Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: How was high school like for you?

Senior year was fun, too. I just got my license the summer prior to senior year, so I started driving myself to work. My sisters car had engine failure, so I had to give my car to her and in exchange I'd have to drive one of my parents mini vans (whoever was home at the time). At first I was pissed and embarrassed to come to school in a minivan...but later when it was time to skip class, I realized how dope it was to have a van with 3 rows of seating. I'd be driving by and scooping up my friends, whoever happened to be walking out of the school to skip the period(s). We'd be squaded in the van, blasting music..hitting up our boy who dropped out and was selling, go to someones house (whoever knew their parents weren't going to be home), burn, and then hit a fast food joint to eat before going back to finish the day at school. Or we'd just go to starbucks and get some coffee and smoke a couple of stoges. Chilling.

No worries man. No bills, the security was cool so you knew you wouldn't get in trouble. Shit was honestly fun and laid back.

I played sports so it was hella fun

High school:
    Go to school
    Go home
    take a nap
    play video games, watch sports, etc.
    put in minimal effort, get b's and c's
    Do it any other way and you're doing it wrong.

Seriously, high school was meh, but senior year was good. The teachers know that seniors are getting ready for post-hs stuff and they ease up. Junior year was crap.

Btw, did any one else here go through school and never get the honor roll? I literally went 0-for-48.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnySic
    Btw, did any one else here go through school and never get the honor roll? I literally went 0-for-48.
    Now this makes sense...

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...59&postcount=6

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...1&postcount=20

****ing moronic clown. lol. Proud of sucking ass and being an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Shogon
    Now this makes sense...

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...59&postcount=6

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...1&postcount=20

****ing moronic clown. lol. Proud of sucking ass and being an idiot.
    I could have been an A student. I just didn't give a sh it. School means zero once you're done; it didn't hurt me.

And yes bitcoin is a scam. Just a heads up - the next move down will go far below the prior $3000 low.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnySic
    I could have been an A student. I just didn't give a sh it. School means zero once you're done; it didn't hurt me.

And yes bitcoin is a scam. Just a heads up - the next move down will go far below the prior $3000 low.

5-time NBA All-Star

Fun.
    Lot of fun sports.
    Driving.
    Spanish class was fun.
    Swimming was real fun.
    Lot of afterschool clubs had nice things.
    Mind and body expanded a lot those years.

In senior year I was in a band, and we practiced a lot really late on weeknights. I played bass, the guitar player was a year out of HS, drummer was like 23 and our singer was 29. I would sneak out of the house (climbing out my bedroom window, then across the roof and down the fence) at like 11pm to catch a ride to go practice in a rehearsal space we had rented out behind a Rita's water ice until 3, sometimes 4, occasionally 5am. Then I was supposed to get up at like 6:30 to catch the bus, so I wound up oversleeping a lot.

Now my mom left for work earlier than I was supposed to be out for the bus, so she couldn't really do anything about it. She had to just hope I would get up. So my school would take roll in homeroom, and if you were absent, the calls would start going out to parents around 9. My last name is toward the end of the alphabet, so I had until almost 10 most of the time before she would hear from them.

She would get a call at work, then wake me up calling my cell at like 10am screaming at me to get up and go tf to school. So I would hop up, smoke a bowl, get dressed, then walk to school, which was roughly a 1.8 mile hike. Not really that bad, and totally worth the extra sleep and ensuing comedy. Because this happened so often and on such a regular clock, I was always walking into school in the middle of fifth period into the same english class. I had a couple friends in there who would absolutely die laughing every time I just casually strolled in again, having missed more than half the school day. Their laughter was so warm and joyous.

Then I would get to enjoy a three-and-a-half hour schoolday, stoned.

I really didn't give a shit, but not in the "act out and get in trouble" kind of way. Just in the genuinely carefree way. Like I knew none of the rules really mattered, but I wasn't one of those really bad kids who went out of my way to break them. I just followed them whenever it was convenient for me.

God those were fun times. I would go back so quick.

