Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Memphis offered 6 million per season to Teodosic

Quote Originally Posted by Fiba basketball
    You know what, this is a first time I saw you post about European basketball withoute trolling it would be nice if you continue like this.
    I think he could be a starter not just a role player but we will see.
    he got worried when the gabepizza alias was exposed.

I feel devotion Fiba basketball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    Can't you see that Rooster is a troll? He's one of gabepizza's aliases.

About Obradovic, you won't admit it and I know you won't because he's Serbian and every time I tried to criticize him you argued with me.

But Obradovic has an EXTREMELY LOW moral character. Teodosic is a definite huge head case with horrible attitude, but I don't think he's a bad guy.

He just has a horrible temper and lack of self control. But I don't think he's a scum bag or bad guy even.

Nice guys can only last so long until they can no longer stand the sight of Obradovic. Guys that are not bad guys, but have a temper or an edge like Milos might last a little longer, but they too will not be able to stomach Obradovic very long.

You have to be a huge psychopath dirt bag, scum bag total POS like Diamantidis, Batiste, or Tsartsaris is to really be able to get along with Obradovic very well.

Like you say he had bad relationship with Spanoulis.......Spanoulis is a nice guy, probably nicest pro athlete you can ever meet in your life.

That won't work with Obradovic because of what a total scum he is. Teodosic will eventually tire of his ass and blow up on him. It's not like being coached by Giannakis that is old school but has an honest character.

Or being coached by Messina that has questionable character but he never is known to be bad to players. Not like being coached by Ivkovic that might get way to strict with players but he won't do back handed things to players.

Obradovic is a really scumbag POS and that's why you need psychopath owners like in PAO and psychopath players like Diamantidis to fit to him.

Teodosic does not need such a coach to get better. He just needs to reign in his own out of control ego.
    I agree about Teodosic but not about Obradovic.

Yes Obradovic isn't the best person on the world but he isn't as bad as you wrote. He coached a lot of great players like Djordjevic, Danilovic, Bodiroga and worked with a lot of head coaches and is great friend with some of them like Ivkovic and since non of them are horrible people or said bad things about him I don't think that he is bad.

Euroleague point guards are much bigger than NBA point guards idiot.

And Teodosic would never play point guard in NBA. He's a ball dominant two guard, even in Europe. Only coach that thinks differently is Messina.

In every other team in Europe he has been on, he played as a ball dominant two guard.

Also, Antic is SERBIAN.

Since you are so keen about facts. Let's talk actual facts. His parents are Serbs.
    who said anything about who is bigger or if antic is serbian or not... learn to read better, idiot.

fact is teodosic would get burned worse than calderon on defense.. who cares if he is tall when those black guards will run past him like he is a f*cking joke... if he plays sg it would be even worse..

Quote Originally Posted by Fiba basketball
    I agree about Teodosic but not about Obradovic.

Yes Obradovic isn't the best person on the world but he isn't as bad as you wrote. He coached a lot of great players like Djordjevic, Danilovic, Bodiroga and worked with a lot of head coaches and is great friend with some of them like Ivkovic and since non of them are horrible people or said bad things about him I don't think that he is bad.
    He's got terrible character, just like the owners of Panathinaikos and Diamantidis.

Quote Originally Posted by alenleomessi
    who said anything about who is bigger or if antic is serbian or not... learn to read better, idiot.

fact is teodosic would get burned worse than calderon on defense.. who cares if he is tall when those black guards will run past him like he is a f*cking joke... if he plays sg it would be even worse..
    You are a moron. First, Teodosic is much better at defense than Calderon is..............PLEASE

Calderon makes Jasikevicius look like a defensive stopper.

Second, Teodosic is only bad at defending PG, he's never been bad at defending SG, and certainly many NBA shooting guards are worse on defense than he is.

So you are totally FULL OF SHIT. If Teodosic was even half as bad on defense as you falsely claim, he would have never played a second under coaches like Giannakis and Ivkovic.

In fact, just comparing to the CSKA team he plays on, he's WAY BETTER AT DEFENSE THAN SONNY WEEMS BY FAR AND AWAY.

