Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Default Re: Why didn't OKC go after Kerr this past offseason?

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    Scott Brooks isnt going anywhere because Durant and Westbrook constantly vouch for him.

No excuses.
    but i must be honest, it's amazing how just two games can restore your faith.

if you look at durant's game this year, his shot allocation profile is different, more mature - he plays MOSTLY off-ball.... and he posts up and SEEKS turnarounds and pull-ups as a standard - this is important, because those are the shots that playoff defenses can't stop - those are the shots that truly dominant playoff performances invariably include a lot of.

his shot profile last year was much more off-the-dribble and stand-still 3's - the stuff playoff defenses CAN clamp down on when they have to... i have always believed that durant's greatness (and westbrook's) can overcome brooks' incompetence, IF durant plays the right way (like dirk with the aforementioned shot profile, but more athletic).

Decent college freshman

GSW owners also enabled Kerr to offer more lucrative gigs to assistance coaches- they gaves bigger contracts to guys like Gentry and Ron Adams, two highly respected coaches, to lure them away from the Clippers and Bulls. Kerr intended to build a great staff and Lacob gave him carte blanche to hire whomever he wanted. You'd know better than me, but I honestly doubt OKC's owners would have had the same attitude towards building out a pricey staff.

Scott Brooks is holding them back. You cant just run YMCA offense in the NBA. It is sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Rose'sACL
    why not call kobe a bitch as he has done so with pretty much every coach including phil jackson? i know you were a lakers/kobe fan and moved on to KD when it was clear kobe was not going to give lebron any competition.
    You're such a moron.

Quote Originally Posted by Rose'sACL
    why not call kobe a bitch as he has done so with pretty much every coach including phil jackson? i know you were a lakers/kobe fan and moved on to KD when it was clear kobe was not going to give lebron any competition.

I thought OKC fans had resigned to the fact that Brooks wasn't going anywhere by now?

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Clay Bennett.

Serious.

Scott Brooks is signed through the 2016-2017 season on a contract that has him making 4.5 million per season.

The Golden State Warriors signed Steve Kerr to a 25 million dollar contract paying him 5 million per season.

Clay Bennett didn't want to fire Brooks and hire Kerr, because he would go from paying 4.5 million in salary to 9.5 million in salary (he would still have to pay Brooks for the remainder of his contract).

Clay Bennett is way too cheap to let something like winning get in the way of saving money.