Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Default Andrew wiggins is really overrated

Especially on defense its been pretty horrible.

Default Re: Andrew wiggins is really overrated

kk good thread

He is 19 and nobody stating that he is "right now" some super. We are more concern about his potential.

Overrated how? People have been dumping all over him since they realized he wasn't a 20+ ppg player right out the gate. I've seen far more threads created about him being a disappointment than anything else thus far

I'm impressed with his offense. He was never known for being amazing on that side of the ball.

His defense has been a disappointment.

His physical attributes should be enough to at least be an above average defender.

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

I'm not really sure which ratings you're referring to but he's played 31 games or so and most people have called the season so far a disappointment.

Wiggins is a very good defender already at his age. Wiggins doesn't get as much steals because he doesn't gamble on defense but in terms of contesting shots he always defends the teams best player and always stays in front of them. Wiggins made a few rookie mistakes in the beginning of the year like jumping on pump fakes but since Kobe came and taught Wiggins that lesson I haven't seen him do it since. Wiggins can post up (elite for his age), Wiggins can shoot, Wiggins only has one move off the dribble though and that's a step back but its pretty good. Wiggins has an elite first step. Wiggins has bad handles therefore hinders his play making abilities, Wiggins is an average rebounder.

I have not seen his famous "spin move" that we saw so much in high school though.

Sincerely - A guy who has watched 90% of T-wolves games.
    Last edited by waseem780; 01-03-2015 at 07:45 PM.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

He was overrated going into Kansas but since then the expectations have been dropping continuously. Right now he's doing 14 ppg on 41% or something like that. To be badly overrated we should be hearing him called an ASG candidate or in some other way elite and that's not the case. He's looking like the ROY but that has much to do with a lack of healthy competition. Last year he was overhyped but not any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    He was overrated going into Kansas but since then the expectations have been dropping continuously. Right now he's doing 14 ppg on 41% or something like that. To be badly overrated we should be hearing him called an ASG candidate or in some other way elite and that's not the case. He's looking like the ROY but that has much to do with a lack of healthy competition. Last year he was overhyped but not any more.
    He'll be at 16/17 ppg by the end of the season. His offense early on was so inconsistent , missing layups at times too.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by rlsmooth775
    Especially on defense its been pretty horrible.
    You are nothing more than a garden variety LeBron stan. Your opinions are irrelevant. Hate on Kobe- check. Hate on Wiggins- check. Just typical insecure beta LeBron stan BS.

Thunder it DOWN, Dion! PleezeBelieve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by waseem780
    He'll be at 16/17 ppg by the end of the season. His offense early on was so inconsistent , missing layups at times too.
    If he ends up averaging 16/17 then the Wolves won't get 15 wins on the season.

He's not a superstar. Just a glue guy.

Wiggins take up possession, Wolves lose basketball games.

2nd worst plus/minus on team once again.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    I'm impressed with his offense. He was never known for being amazing on that side of the ball.

His defense has been a disappointment.

His physical attributes should be enough to at least be an above average defender.

Most rookies are always garbage on defense though with the exception of Jordan, Ron Artest, Hakeem, and Rodman.

Kobe overrated him for sure

So far, he hasn't helped the Wolves get to winning ways. You can see the difference between Lebron. Lebron came into the league impacting games immediately. Was one of the reasons why the Cavs never got to stock picks after landing him.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by I<3NBA
    Kobe overrated him for sure

So far, he hasn't helped the Wolves get to winning ways. You can see the difference between Lebron. Lebron came into the league impacting games immediately. Was one of the reasons why the Cavs never got to stock picks after landing him.

Yeah Wiggins game does scream career role player. Wiggins game kinda reminds me of Kerry Kittles because the career threatening injuries. Only difference is that Kittles was a much better jump shooter, and Wiggins is more athletic. Parker is better. At least Parker does a much better job creating his shot off the dribble.