Sonny Weems was a starter in the NBA at shooting guard position. So just drop the bullshit.

And "fastest point guard in NBA" Ty Lawson was not running past anyone when he played in Euroleague.

Besides the fact that even at PG he's much better at defense than Calderon by far, and Calderon has been a starter in NBA for years and years. You are completely and totally full of shit and are just another NBA only fan.

Teodosic should be used to guard SG, as he is bad at defending PG position, but truth be told, EVERY POINT GUARD IN NBA IS BAD AT DEFENSE.

You cannot even hand check and there is a defensive 3 seconds rule and no true zone defense. No NBA team cares about defense from a PG.

Patrick freaking Beverley is considered a defensive lock down defender in NBA and he was cut by Olympiacos because Spanoulis torched him so bad in Greek finals.

Freaking Chris Paul is considered a good defender in NBA and he would be easily one of worst defenders at point guard position in Euroleague.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 07-28-2013 at 09:07 PM.

Local High School Star Andrew Wiggins's Avatar

euroleague. you obviously understand the game but why do you post on an nba forum if you hate it so much?

sonny weems started 1/3rd of his games in the nba btw

Russell Westbrook is the fastest player I've seen

from some sources in serbia. milos had turned down the offer from memphis.
    milos was obradovic's wish from the very begging in fener, so i think he found the way to deal with milos's temper or is most likely to find. bo mccaleb is going to CSKA

Quote Originally Posted by duskovujosevic
    from some sources in serbia. milos had turned down the offer from memphis.
    milos was obradovic's wish from the very begging in fener, so i think he found the way to deal with milos's temper or is most likely to find. bo mccaleb is going to CSKA
    If this is true, then Messina is a strange guy and I have no idea what CSKA manager Vatutin is doing............

42 million euros budget for this:

Bo McCalebb/Jeremy Pargo/Evgeniy Voronov
    Vitaly Fridzon/Aaron Jackson/Aleksey Zozulin
    Sonny Weems/Vladimir Micov/Alexander Gudumak
    Viktor Khryapa/Kyle Hines/Andrey Vorontsevich
    Sasha Kaun/Nenad Krstic/Grigoriy Shuhovtsov

42 million euros for THAT?

Of course guys like Brown, Farmar, Calathes would get offered NBA minimum, while Spanoulis and Teodosic way more than that.

Teodosic is obviously way better than all these Euroleague point guards the NBA drooled over like Brandon Jennings, Ty Lawson, Ricky Rubio, Gary Neal, Goran Dragic, Brian Roberts, Gal Mekel, Will Bynum, Jose Calderon, etc.

I mean way better, as most of those guys were scrubs or just average players in Europe.

But remember that NBA likes to take the best European players in Europe and then bench them in NBA. They do that as a way to show "NBA is superior" and all the NBA only fans fall for their tricks.

Teodosic knows what happened to Petrovic in Portland, Jasikevicius in Golden State, Spanoulis in Houston, Macijauskas in New Orleans and he needs to be VERY careful.

Because this is one of the NBA's oldest marketing schemes and tricks - to take a European star from Europe, then bench him in NBA to prove NBA "superiority".

They don't do that to guys that sucked in Europe like Rubio, or that were barely average in Europe like Calderon, but they do it to top players in Europe.

Even Navarro was not used properly in NBA, and admitted he only even got playing time because the coach told him they were tanking so he could play, just not in a role suited to him. He even said though the coach told him if the team was not tanking that he would have been benched.

If NBA will do it to Navarro, Petrovic, Spanoulis, Jasikevicius, then Teodosic better realize that he might be the next European star that NBA is targeting to ruin his reputation. Remember that all of those above players except Petrovic had their reputations permanently ruined and their career legacies permanent destroyed by the NBA.

So that now ALL NBA fans call them "scrubs". Petrovic would be in same category if he left NBA after Blazers as he originally planned to do.

I would guess that Teodosic is the new target of NBA marketing scheme to destroy his image, and turn him into the next "Euroleague star that is a scrub in NBA".

