Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    3-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: LeBron should do whatever he wants. He

[QUOTE=ImKobe]

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    “If I want to win, I’m playing with Kobe. If I want to have fun, I’m playing with Lebron.”
    Exactly

Bird said lebron was "as good" in an on-paper sort of way.. lebron checks the boxes that would put him on par with anyone (size, athleticism, etc)... i.e. in a skills competition with traffic cones etc, Lebron would be as good as anyone

But when WINNING enters the equation, it's all MJ and Kobe over anyone, as the quote above states

And how could anyone think Lebron can win like Kobe or MJ??? Lebron is 3/9 and gets blown away by everyone!!!

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

he's just being PC.

how often do you hear a past great player shit on a currently playing MVP level talent?

almost never... its bad business.

Kobe Bryant on Kobe Bryant: "I freaking suck"
    That's a real quote.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    Exactly

Bird said lebron was "as good" in an on-paper sort of way.. lebron checks the boxes that would put him on par with anyone (size, athleticism, etc)... i.e. in a skills competition with traffic cones etc, Lebron would be as good as anyone

But when WINNING enters the equation, it's all MJ and Kobe over anyone, as the quote above states

And how could anyone think Lebron can win like Kobe or MJ??? Lebron is 3/9 and gets blown away by everyone!!!

How come their teams never missed a beat when either MJ or Kobe didn't play?

How come the Lakers always got better record wise when Kobe didn't play? Shit they always got better..

I said this long ago that Kyrie Irving reminds me of Kobe . They are two players that can bring a very good team over the top but they aren't worth that many wins. Its evident by wins and losses when either of them play or don't play. Boston didnt miss a beat without Kyrie just like the Lakers without Kobe. Both are great scorers but they never made a huge impact in wins.

Larry Legend, Jerry West, Steve Kerr, and DR J all put Lebron right there with MJ.

STOP HATING.. Never has anyone that hasnt been associated with Kobe put him on that LEVEL.. Dude isnt even top 10

Quote Originally Posted by NBASTATMAN

How come their teams never missed a beat when either MJ or Kobe didn't play?
    You think a 2nd round exit is "not skipping a beat" compared to a 3-peat? Two 3-peats actually??... What are you smoking and let me get some

But you should understand that MJ and Kobe sacrificed personal stats to play in a system that put role players in optimal spots and maximized their chances of scoring

Every dynasty in the last 30 years (bulls, lakers, spurs, warriors) used a system to maximize teamwork and role player contribution - it's the star's job to get elite production within that system without disrupting the flow or offense.. this requires skill that MJ and Kobe had, but lebron doesn't.. so they're skilled enough to have a dynasty and lebron isn't..

Let me know if you need detail on the specific skills that lebron lacks that prevent a system

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Larry Legend, Jerry West, Steve Kerr[/COLOR], and DR J all put Lebron right there with MJ.

STOP HATING.. Never has anyone that hasnt been associated with Kobe put him on that LEVEL.. Dude isnt even top 10
    False... Jerry West clearly says he would take MJ over lebron and he says specifically because MJ was better for ball-movement!!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TfpDYxq9K3U&t=24m06s

... The goat talent evaluator agreeing with 3ball!!!...

And Bird's endorsement of Lebron was lukewarm, vague, and unenthusiastic - his comments on MJ's goatness over the years DRASTICALLY supercede his lukewarm comment about lebron... Ditto Steve Kerr, who is even more PC than Bird because he can't be perceived as disrespecting his opponent

Basically, show me where these guys say Lebron is goat - no qualifications, no vagueness, no PC tone - just, "lebron is the goat"... Or show some enthusiasm, i.e. "I thought MJ was God in basketball shoes but now Lebron is"..... Or simply, "Lebron is better than MJ"..... These quotes don't exist from Kerr, Bird or West, but they do for Jordan...

I said this long ago that Kyrie Irving reminds me of Kobe . They are two players that can bring a very good team over the top but they aren't worth that many wins. Its evident by wins and losses when either of them play or don't play. Boston didnt miss a beat without Kyrie just like the Lakers without Kobe. Both are great scorers but they never made a huge impact in wins.
    What evidence do you have that Kobe isn't good for wins? His horrible casts after Shaq left? That's no different than Lebron's horrible casts in 19', 05' and 04'

Lebron needed a Pau-level player at 3rd option, so he needed more help to win than Kobe

Kobe led dogshit teams to the playoffs in the west, and once he got just one all star... just one... he went B2B championships.

Where is this idea Kobe's teams could win without him? with shaq yea (not rings, regular season), but he proved everybody wrong afterwards. Pau Gasol was 0-16 in the playoffs as the man sweep after sweep, they wouldve been a JOKE without Kobe.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    Kobe led dogshit teams to the playoffs in the west, and once he got just one all star... just one... he went B2B championships.

Where is this idea Kobe's teams could win without him? with shaq yea (not rings, regular season), but he proved everybody wrong afterwards. Pau Gasol was 0-16 in the playoffs as the man sweep after sweep, they wouldve been e a JOKE without Kobe instead of champions.

Pau led many DEEP post seasons runs on multiple teams long after Lakers, just like Shaq

Kobe without them? Pissing the bed year after year in lottery LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by LAmbruh

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Pau led many DEEP post seasons runs on multiple teams long after Lakers, just like Shaq [/COLOR]

Kobe without them? Pissing the bed year after year in lottery LMAO
    A lot of guys do that after they become role players and older players

not Kobe

its not leading if you're a scrub on whatever team...

poor trolling... *sigh*

TIL Pau Gasol was a scrub on the Bulls.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    TIL Pau Gasol was a scrub on the Bulls.
    Had his best season on the Bulls as well

Bird's teams were stacked.

Exactly

Lebron was just someone for people to watch that never saw GOAT MJ play.

What they saw was a 3/9'er that came up short.