Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default State your favorite NBA team's biggest free agency needs

State your favorite team, and
    - Biggest needs in free agency
    - What you hope happens
    - What might realistically happen

Do this for multiple teams, if you want.

Default Re: State your favorite NBA team's biggest free agency needs

Mavericks free agency needs:

• Conley and versatile big , who can play help defence and has enough agility for defend picks/switches ( Horford or Biyombo )

• Conley+Horford+ Marvin

• I don't know what will happen about Conley . Horford won't play for us . But we can get Biyombo , i guess .
    Last edited by insidehoops; 06-29-2016 at 12:38 PM.

Local High School Star fragokota's Avatar

Heat:

Keep Whiteside, get the best SF possible, hope Bosh gets to play bball again.
    Last edited by insidehoops; 06-29-2016 at 07:19 AM.

Lakers

Coming into this off season, our two biggest needs were at the SF and C positions, along with adding depth to the bench. We filled our need at SF with drafting Ingram and found a backup center in the draft in Zubac. Now we have to focus on finding a DEFENSIVE center who can do work for the team without the ball in his hands.

When it comes to that in free agency, I got my eyes on younger players like Whiteside/Biyombo/Ezeli, and then two veterans in Horford and Noah. Best case scenario would be Whiteside followed by Horford, only because of age, but realistically if Whiteside decides to go back to Miami and Horford says no, I can definitely see Biyombo or Ezeli signing with us (Biyombo, preferably).

We also need a backup PG, which is yet to be determined who we are interested in and who is interested in us.

Kings:

WE NEED MORE CENTERS.

Right now we have Cousins, WCS, Koufos, Papagiannis and Skal

We simply need more centers.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Raptors:

Nothing really. Team pretty much peaked with the core we have this past year. Don't see us having a shot of beating Cleveland barring getting Durant, which obviously isn't going to happen.

I suppose we need to replace Biyombo, given that he's probably getting a lot of money. Maybe buy low on Ezeli?

Good High School Starter Bernkastel's Avatar

Nets: Draft picks

Mavs - get rid of Parsons. Get Marvin Williams. Attempt for Conley and Whiteside (very unlikely). Over pay for Biyombo or Horford if not Whiteside.

Resign D-Will.

College superstar

Bulls' biggest need, as it has been for a while now, is another shot creator on the perimeter. Secondary would be an athletic Center.

Realistic outcome is that they don't do anything (they almost never do) other than signing bit role players, if that. Players like Hinrich and Mozgov are what I expect.

My preferred (realistic) option, though, would be Cole, Bazmore and Biyombo. That doesn't fill the "shot creator" void very well, but this FA class doesn't have many affordable options there. I'd take a flyer on Lawson, but only if he's willing to come cheaply and/or on a very short contract.

Adding in something new, my under-the-radar guys (guys that not many are thinking about as good players, but could explode this upcoming season) in this FA class are:
    Bazemore
    Turner
    Rush
    Hairston
    Cole
    Galloway
    Fournier
    Ronnie Price
    Ross

Celtics

- Rim Protection
    - 3 pt. Shooting

Cavaliers

Veteran Role Players
    Young Backup Center

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Wally450
    Celtics

- Rim Protection
    - 3 pt. Shooting
    Funny that they reportedly turned down Noel (rim protecting), Covington (3p shooting) and picks 24 and 26 for the 3rd pick.

Good college starter Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

GSW
    needs - depth everywhere besides PG. They may lose a lot, having just Bogs, Dray, Klay, Steph, Iggy, and Looney under contract, while Livingston is expected to re-sign. There are the 2 rooks - a C and a SG - so that helps. So a SF, better/veteran big/stretch 4 seem like they should be paramount. Maybe a better/veteran backup SG, too.

my hopes - really? KD would be amazeballs. He's one of my favorite players. I like Horford too, but I'd prefer he go to a team he can play his more natural PF. If they get KD, tho, what else can they afford for depth if they also have to sacrifice Bogs, Iggy, or both? My hopes are pretty much nothing really, since I have faith in whatever Myers does.

realistically - I think they'll realize KD may break them up too much. Instead, I think GSW goes for depth, while still getting quality. I think GSW gets semi-local hero Ryan Anderson, Luol Deng, Jared Dudley, Lance Thomas, ring-chaser David West, and bring Steve Blake back. Myers is feeling generous and wants to give some vets their ring. Something along those lines. That'd give them:

Bogut
    Draymond
    Deng
    Klay
    Steph
    -------
    D Jones
    R Anderson
    D West
    Looney
    Iggy
    L Thomas
    J Dudley
    McCaw
    Livingston
    Blake

That's still a title contender, imo. We all know Kerr can make it happen.

Sac
    needs - PG should be priority #1. Next up is shooting, perimeter D, a true PF, a young SF to replace Gay. Yeah...alot.

hopes - A miracle happens and Conley signs to play for Joerger again. And Ryan Anderson returns home. Cousins is traded to a contender (to make him happy), LAL (to make him think he's happy), or a team closer to home (to make him happy). A PF/wing/PG (whatever Kings still need) is a must, as well as 1-3 1st rnders. I've posted numerous proposed trades to GSW, Lakers, Celtics, Heat, Suns on these forums, but Hawks, Hornets, Rockets, and Bulls are all teams I'd like trades with.

realistically - who the f*ck knows.

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    Raptors:

Nothing really. Team pretty much peaked with the core we have this past year. Don't see us having a shot of beating Cleveland barring getting Durant, which obviously isn't going to happen.

I suppose we need to replace Biyombo, given that he's probably getting a lot of money. Maybe buy low on Ezeli?
    What about Derozen? He expected to stay?
    Last edited by Dr. Cheesesteak; 06-29-2016 at 12:02 PM.

Celtics:

Rim protection and guys who can make shots.

I Rep the Thunder! Thunderfan86's Avatar

OKC Thunder:

- Kevin Durant
    - He stays
    - He stays