Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Dalembert to the cavs

Would Cleveland give a 2nd rd pick for dalembert, or are they going to be able to find a better use for their injured player exemption?

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Default Re: Dalembert to the cavs

That's actually a good idea, especially if the Knicks are shutting Melo down.

Get it done LeBron!

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

He's one of the last resorts if they can't make a deal for someone better, or so I've heard. Even if they do acquire a more capable big, I wouldn't mind taking him on just for depth purposes. Lord knows we could use a little depth up front.

Quote Originally Posted by el gringos
    Would Cleveland give a 2nd rd pick for dalembert, or are they going to be able to find a better use for their injured player exemption?
    Send him to the Hawks.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    He's one of the last resorts if they can't make a deal for someone better, or so I've heard. Even if they do acquire a more capable big, I wouldn't mind taking him on just for depth purposes. Lord knows we could use a little depth up front.
    I think Cleveland should look for Rudy Gobert instead

Quote Originally Posted by hawkfan
    Send him to the Hawks.
    I don't think the hawks can offer a better deal for ny then an exemption (cap relief for an over the luxury tax limit team= what 10? Mill saved) 2nd is just icing on the cake.

Definitely could find a better guy, but do you want to give up waiters or 1sts?

Who else could Cleveland get for so little?

Sadly he's prob not good enough to not risk just waiting for the Knicks to cut dalembert and signing him for min then.

Do you know if that exemption could then be used by the Knicks to acquire a player down the road. The trade exemptions get to be used up to a year by the team receiving it, just didn't know if the injury exemption was different

Definitely could find a better guy, but do you want to give up waiters or 1sts?

Who else could Cleveland get for so little?

Sadly he's prob not good enough to not risk just waiting for the Knicks to cut dalembert and signing him for min then.

Do you know if that exemption could then be used by the Knicks to acquire a player down the road. The trade exemptions get to be used up to a year by the team receiving it, just didn't know if the injury exemption was different
    Do I want to give up Waiters? No. The 1sts, though, and the expirings? I think it is time that we add something to this roster and if that's the way you do it, I say go for it.

Like I said, I'm not opposed to bringing Dalembert in regardless of whether we're able to make a move for a Mozgov or Koufos. Depth is needed.

But yeah... I don't think the Cavs really want to give up anything for Dalembert, so they're waiting to see if the Knicks just cut him loose. I'm not sure how the injury exemptions are used under the new CBA in that situation.

HomieWeMajor
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Sanders to the Cavs
    You heard it here first.

I don't think the hawks can offer a better deal for ny then an exemption (cap relief for an over the luxury tax limit team= what 10? Mill saved) 2nd is just icing on the cake.
    Hawks are 4 million under cap. So we can full trade exception plus 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by HomieWeMajor
    Sanders to the Cavs
    You heard it here first.
    He'd be perfect from a fit standpoint, but I worry about his huge contract and his attitude. Also, I doubt Milwaukee is giving him up without getting back something really substantial in return unless he's just a total lockerroom cancer... in which case I'd be hesitant.

But, just from a standpoint of fit, he's the guy who could potentially pull everything together.

He'd be perfect from a fit standpoint, but I worry about his huge contract and his attitude. Also, I doubt Milwaukee is giving him up without getting back something really substantial in return unless he's just a total lockerroom cancer... in which case I'd be hesitant.

But, just from a standpoint of fit, he's the guy who could potentially pull everything together.
    Why would the Bucks want to make the Cavs better?

Quote Originally Posted by HomieWeMajor
    Sanders to the Cavs
    You heard it here first.
    There is no way to make that trade without sending waiters and Thompson money wise. That's a heck of a risk for a team that needs another big to trade a big for a guy who hasn't been able to stay on the court this year.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkfan
    Why would the Bucks want to make the Cavs better?
    I didn't say they did. In fact, I insinuated that it is a highly unlikely hypothetical. Just entertaining it for the sake of conversation.