Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Top 1 Bball Mind.

Default Re: Yea **** I said it, Durant probably gonna endup being better offensive player than MJ

Not a better offensive player - better scorer maybe. He's not a better offensive player than Lebron either.

Default Re: Yea **** I said it, Durant probably gonna endup being better offensive player than MJ

No...just no. And I'm a huge Durant fan.

However, I do think he has the ability to finish his career considered the second greatest perimeter scorer of all-time behind Jordan. Not offensive player, but scorer.

Banned

that 52 point game was lame as hell though
    only 13 field goals, the highlight was stupid

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    No...just no. And I'm a huge Durant fan.

However, I do think he has the ability to finish his career considered the second greatest perimeter scorer of all-time behind Jordan. Not offensive player, but scorer.

Samurai Swoosh

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    KD is a better shooter; a MORE complete offensive player, though? No way.
    A better shooter, that's all. You can tell certain fans on ISH don't understand the fundamental difference between shooter and scorer. Bird was a better shooter than Mike too, I wouldn't call him a better scorer.

No way, no how is Durant the better scorer. And like it's insinuated, he's babied by the league because of how meek he is ...

Can you imagine this dude going up against Riley's Knicks? He would get BODIED like no tomorrow by Oak and Mason.

He'd be crying out there like he did to momma after he lost in the Finals. That long game works in this league where you can't touch folks, but when this game was a SPORT and not a mass marketed, fantasy sports, highlight factory for ESPN.

You could touch people. Which means his scrawny ass would have use his frame to play efficient basketball for a 6'11 dude, IE in the post. His first step is too slow with hand check to do what he's doing in this league.

Catch and shoot he's impressive though. MJ had that skill though. That's something even Bron and Kobe don't have. The ability to score quickly and efficiently off a pass.

MJ on the other hand has all the footwork, post game, off the dribble skills ... including a LIGHTNING fast penetration ability, monster hands, strong finisher, creative elusive finisher.

Take you off the dribble, or give you that jumper. MJ is clearly the better ISO and team framework scorer. He was a SG who averaged 30+ in the triangle, rarely if ever selfishly breaking the team offense to get his.

its funny how kobe fans are standing up for MJ when compared to durant

Banned

He not even a better offensive player than Lebron. He could have a chance as a better scorer than MJ but not offensive player.

Quote Originally Posted by gengiskhan
    Just wont. 25-26 ppg is realistic for Durant. 30 ppg wont happen. You need to be built like 'Nique or Clyde. muscular & quick with ability to withstand physical assault.

wiery durant will be falling a lot off those physical plays. Every team played physical back then. Best scorer was often thrashed to the floor as making a statement by opposition.

Durant cannot take that beating. taking more rest. loosing playing time.

all that adds up to 25 ppg which is still brilliant late '80s wise.

hush

5-time NBA All-Star

OFFENSIVELY, its not crazy to say that. He can be super efficient, will probably have the greatest range in the game, no handle limitations, he's super long, he will get stronger, there is no match-up that's conceivable of stopping him, and his catch and shoot is incomparable. He might have 8 scoring titles and six years of 50/40/90. The only guys capable of slowing him down are usually four inches shorter. Jordan was a great perimeter defender and I just can't see him affecting Durant. While I don't see anybody guarding Jordan either, Durant is just more deadly from 3 point land.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Quote Originally Posted by chazzy

hush
    pace was much higher then.

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gengiskhan
    Just wont. 25-26 ppg is realistic for Durant. 30 ppg wont happen. You need to be built like 'Nique or Clyde. muscular & quick with ability to withstand physical assault.

wiery durant will be falling a lot off those physical plays. Every team played physical back then. Best scorer was often thrashed to the floor as making a statement by opposition.

Durant cannot take that beating. taking more rest. loosing playing time.

all that adds up to 25 ppg which is still brilliant late '80s wise.
    Durant is the better shooter and a better FT shooter than both of them. And back then, they didn't guard the long ball as much as they do now except for special cases. Durant shooting would shock them and the ability to take you off the dribble. He would definitely average 28-30 ppg if he wanted to. He is too lengthy to guard. He could go down as one of the NBA's best shooters in history at this rate.

The only thing he would have trouble with would if Durant goes inside where the bigs and others would give him a hard foul.

But most superstars could dominate in any era. Durant has the shooting touch to do so.

MJ's CAREER average is the same as Durant's highest scoring season. Might as well say Adrian Dantely was a better scorer than MJ, or Gervin since he was more efficient.

Quote Originally Posted by Money 23
    A better shooter, that's all. You can tell certain fans on ISH don't understand the fundamental difference between shooter and scorer. Bird was a better shooter than Mike too, I wouldn't call him a better scorer.

No way, no how is Durant the better scorer. And like it's insinuated, he's babied by the league because of how meek he is ...

Can you imagine this dude going up against Riley's Knicks? He would get BODIED like no tomorrow by Oak and Mason.

He'd be crying out there like he did to momma after he lost in the Finals. That long game works in this league where you can't touch folks, but when this game was a SPORT and not a mass marketed, fantasy sports, highlight factory for ESPN.

You could touch people. Which means his scrawny ass would have use his frame to play efficient basketball for a 6'11 dude, IE in the post. His first step is too slow with hand check to do what he's doing in this league.

Catch and shoot he's impressive though. MJ had that skill though. That's something even Bron and Kobe don't have. The ability to score quickly and efficiently off a pass.

MJ on the other hand has all the footwork, post game, off the dribble skills ... including a LIGHTNING fast penetration ability, monster hands, strong finisher, creative elusive finisher.

Take you off the dribble, or give you that jumper. MJ is clearly the better ISO and team framework scorer. He was a SG who averaged 30+ in the triangle, rarely if ever selfishly breaking the team offense to get his.

Samurai Swoosh

Quote Originally Posted by Derivative
    its funny how kobe fans are standing up for MJ when compared to durant
    Durant is a better shooter, I still take Kobe's scoring skill set over Durant.

Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard
    OFFENSIVELY, its not crazy to say that. He can be super efficient, will probably have the greatest range in the game, no handle limitations, he's super long, he will get stronger, there is no match-up that's conceivable of stopping him, and his catch and shoot is incomparable. He might have 8 scoring titles and six years of 50/40/90. The only guys capable of slowing him down are usually four inches shorter. Jordan was a great perimeter defender and I just can't see him affecting Durant. While I don't see anybody guarding Jordan either, Durant is just more deadly from 3 point land.

Thats ridiculous and down right unrealistic.