Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Let's Talks Numbers 34-24 Footwork's Avatar

Default Re: Lebron Family Memo: For the sake of integrity, Kobe is a top-10 player ever.

Kobe and Bron are two totally different players. Not sure if they can be compared. One had made a living on the perimeter. One has made a living in the paint.

But yes...anyone thats watched basketball knows that they are both top 10 players.

Even If they swapped positions, you wouldnt really be able to tell who would "do better" with opposite teams.

This is as objective as it gets, unfortunately.

Default Re: Lebron Family Memo: For the sake of integrity, Kobe is a top-10 player ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Dray n Klay
    So I guess Jordan wasn't much better than Clyde Drexler
    Terrible comparison

Jordan > LeBron >(slightly)> Kobe >>> Drexler

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus
    I would take Shaq, Magic, LeBron, Duncan, and Bird all over Kobe... but he's in the same tier with them. Only Jordan and Kareem are OBVIOUSLY better. Mind you I choose to omit ranking Russell and Wilt.

But yeah, like it or not, Kobe is right there with them.
    So you rank Kareem, but omit the one Center who consistently blocked Kareem's skyhooks, out rebounded kareem in his final 3 seasons, and got the last laugh by eliminating kareem in the playoffs on the way out?

Wilt did all that post surgery / post 33 years of age. On PRIME kareem.

i trust billion dollar organizations like espn over you

Quote Originally Posted by Lebronxrings
    i trust billion dollar organizations like espn over you

So you're saying a media outlet, an organization that generates website traffic and tv ratings by being intentionally controversial, should be trusted? Are you really that naive?

Anyway, Kobe can realistically be ranked anywhere from 7-11 depending on the criteria and how it's weighed. Personally I have him neck and neck with Hakeem for the 10th spot.

Local High School Star

I have Kobe and Lebron as equals right now as a huge lebron fan.

Kobe has the longevity which is proven (Lebron can stretch his career even longer if he keeps healthy) and Kobe has five championships (even if 1 or 2 of them were side-kick rings). Kobe however did play for the Lakers which has like 5 of the 10 best players to ever touch the ball so huge advantage there. A fair question would be what if Lebron was drafted in Kobe's position in the 90s (with the Jerry Buss Lakers) and Kobe was drafted by the Cavaliers in 03..I really see Kobe jumping teams to the bulls faster then he gets his shot up.

I objectively have him at 12

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by scuzzy
    Just spoke with the counsel of the Lebron Fam and it was concluded unanimously:

adding

I do believe this is the official family doctrine. Based on the scholarship Ive done on Family customs, protocols, and statutes as an active member, that is the conclusion our tradition would mandate based on current circumstance. Individuals within the family are allowed to have their own views on it but as a composite singular entity making an endorsement, the official position of The Lebron Family is: "12th, and that's generous."

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    I do believe this is the official family doctrine. Based on the scholarship Ive done on Family customs, protocols, and statutes as an active member, that is the conclusion our tradition would mandate based on current circumstance. Individuals within the family are allowed to have their own views on it but as a composite singular entity making an endorsement, the official position of The Lebron Family is: "12th, and that's generous."

Yep, that's the General Consensus of the Fam

12th and that's generous

Quote Originally Posted by Doranku
    I can only imagine if Kobe had 7 first round exits like Hakeem, or unprecedented drop-offs from the regular season -> playoffs -> finals like Wilt, or lost 7 times in the finals like Jerry West.

I've even seen people here put Moses above Kobe... Moses has 2200 career playoff points. Kobe had 2000 from '08-10. Oh but he has 3 MVPs.... and in two of those years, he was bounced in the first round while shooting 44% and 43% from the floor as a 6'10 big man.

People just hate Kobe, so they magnify his failures and completely ignore his successes.
    Hakeem had like a 50/25 game in one of those exits, no? West was spectacular in the finals, and Kobe isn't even in Wilt's stratosphere..

Quote Originally Posted by 34-24 Footwork
    Kobe and Bron are two totally different players. Not sure if they can be compared. One had made a living on the perimeter. One has made a living in the paint.

But yes...anyone thats watched basketball knows that they are both top 10 players.

Even If they swapped positions, you wouldnt really be able to tell who would "do better" with opposite teams.

This is as objective as it gets, unfortunately.
    for a Kobetard, maybe

Kobe is barely top 12

Let's be honest for a minute here...

What argument does Kobe have over

MJ?
    KAJ?
    BRON?
    Russell?
    Wilt?
    Duncan?
    Shaq?
    Magic?
    Bird?
    Big O?
    Olajuwon?

Quote Originally Posted by k0kakw0rld

MJ?
    KAJ?
    BRON?
    Russell?
    Wilt?
    Duncan?
    Shaq?
    Magic?
    Bird?
    Big O?
    Olajuwon?
    Kobe certainly has arguments over Oscar

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by k0kakw0rld

MJ?
    KAJ?
    BRON?
    Russell?
    Wilt?
    Duncan?
    Shaq?
    Magic?
    Bird?
    Big O?
    Olajuwon?
    Big O- zero rings as the number one option. Accumulated empty stats in a weak era. 1 sidekick ring with KAJ.

Russell- played in a 10 team league and had the most stacked team in NBA history relative to the competition. He was a terrible player on offense. He was basically Ben Wallace playing against short nonathletic white guys.

Hakeem- had a better peak than Kobe but Kobe has superior cumulative career accolades/longevity.

Bird- had a better peak than Kobe but Kobe has superior cumulative career accolades/longevity. Also Bird needed a ridiculously stacked team to win- McHale and Parish(hall of famers) and Dennis Johnson(All Star). None of Bird's titles is as impressive as Kobe winning with a Gasol as his number 2 option(a poor man's McHale at best) and no other all stars.

Duncan- Kobe beat Duncan 4 out of 6 series in the playoffs. Kobe beat Duncan 4-1 in the 2008 WCF despite Parker and Ginobili outperforming Gasol and Odom. Duncan was also the team captain of the 2004 Bronze medal team while Kobe was the captain of the 2008 Gold Medal team.

Here is a pretty comprehensive Kobe vs Duncan debate-

http://thecomeback.com/nba/tale-of-t...im-duncan.html

I agree that he is top 10. Bean is the 2nd best shooting guard and arguably the most skilled player all-time.