Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: How do you rebuild the Lakers?

Quote Originally Posted by J-Futuristic
    Gasol for Al Horford and filler
    Hmmmmm

Interesting actually, I'd definitely consider this but I'm not sure our front office would.

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

trade everyone not named Bryant and Bynum

Force Fisher to retire
    Draft or trade for a starting PG
    Draft a shooter off the bench
    Stop playing Bynum and Gasol together. It's dumb

Learning to shoot layups

fisher, artest, blake out. get felton or lawson from nuggets, a mikael peitrus type perimeter defender, and just wave to artest :)

Quote Originally Posted by skaterbasist
    You keep your core: Kobe, Gasol, Bynum, and Odom. And get rid of everyone else.

Why would you get rid of one of your best players?

exactly, why would you rebuild arguably the most talented team in the nba- seems like the pau offcourt issues are a huge factor. add a serviceable pg and a solid bench shooter and i will take them to win the 2012 title.

NBA Superstar

you rebuild because they look old and slow. you all are the same people who made excuses for how bad they looked during parts of the season like they were going to turn it on in the playoffs. now you're all making more excuses like its just some fluke they got swept

Very good NBA starter

Its very risky....If you trade Bynum you risk trading away a 23 year old 22-11 player with great defense and 2 blocks.

If you keep Gasol, he continues to suck in LA because he doesnt like playing with current team.

You have Lamar Odom whos not aged as bad but in the next 2 years he will.
    Dont wanna keep him til hes hard to trade.

Biggest move they desperately need is Dwight Howard who I think fixes defense right away. Teams want Bynum more than Gasol. You find out whats wrong with Gasol and you work it out.

To get Howard it will take Bynum/Odom and Probably Brown...but if lakers can get Howard and Jameer nelson that would be a great trade.

Next is they need either a good shooting,defensive athletic SG or a defensive minded easy buckets SF. At this stage in their careers Artest and Barnes are great back up depth players.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Default Who wants to go to the Lakers now?

The off season will be filled with plenty of speculation and rumors, but who's actually willing to join them?

I'd be surprised if Gasol and Bynum stay, Phil aint gonna coach them anymore, how much money can the Lakers offer?

And of course the last and possibly the most important reason why many players may not want to join the Lakers.....

KOBE.

Who wants to play with this dude?

Players were hesitant to play with him in the past when he was in his prime, now that he's clearly on the decline, hasn't matured much, has proved that he's not a leader, and that his wife is a homewrecking snitch, who wants to join this team?

Now..... let us assume for a moment, that Gasol and Kobe patch things up and Gasol stays (I don't see why he would after the beating he's taking by L.A. fans). How can Kobe convince a player that he's got shit under control and that history won't repeat itself?

Laker fans.... get ready.

Banned

Default Re: Who wants to go to the Lakers now?

i honestly dont think that 90% of posts today including this have been written and the writer has actually believed in what hes posting.

its like u just post something for a reply, even tho u know ur wrong an idiot. hilarious

Banned

Haven't seen you around for a while..

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RazorBaLade
    i honestly dont think that 90% of posts today including this have been written and the writer has actually believed in what hes posting.

its like u just post something for a reply, even tho u know ur wrong an idiot. hilarious
    Huh?

Razorblade only saying what he is saying because this thread is so true. It stunned him, and now he juss mad.

Miami is good fo the next 7 years. Chicago as well, and OKC. Lakers r jelly.

Biased Troll

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    Now..... let us assume for a moment, that Gasol and Kobe patch things up and Gasol stays (I don't see why he would after the beating he's taking by L.A. fans).

Umm, he doesnt really have a choice.

But yeah, Kobe is known around the league as a ballhogging, chucking diva. And there is nothing in his personality to suggest he will change his approach as his skills decline. So he's gonna be making 20M the next few years and those jumpers are gonna keep coming from farther away, and going in less often, but still flying out his hands at the same rate. It's gonna get pretty ugly.

Local High School Star

poor kobe.. he is forever going to remember riding shaqs coattails and gasols.