's usually the primary ball handler when Kobe's not in.. oh wait.. his numbers are even worse. What does this mean?! Who's responsible for this efficient Laker offense without Kobe? Oh.. Jordan Clarkson during garbage time.

Quote Originally Posted by chazzy
    Yay, the Lakers scrubs can score during blowouts
    Right? I guarantee that at LEAST half of the data used was taken from 4th quarter blowouts where Kobe didn't play (GS/Rockets/Suns games come to mind).

I'm supposed to care how the Lakers third string matches up with opposing third strings in the 4th quarter of games that have already been decided?

The rent free joke on this forum is overused but god DAMN, this is the very definition of rent free. It's really pathetic. ESPN is embarrassing... but we already knew that.

Quote Originally Posted by sportjames23
    Can't tell me ESPN doesn't have a vendetta against Bean for some reason.

He called them a "bunch of ****ing morons" a few weeks ago so that's probably why

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    He called them a "bunch of ****ing morons" a few weeks ago so that's probably why
    Nah, they were trolling him before that. IIRC, he called them morons after they ranked him #40 in the League. But they've upped the trollery tenfold since then. It's just blatant as [COLOR="Black"]f[/COLOR]uck now.