Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Default Re: Skip Bayless' and Stephen A. Smith's top 5

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus
    Well, it's the same stupid media who's still trying to make a hero out of him, hence the #1 spot on ESPN's list, even though he has failed three times in a row now (last one being accepted by even his biggest worshipers).

ESPN: Cavs are favorite in 2009 and 2010.. (they lose)
    LeBron fans: ESPN doesn't know shit about basketball

ESPN: LeBron lost but he's #1
    LeBron fans: Yay! ESPN YOU ROCKS! You got it RIGHT!

So much hypocrisy.

Quote Originally Posted by Phong
    I don't feel the need to convince anybody of anything, even less myself. Gave my opinion because somebody asked. Take it or leave it. Instead you can't leave it. The idea that LeBron is not beloved by everybody really annoys you.

Do you feel better about LeBron failing in the Finals since ESPN released their list? Do you think LeBron feels any better?

Like I said, only people who don't have the hardware fight over irrelevant lists.
    Phong shits on rrr3 and lebrick prostitues

repped

Quote Originally Posted by Phong

ESPN: Cavs are favorite in 2009 and 2010.. (they lose)
    LeBron fans: ESPN doesn't know shit about basketball

ESPN: LeBron lost but he's #1
    LeBron fans: Yay! ESPN YOU ROCKS! You got it RIGHT!

So much hypocrisy.
    ESPN: Kobe was up for the best player in the league since 2000
    Kobe Fans: See, he's easily the best player of the decade, look at what ESPN says. He's better than Shaq.

ESPN: Kobe ranked #8 currently in the NBA.
    Kobe Fans: ESPN sucks dick. LeBron is terrible, not even top 5, all they do is push the LeBron agenda!!!

Works both ways.

My list:
    1. LeBron/Dwight
    2. Dwight/LeBron
    3. Wade
    4. Dirk
    5. Kobe/KD
    6. KD/Kobe

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    He failed once for sure. 2009-10 is arguable, but that team wouldn't have beat the Lakers anyways, and the Celtics were simply a better TEAM. Anyone who thinks LeBron "failed" in 2008-09 is just deluding themselves. 38/9/9 (including a "CLUTCH!!!!" buzzer beater to win a game) or whatever he averaged against the Magic is failing? Damn, holding LeBron to the highest standards in history, eh? He must be pretty damn great then.
    Cleveland looked so comfortable in their wins, and they went back to Cleveland with a 2-2 tie. Then Lebron decided to disappear. 15 points in pivotal game 5 with only 3/14 shooting, and the emptiest triple double of all time along with 9 turnovers in game 6.

All of the ESPN experts had picked Cavs to win that series.

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Wade - Has not won a playoff series since 2006... with other words he has been "choking" all the time since 2006... and if he wouldnt have been blessed with that stacked team he once had, he would have probably NEVER won a playoff series...

Lebron - Has won playoffs series since 2006... with a much worse team.. with other words.. he has NOT been "choking" as much as Wade.. he came in to the NBA joining the worst team in the NBA and they became one of the best teams in the NBA... he left them and that same team immediately became the worst team in the NBA...

again lets not dwell over a players Championship 100 years ago.... its about RIGHT NOW... and RIGHT NOW.... WADE IS NOT BETTER... FACTS PROVE THAT...
    2011 finals cough cough

Rip Samurai Swoosh L8kersfan222's Avatar

damn rr3 getting dix put in his mouth

Decent college freshman Doctor Rivers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
    Wade - winner
    Lebron - choker

is that simple enough for you?
    works for me

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    ofcourse you dont.... despite everything i said being the truth... mostly you dont listen because you know im right... and because you are a Lebron hater....

i dont justifty ANYTHING of lebron... he blowed in the Finals.... its not about justifying....

its about being REALISTIC...............

its about proving your STUPID LOGIC....

my point is that it simply being the "FINALS" has nothing to do with it like you suggest.......... ITS THE MAVS that made him play like he played....... just like how the MAVS made Kobe played........... THE BETTER TEAM WON... WHETHER IT WAS THE FINALS OR PRE-SEASON....

whether he would have faced them in the 1st round or in the Finals.... the outcome would have been the same............ not if the series was replayed but whatever....

my point is to show how stupid your logic is.......... you are sitting here and acting like Lebron would play like that against ANYBODY in the Finals....... just because..... IT IS THE FINALS *extremly scary voice*.....

if even the Cavs would play him in the FINALS.... he would be the same... just because IT IS THE FINALS *in super scary voice*.......... that is your logic...

FOR EXAMPLE.... I HATE KOBE.......... BUT I WOULD NEVER EVER CALL HIM A CHOKER OR HAVING NO HEART OR SOME BULLSHIT LIKE THAT....... BECAUSE HE HAS PROVED HE HAS THIS OVER AND OVER.......... JUST LIKE LEBRON HAS DONE.......

STOP WITH THAT BS.... THERE IS NO SUCH THING AMONGST THESE PLAYERS......... ITS AS SIMPLE AS KOBE & LEBRON SIMPLY HAVE AN OFF NIGHT.... MISS A SHOT... FACING A BETTER TEAM WHICH WINS...... AND SO ON.......

ITS REALLY THAT SIMPLE................................. THIS IS PROFESSIONAL MENS BASKETBALL........ THE BEST PLAYERS IN THE WORLD........... NOT YOUR LOCAL GIRLS HIGH SCHOOL TEAM..........
    I disagree... It doesn't matter how good you are at something, at the end of the day some games and some shots mean more and it becomes harder. You second guess yourself, start trying to change things, etc. Things are clearly more intense in the finals than in the first round, intensity is everyone playing harder.. .Meaning you have less time to make decisions... Meaning if you aren't confident that what you're about to do which will decide the game of your life is not the right thing, and you take the extra split second, you'll miss the open lane and resort to taking a shitty jumper. simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by asdf1990
    Really what about the whole process before the finals, the season isn't just 4-7 games. melo has never been there, kobe isn't gonna get there anymore, dwight got there once and lost to the hawks in the first round this year. Wade wouldn't have gotten to the finals had lebron not carried him in the ECF.

U can't just say I can think of 8 players who could average more than 18pts in the finals when 6 of those players didn't even make the finals to begin with this past season.

Lebron is, was and will be the best player whenever the next season starts.

to both of you: I'm not saying bron isn't top 5 best players in the league lol, I just mean for their list to not be ridiculous it would have to be a "series for all the marbles" type list and which player you'd take. At this point, knowing lebron in the finals twice, I'd definitely take my chances with durant and melo who have never been there before.. I would be more shocked that they don't avg more than 18 pts and play scared than if Lebron came in to another finals and continued to play passive scared and poorly.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    When you can learn to seperate your hatred of LeBron from your attempts at legitimately debating something, then I will take you seriously. Until then, I will continue to regard you as a troll.
    Then stop responding to my posts only to a point where you have no comeback that you feel the need to just post a smily or type some bs like you did above.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus
    Then stop responding to my posts only to a point where you have no comeback that you feel the need to just post a smily or type some bs like you did above.
    lebron fans are idiots