Freshman and sophomore years I was rather shy and insecure. Junior year I started smoking a lot of weed and life became much more chill. I had friends in every clique. I was in a band, had a steady girl who gave good blowjobs, life was good. I still managed to make good grades and got accepted to UNC on early enrollment. I got the acceptance letter on Halloween of my senior year so the rest of the year I totally slacked off, skipped school on the regular, showed up drunk, stoned, or both. Good times but I was ready to move out and go to college.

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus

Then I would get to enjoy a three-and-a-half hour schoolday, stoned.

Honk honk.

Forum still struggling, boys, but..

I didn't go much. I stayed in until I didn't have to (doods threatened me with jail haha) and then swiftly dropped out. I felt like I beat the system cuz I got ged and went to community College for a year when I should have been a sr.

I actually did beat the system, just like looking back at everything else, I could have jumped off from there ez. But there was a lot more drama to unfold. On some real life shite.

Dudes would have more or a chance finding a pick of my **** than a hs yearbook photo. Jussayin. And yea I am proud. Those were good years, it just wasn't anything happening at school. That and being 17 and being like wew you only have to go to school a few hours a week, they give you money (thank u Mr Pell), and all things considered it was a pretty decent cc considering it was in a university town. Helped me solidify my confidence in my abilities as a writer. ****ed around and became a poet.

-Smak

it was fun and exciting but I know I'm idealizing. it was exciting and fun because you're discovering all these new things partying drugs girls staying out late, all of that.

in reality though there's really not much freedom. being an adult or even college>>>

I learned through personal experience just how toxic the American high school experience could be, way back before it became a thing.

Went to high school in Chicago, saw first hand the brutal bullying of fellow classmates for the way the dressed, looked or acted. Lunch time, the lunch room was segregated between all types, by race, social status, jocks, nerdy kids, stoners etc. Really toxic shit. Me, I had my group of friends, never popular by any stretch but I wasn't ostracized at all either, basically your regular average kid...

Moved to Mexico with my family before my senior year, did a year of the equivalent of my senior year and the atmosphere was the complete opposite. In general, everyone got along, there was none of the distinction between types like in the US, the geeky studious kids weren't bullied by the athlete types. That year was a blast, made more friends in one year than my previous 3 years in a Chicago HS combined. As far as I can tell, it's still the same way today, that's why you never hear about mass school shootings here by a kid who got bullied in school. That's one reason I wanted to raise my kids here, away from the toxic atmosphere of American schools...

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    I learned through personal experience just how toxic the American high school experience could be, way back before it became a thing.

Went to high school in Chicago, saw first hand the brutal bullying of fellow classmates for the way the dressed, looked or acted. Lunch time, the lunch room was segregated between all types, by race, social status, jocks, nerdy kids, stoners etc. Really toxic shit. Me, I had my group of friends, never popular by any stretch but I wasn't ostracized at all either, basically your regular average kid...

Moved to Mexico with my family before my senior year, did a year of the equivalent of my senior year and the atmosphere was the complete opposite. In general, everyone got along, there was none of the distinction between types like in the US, the geeky studious kids weren't bullied by the athlete types. That year was a blast, made more friends in one year than my previous 3 years in a Chicago HS combined. As far as I can tell, it's still the same way today, that's why you never hear about mass school shootings here by a kid who got bullied in school. That's one reason I wanted to raise my kids here, away from the toxif American schools...
    what hs did u go to? i went to von steuben on the north side from 98-02 and although we all pretty much stuck to our own kind as far as races and gangs, everybody did coexist well with each other. i mean, that's just the way it is - people tend to just stick to their own kind when there's masses of them. regardless, von steuben was VERY diverse because entry was based on a lottery system, and not just who lived in the neighborhood. but why would jocks wanna kick it with stoners anyway? what do asians have in common with the blacks (generally speaking), etc.

it's easy in mexico - everybody's... mexican. u'd just basically have two groups - one drinking modelos and the other drinking coronas.