I am sure that is what is really going on here. But it seems like he was smart enough not to fall for it. It seems like after the NBA did this so many times to those above players, that stars in Europe no longer fall for it and NBA will have to come up with a new scheme.
    C'mon man, this is tin-foil hat,conspiracy theorist bullshit. If a team invests money to sign a player, they will make sure to give him PT to see if he clicks. If he does not, they get rid of him. I know there are some asshole coaches and not all european players can adapt to the NBA game, but this conspiracy theory is ridiculous. I'm pretty sure Spanoulis would've done a better job in some other team, but let's not pretend that he would dominate the NBA if given starter minutes. Petrovic was a beast and he proved himself with the Nets, who gave him a starter role because of it. Why the Nets coach did not sit him like you say they did to Spanoulis?

The ISH'ers Champion!

Dang.....this shit derailed in like the third post...

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker
    C'mon man, this is tin-foil hat,conspiracy theorist bullshit. If a team invests money to sign a player, they will make sure to give him PT to see if he clicks. If he does not, they get rid of him. I know there are some asshole coaches and not all european players can adapt to the NBA game, but this conspiracy theory is ridiculous. I'm pretty sure Spanoulis would've done a better job in some other team, but let's not pretend that he would dominate the NBA if given starter minutes. Petrovic was a beast and he proved himself with the Nets, who gave him a starter role because of it. Why the Nets coach did not sit him like you say they did to Spanoulis?
    Petrovic was benched in Blazers and only NBA team would even trade for him was the Nets. He would be labeled as "scrub" by all NBA fans if he left Blazers as he almost did and went back to Europe.

It's fact.

It's absolute fact.

You can just scan through current list of NBA players at NBA.com not only are there tons of American scrubs, but there are tons of European scrubs also.

I am sure NBA just wanted to sign Teodocis to bench him, then say "see NBA is superior".

They did it many times before. Pekovic almost left NBA after his rookie season because of how they were treating him, and this whole forum except me and Fiba were calling him "scrub that can dominate in Europe but can never make it in NBA superior league".

NBA is a joke these days. Where literally guys that are scrubs in Europe are getting signed to NBA all the time.

Petrovic was benched in Blazers and only NBA team would even trade for him was the Nets. He would be labeled as "scrub" by all NBA fans if he left Blazers as he almost did and went back to Europe.

It's fact.

It's absolute fact.

You can just scan through current list of NBA players at NBA.com not only are there tons of American scrubs, but there are tons of European scrubs also.

I am sure NBA just wanted to sign Teodocis to bench him, then say "see NBA is superior".

They did it many times before. Pekovic almost left NBA after his rookie season because of how they were treating him, and this whole forum except me and Fiba were calling him "scrub that can dominate in Europe but can never make it in NBA superior league".

NBA is a joke these days. Where literally guys that are scrubs in Europe are getting signed to NBA all the time.
    What about Anthony Parker's success in Europe? He was a scrub in NBA. I think some players can play better in specific systems. There's no conspiracy to make euro stars look bad. I'm curious about who do you think are the best players in the NBA.

Good college starter

It's fact.

It's absolute fact.

European scrubs are cheaper.

Why do you pay million bucks

For a player that wave towels

If you can get a Euro scrub for half of that

But our scrubs are quite pricey my friend

Michael Jordan Farmar was the highest paid Euroleague player

This time it's Linus Kleiza.

And they are expected to lead the team.

Just like those scrubs

VSpan and Rudy,

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker
    What about Anthony Parker's success in Europe? He was a scrub in NBA. I think some players can play better in specific systems. There's no conspiracy to make euro stars look bad. I'm curious about who do you think are the best players in the NBA.
    Also our summer league scrubs and NBA rejects

Are Euroleague MVPs

Nate Huffman, Joseph Blair, Langdon, Edney

List goes on.

In facts

We have more players on all Euroleague team

Than any nation in Europe

We have more players in Euroleague greatest players

Euroleague All Decade Team

Euroleague MVPs

Than any country in Europe

And most of them are our rejects

And NBA scrubs

And the corpses of Mc Adoo and Nique dominated them too.

Facts

Absolute facts.