Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops



Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

View Poll Results: Are 2015 Warriors The luckiest NBA champions of all time?
yes 6 33.33%
no 12 66.67%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2019, 09:24 AM   #1
Akeem34TheDream
Decent playground baller
 
Akeem34TheDream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Somalia
Posts: 318
Default Are 2015 Warriors The luckiest NBA champions of all time?

Are they?
Akeem34TheDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 10:34 AM   #2
Norcaliblunt
National High School Star
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,370
Default Re: Are 2015 Warriors The luckiest NBA champions of all time?

No. 95 Rockets are.
Norcaliblunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 10:59 AM   #3
SouBeachTalents
We aint, go-in nowhere
 
SouBeachTalents's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 15,599
Default Re: Are 2015 Warriors The luckiest NBA champions of all time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcaliblunt
No. 95 Rockets are.
How did they get lucky?
SouBeachTalents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 11:06 AM   #4
bullettooth
I don't flop.
 
bullettooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 4,185
Default Re: Are 2015 Warriors The luckiest NBA champions of all time?

2016 took a miracle comeback, aided by an injured warriors team + a starting player suspension + a bailout by Kyrie.

Nobody gives a fuck about 2015.
bullettooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 11:19 AM   #5
superduper
Le11th
 
superduper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 8,378
Default Re: Are 2015 Warriors The luckiest NBA champions of all time?

2016 easily had the highest concentration of luck and riggedness so I'll go with that.
superduper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 11:29 AM   #6
Bronbron23
National High School Star
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 2,117
Default Re: Are 2015 Warriors The luckiest NBA champions of all time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akeem34TheDream
Are they?
Yes definitely one of them anyway and 2016 was nowhere close to 2015 for anyone saying so. Cleveland was missing there second and third best player in 15. Warriors weren't missing anyone. Steph was healthy and as he said in his own words "back" and Draymond only got suspended for one game due to his own stupidity. Where was the bad luck at?
Bronbron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 11:29 AM   #7
Manny98
NBA All-star
 
Manny98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: In your head
Posts: 9,953
Default Re: Are 2015 Warriors The luckiest NBA champions of all time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullettooth
2016 took a miracle comeback, aided by an injured warriors team + a starting player suspension + a bailout by Kyrie.

Nobody gives a fuck about 2015.
They weren't injured outside of Bogut and Draymonds suspension and Love injury cancel eachover out
Manny98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 11:37 AM   #8
Relinquish
Great college starter
 
Relinquish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 3,553
Default Re: Are 2015 Warriors The luckiest NBA champions of all time?

2015 was an extremely lucky situation for the Warriors. They were playing like headless chickens against total scrubs like Mozgov, Dellavedova and the like. Kevin Love was intentionally injured by Kelly Olynyk a couple rounds prior, and Kyrie got injured in the middle of the first game and was out for the rest of the series. Lebron was in his "I can't shoot a jumper" year that he has every once in a while, which was even more favorable for them. Basically all the stars aligned, and had the Warriors lost, who knows if they win 73 and reach the finals again. The mental toll it would have taken on them would've been a game changer.

The Warriors essentially made Mozgov 64 mil, let that sink in.
Relinquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 11:39 AM   #9
ArbitraryWater
... on a leash
 
ArbitraryWater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: I walk a higher path, son
Posts: 35,096
Default Re: Are 2015 Warriors The luckiest NBA champions of all time?

for sure, literally every single series on top of the finals which was the biggest joke ever had them get a handicap
ArbitraryWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 11:43 AM   #10
warriorfan
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
warriorfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 23,388
Default Re: Are 2015 Warriors The luckiest NBA champions of all time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relinquish
2015 was an extremely lucky situation for the Warriors. They were playing like headless chickens against total scrubs like Mozgov, Dellavedova and the like. Kevin Love was intentionally injured by Kelly Olynyk a couple rounds prior, and Kyrie got injured in the middle of the first game and was out for the rest of the series. Lebron was in his "I can't shoot a jumper" year that he has every once in a while, which was even more favorable for them. Basically all the stars aligned, and had the Warriors lost, who knows if they win 73 and reach the finals again. The mental toll it would have taken on them would've been a game changer.

The Warriors essentially made Mozgov 64 mil, let that sink in.

The Cavaliers slowed the pace to a crawl and played very physical basketball as the officials allowed them to muck it up. Lots of pushing and shoving, jersey grabbing. They were ugly games mainly due to the officiating.
warriorfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 11:46 AM   #11
DaHeezy
NBA sixth man of the year
 
DaHeezy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 7,533
Default Re: Are 2015 Warriors The luckiest NBA champions of all time?

Current Raptors
All the injuries and players playing hurt on the opposing team throughout their run

Plus the lucky bounce was the icing on the cake. They had the perfect storm and perfect matchups
DaHeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 12:03 PM   #12
SouBeachTalents
We aint, go-in nowhere
 
SouBeachTalents's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 15,599
Default Re: Are 2015 Warriors The luckiest NBA champions of all time?

What people never mention is, they not only faced teams with injuries every series, they avoided playing their 3 toughest opponents in the conference due to either injury (Thunder), an extremely fluky first round matchup (Spurs), and an epic choke (Clippers)

'07 Spurs would be up there. They were on the beneficial end of the controversial suspensions against the Suns, then due to the Mavs losing in the first round they got a laughably easy final two series against the Jazz & Cavs to win the title
SouBeachTalents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 12:08 PM   #13
Akeem34TheDream
Decent playground baller
 
Akeem34TheDream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Somalia
Posts: 318
Default Re: Are 2015 Warriors The luckiest NBA champions of all time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHeezy
Current Raptors
All the injuries and players playing hurt on the opposing team throughout their run

Plus the lucky bounce was the icing on the cake. They had the perfect storm and perfect matchups
Raptors this year were also lucky but not on that level.
Akeem34TheDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 12:11 PM   #14
Akeem34TheDream
Decent playground baller
 
Akeem34TheDream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Somalia
Posts: 318
Default Re: Are 2015 Warriors The luckiest NBA champions of all time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents
What people never mention is, they not only faced teams with injuries every series, they avoided playing their 3 toughest opponents in the conference due to either injury (Thunder), an extremely fluky first round matchup (Spurs), and an epic choke (Clippers)

'07 Spurs would be up there. They were on the beneficial end of the controversial suspensions against the Suns, then due to the Mavs losing in the first round they got a laughably easy final two series against the Jazz & Cavs to win the title
Absolutely that Spurs team wasn't that good and is easily the weakest champions between those 5 Spurs titles.
Akeem34TheDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 02:32 PM   #15
Relinquish
Great college starter
 
Relinquish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 3,553
Default Re: Are 2015 Warriors The luckiest NBA champions of all time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorfan
The Cavaliers slowed the pace to a crawl and played very physical basketball as the officials allowed them to muck it up. Lots of pushing and shoving, jersey grabbing. They were ugly games mainly due to the officiating.

That was done intentionally because they were without their 2nd and 3rd best players against the fastest scoring team in the league.
Relinquish is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:




Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:02 AM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

InsideHoops.com Home

NBA Rumors

NBA Daily Roundup

NBA Scores

NBA Stats

NBA Videos

NBA Free Agents

Fantasy Basketball

Basketball Sneakers

Search Site

STAY CONNECTED
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube










Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy