22 42.31%
  • Nikola Jokić

30 57.69%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: All NBA... Embiid or Jokic?

Give me Goatbiid

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Embiid will get it, but Jokic should. He's played 10+ more games, and most bigs could use rest games like Embiid gets. I think Embiid is probably the better player but Jokic has a better case for All-NBA/MVP votes.

Nobody even had the Nuggets as a playoff lock this season. There near the top of the list in terms of games lost to injuries, and at one point were missing 3 starters. So people at best had us as a 6th-8th seed when we were healthy, yet with all the injuries the Nuggets managed to finish 2nd/3rd overall. Jokic is the only star on the team. Leads the team in PPG, APG, RPG, SPG. Is there literally any other player who does that? Giannis? LeBron?

It's underrated what Jokic has done this season. If any other player shattered expectations putting up the kinda numbers he does with no other "star" they'd be getting way more love. Like at one point George was getting ranked above him in the MVP race, despite the fact that OKC was supposed to be better than Denver, he gets to play with Westbrook, and yet Jokic led the Nuggets above them.

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fourkicks44
    Has he tho? Nuggets seem to take care of business without the Joker.

When Embiid is out the Sixers get destroyed by the Hawks.

Sad but true..

No Embiid, no 76ers...
    Nuggets without Jokic might have picked top 5 this season with all the injuries they've had this season.

Millsap has missed 11 games, Murray has missed 6 games, Barton has only started in 35 games this season, and Harris has only started in 45 games this season. That's literally the Nuggets starting lineup coming into the season 4/5 starters have missed 5+ games, and that's not factoring in how banged up they've been while playing. Harris still looks like a shell of himself right now.

Nuggets are a solid team with a bright future, but Jokic has them playing far above there head. I mean how many C's in the history of the NBA have led there team in assists and scoring? It's unheard of.

Meanwhile Embiid gets to sit out games to rest up ... I get the argument for him being the better player, even agree with it tbh, but I don't get how you can have him over Jokic for All-NBA/MVP given everything.

NBA sixth man of the year NugzFan's Avatar

Jokic

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
    Embiid will get it, but Jokic should. He's played 10+ more games, and most bigs could use rest games like Embiid gets. I think Embiid is probably the better player but Jokic has a better case for All-NBA/MVP votes.

Nobody even had the Nuggets as a playoff lock this season. There near the top of the list in terms of games lost to injuries, and at one point were missing 3 starters. So people at best had us as a 6th-8th seed when we were healthy, yet with all the injuries the Nuggets managed to finish 2nd/3rd overall. Jokic is the only star on the team. Leads the team in PPG, APG, RPG, SPG. Is there literally any other player who does that? Giannis? LeBron?

It's underrated what Jokic has done this season. If any other player shattered expectations putting up the kinda numbers he does with no other "star" they'd be getting way more love. Like at one point George was getting ranked above him in the MVP race, despite the fact that OKC was supposed to be better than Denver, he gets to play with Westbrook, and yet Jokic led the Nuggets above them.

Well said

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlternativeAcc.
    Already covered that.. they're a 50 win team without him.

His stats in the playoffs last year resulted in a fat L despite his roster having more talent. Same stats. Empty results. What's changed? Oh they acquired another superstar in Jimmy Butler and stud Tobias Harris. How much help does dude need?

He's empty until he proves otherwise. Losing in 5 games to an inferior team while putting up big stats is the definition of empty stats

There is going to be only one best player on the title team every year. That doesn’t mean everyone else who plays well is “empty”. Good teams lose every year. People who already won....lose. It’s basketball. A guy in his first full season doesn’t have to lead his team to glory or be “empty”. He’s played two real seasons....both making the playoffs....and a couple playoff series.

What...is every basket, block, and rebound of a players career “empty” till they...what? Win a title? Achieve some arbitrary level of success? You say people can prove to not be empty....what about when guys who already won later get upset? Were the stats of the entire spurs team that lost to 8th seeded Memphis empty? Or can stats only be empty when you personally accumulate big totals?

If you produce poorly and lose are you then exempt from empty stats? Or are your limited stats still empty?

At what point is it just two teams playing which requires one to lose?

Can the loser have anything but empty stats?

You just enter the nba doing exclusively empty numbers till your team wins...what?

It’s just a bullshit cliche for the most part. And the few times it isn’t it shouldn’t be applied to people who have just started their careers. Guy has completed 2 real seasons and had one playoff run and he’s a loser...

This guy is 7’2’’ breaking out crossovers, floaters, eurosteps, dream shakes, knocking down 3s, and playing nasty defense....leading a good team...while also being one of the most fun personalities in all sports....

And people boil it down to empty stats because he’s not won yet....heading into his second post season in as many attempts.

You even appreciate basketball?

I swear people watch sports to hate more than enjoy.

Embiid's stats are far from empty, and just in terms of pure ability and skill he's better than Jokic, but theres no denying his team is way more stacked than the Nuggets. Therefore Jokic is more deserving this season.

Jokic should get the nod, though, Embiid is the better player.

Decent college freshman Ben Simmons 25's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    There is going to be only one best player on the title team every year. That doesn’t mean everyone else who plays well is “empty”. Good teams lose every year. People who already won....lose. It’s basketball. A guy in his first full season doesn’t have to lead his team to glory or be “empty”. He’s played two real seasons....both making the playoffs....and a couple playoff series.

What...is every basket, block, and rebound of a players career “empty” till they...what? Win a title? Achieve some arbitrary level of success? You say people can prove to not be empty....what about when guys who already won later get upset? Were the stats of the entire spurs team that lost to 8th seeded Memphis empty? Or can stats only be empty when you personally accumulate big totals?

If you produce poorly and lose are you then exempt from empty stats? Or are your limited stats still empty?

At what point is it just two teams playing which requires one to lose?

Can the loser have anything but empty stats?

You just enter the nba doing exclusively empty numbers till your team wins...what?

It’s just a bullshit cliche for the most part. And the few times it isn’t it shouldn’t be applied to people who have just started their careers. Guy has completed 2 real seasons and had one playoff run and he’s a loser...

This guy is 7’2’’ breaking out crossovers, floaters, eurosteps, dream shakes, knocking down 3s, and playing nasty defense....leading a good team...while also being one of the most fun personalities in all sports....

And people boil it down to empty stats because he’s not won yet....heading into his second post season in as many attempts.

You even appreciate basketball?

I swear people watch sports to hate more than enjoy.
    Your post is an example empty stats. Lots of words... no substance.

lol, kidding.

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

This is the last year they are close.

Embiid is a lot better one on one player and a lot better on defense. Jokic is a better team player. I enjoy both.

This year I'd vote Jokic. But as for potential? Embiid. Jokic won't get any better than he now is. He is very good he may even win a ring this way. But Embiid is a twice or three time a lifetime talent.

Do I have to vote for this year? Jokic. Vote for better player/prospect? Embiid.

Quote Originally Posted by elementally morale
    This is the last year they are close.

Embiid is a lot better one on one player and a lot better on defense. Jokic is a better team player. I enjoy both.

This year I'd vote Jokic. But as for potential? Embiid. Jokic won't get any better than he now is.

Quote Originally Posted by NugzFan

Jokic is someone like Tim Duncan. Worse than Tim.. but similar. Duncan was great in his first years. I'm not sure he improved that much later. Jokic strikes me as a player who is as good now as he will ever be. (Which is great.)

Jokic won'g faster. Stronger. More athletic. He won't even become a better passer he is already great. Better shooter? Slightly, maybe. The thing he can improve is his defense, I'd say.

Embiid is not as good a basketball player as Jokic is for the time being. Joel is a better individual player both offense and defense. But Jokic is such a great team player... It won't last. I think Embiid will improve. He has a lot more room to.

You compared jokic to Duncan

I hate you less now

Quote Originally Posted by NugzFan
    You compared jokic to Duncan

I hate you less now

Jokic is a top 5 player this year. At least. Maybe top 3. He may be the MVP next year or the year after... and he doesn't even need to improve . He may even win a ring or two being the same player he is now. He is that good.

I just don't see much room for improvement. Decision-making and (team + help) defense are areas he can become better.

Embiid's talent is on another (all time great) level. At the moment he is not as good as Jokic but he can become better.

Decent college freshman Ben Simmons 25's Avatar

Curry
    Durant
    Harden
    Giannis
    Kawhi
    Jokic? Really? Nah. LeBron isn't worse than Jokic, either. If he stayed with Cleveland and a team that fit him better in an easier conference, this wouldn't be a discussion.

Jokic definitely 100% is not top 5. Nope. He's not even top 6.